Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: (Early) team interest thread..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: (Early) team interest thread..

Be the Mets
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If we could move Washington back to Montreal, I would be all over that.

MLB ERA

If Nick's ok with me being in the league, I'd like:

1) Chicago Cubs
    2) St. Louis Cardinals
    3) Minnesota Twins
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    If we could move Washington back to Montreal, I would be all over that.

That would be cool.
    Ted

MLB ERA

GF, I have nothing against you as a person on these forums (although admittedly there have been times that I have had a slight resentment towards TBSL, whether it be for good reason or not is subjective, and also irrelevant here so let's simply not even get into that). I think you're a good guy and have found myself in agreement or good debate with you on different occasions and subjects here in the non-related sim stuff. You're a good poster and I've got no beef.

That being said, I'm too nice of a person to outright deny anyone of a league spot anyway (even if I initially said I was going to hand-pick every GM, I'm too much of a pussy to stick to my guns). As long as they are good members here and atleast have a general idea of how the game works, they're welcome to run a team.

I'm completely fine with you joining, but the one thing I am stressing big time going into this new league, is activity. I really want everyone to try to stay active for this thing, as that is the whole reason I'm stopping w/ TPSL-- it hit a lull period and hasn't come out of that lull for close to 2 or 3 sim seasons by now. I know you usually post on the boards a lot, probably as much as anyone here, but I have barely seen you on the boards much at all lately and I know you haven't been that active in the sim league spectrum as a result.

But anyway, this post isn't meant to sound condescending or anything like that. I just want to make sure you'll have the time to be a contributing member to this league, and if you're going to be awol at some point, all I could ask is that you will let me know in advance so I can watch over your team or someone else can. I just don't want to have to be in the position to have to replace anyone due to inactivity this time around, unless they request to step down, in which case I would of course honor their request. In the past I've felt like there have been too many teams that go stagnant and remain like that for way too long, and when I finally do replace whoever is in that spot with someone fresh, the team's original GM resurfacing shortly thereafter and it puts me in a quandry since they usually are looking to reclaim their squad.

Long story short (sorry... I can't say summerize my thoughts without typing a buncha paragraphs, or if in real life i.e., rambling on for 20 minