Page 72 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3994

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA

Re: Official WWE Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    Sting has "reported" to have signed already with TNA for another season.
    Thats a shame. Sting's talents are wasted with WCW-lite.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

According to Dave Meltzer, TNA sources indicated that Sting has not signed a new deal with the company for 2011 and were under the impression that he was WWE-bound. While nobody knew this for a fact, this was the feeling.
    more fuel for the fire
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yea, Sting could be going to the WWE. Who knows. It just seems like 2/21/11 is referring Taker. Maybe it's both. Time will tell.

MLB ERA

Raw=Sting. IMO. We will see the video montages of the Taker for build up to Wrestlemania with him making a couple appearances the last couple episodes of SD.

And yes I was looking at the wrong month earlier.

One side thought its a shame this couldn't have happened a year sooner. Could you imagine the battle of the Icons? Sting vs Michaels at Wrestlemania and the promos they could cut to build up?

*Edited*

Thought about what HiG said about Cole screwing King... Opening bout of Wrestlemania. Handicap Match Cole and Alex Riley vs King? King pins Cole after a pile driver that "kills" Cole and knocks him off tv for a while?
    Last edited by Slyder; 02-02-2011 at 12:45 AM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Typical tactic to push an old fogie to a win. He doesn't do shit but tool around the ring while others do the work then they set up some fluke win in the end.

Lawler winning the title would be even more disgusting than Santino Marella parading around with the tag title by beating people with a jab to the shoulder. (I know it won't happen, but still)

The only thing worse that I can think of was David Arquette winning the WCW title.

It's stupid enough that he's even in a match for the title at a PPV.

I like Lawler as much as the next guy but I like him because of his commentary. I realize he was a hot shot in the Indy circuit but as a WWF/E wrestler he was never anything more than a midcarder who was famous for being a coward in the ring. (remember how he'd always duck out of the Rumble and hide under the mat?)

It's absolutely stupid to suddenly give him a title push now when he's 61 years old and they have to use Brett Hart tactics to get him to wins.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Trying to get the discussion going again but I must admit when Santino rolled out fo the ring I was laughing my butt off at the thought he might roll back up and dump someone over the top to win it. I'm sorry I would have found that HYSTERICALLY AWESOME, and about a FIFTY on the scale if it had been on Cena.
    I couldn't disagree more. The Royal Rumble is the 2nd most prestigious PPV in the WWE and the winner of the match gets an automatic main event title match at the most prestigious PPV: Wrestlemania.

If they gave that title shot to a comic relief character it would have been a huge disgrace to the company. Almost (but not quite) as bad as WCW handing the Big Gold Belt to David Arquette just to promote a movie.

I'll admit that for the short-term it would have been funny, but I'd rather they not sacrifice the prestige of winning the Rumble and going on to main event Wrestlemania for the sake of a little comic relief. And, because of that note, I'd much rather have seen Cena win it again.

That being said, setting it up the way they did where he could have won it but didn't was pretty funny.

Also kind of disappointed in the Rumble Match as a whole. What's the point of expanding it if half the Rumble is going to be dominated by Nexus and Cena? Leave it at 30 let it get crowded and then have Kane do what he does.
    Agree with keeping it at 30.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. The Royal Rumble is the 2nd most prestigious PPV in the WWE and the winner of the match gets an automatic main event title match at the most prestigious PPV: Wrestlemania.

If they gave that title shot to a comic relief character it would have been a huge disgrace to the company. Almost (but not quite) as bad as WCW handing the Big Gold Belt to David Arquette just to promote a movie.

I'll admit that for the short-term it would have been funny, but I'd rather they not sacrifice the prestige of winning the Rumble and going on to main event Wrestlemania for the sake of a little comic relief. And, because of that note, I'd much rather have seen Cena win it again.

That being said, setting it up the way they did where he could have won it but didn't was pretty funny.
    Wow really comparing it to giving the WCW to David Arquette? At least Santino is a wrestler. I would have said about as realistic as Zach Ryder being #1 contender... for 1 minute. But yes I know, it would have been a monumental (maybe impossible) task to make it a WrestleMania caliber match. Just commenting that I would have found it hysterrical as possible.

What if you were to substitute Santino for the King in the Raw Rumble going into Elimination Chamber? (And Yes I know this is building up some sort of match for the King at WM)

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Official WWE/TNA/ROH ThreadBooker T, commentating on SmackdownAWESOME!!!

MLB ERA

Wow really comparing it to giving the WCW to David Arquette? At least Santino is a wrestler. I would have said about as realistic as Zach Ryder being #1 contender... for 1 minute. But yes I know, it would have been a monumental (maybe impossible) task to make it a WrestleMania caliber match. Just commenting that I would have found it hysterrical as possible.
    Well, I did say not quite as bad, but it'd definitely be up there in the list of worst all-time bookings for the WWF/E/WCW.

What if you were to substitute Santino for the King in the Raw Rumble going into Elimination Chamber? (And Yes I know this is building up some sort of match for the King at WM)
    I'm not sure which would be worse. On one hand, at least Lawler's a veteran and somewhat of a legend...but he's 61 years old and needs others to work the match for him and win off flukes.

Marella, on the other hand, has no business being in main event matches so long as they keep portraying him as a comic relief character and having him win matches with the most idiotic finisher in the history of the business. But...at least he'd be able to carry the majority of his part of the match on his own.

I'll call it a wash, either way it's dumb.

As for Lawler and WM, it's pretty obvious they're setting up Cole vs Lawler. Cole will probably help Miz win at EC.

MLB ERA

There are 2 reasons Lawler got that match.

1 to basically guarantee that the Miz has the title going in to WM (to face Cena most likely) and 2 to set up Lawler vs. Riley and/or Cole at WM to give Lawler a match at WM (first time ever).

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    There are 2 reasons Lawler got that match.

1 to basically guarantee that the Miz has the title going in to WM (to face Cena most likely) and 2 to set up Lawler vs. Riley and/or Cole at WM to give Lawler a match at WM (first time ever).
    Will WWE figure out some way to write Cena getting screwed again or has he been out of the title picture too long? I hope for the former but expect the later.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

I got to admit looking at all the online sites has been fun as heck since monday. There was one "blog" that put up every Undertaker "return" video and dissected it to help show its not Undertaker. It got pulled sadly. people saying the letter S T N are in the smoke at the end, comparing boot styles, trenchcoats, even so far that 1 even said "Seven" was returning (aka Dustin Rhodes stupid pedofile alter ego in WCW that was based on his Golddust charecter). Its been hysterrical.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Predictions:
    Raw Elimination Chamber Match: John Cena (Final 2 Super Orton vs Super Cena)
    SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match: Edge
    WWE Champion The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler : Miz
    Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio: Del Rio
    WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov vs. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel: NEx.. I mean Corre.

And after seeing the 3rd 2/21/11 promo I gotta say I am almost disappointed that it is the Undertaker. Maybe swerve will be Sting comes "back" with him and that will be the tag match Jackson/Barrett v Undertaker/Sting.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

This seems like a fairly predictable PPV, but they may pull something out of their asses.

Predictions:

Raw Elimination Chamber Match: John Cena (I think it will be down to Morrison and Cena, Orton and Punk will take each other out)

SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match: Edge (There's an open slot now...Undertaker? HHH? Does Dolph get back in? It probably doesn't matter.)

WWE Champion The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler : Miz (duh)

Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio: Del Rio (duh again)

WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov vs. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel: Wendy's and Emo FTW, but who really cares?

I'm sure they'll throw a Divas match with Kong finally debuting and destroying Eve forever. Please?

I think they're building towards HHH/Undertaker personally. HHH to avenge Michaels loss. There's even speculation that HHH will put his career on the line.

MLB ERA

Apparently the site I did watch the PPV got shut down. Any suggestions where to watch free?

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels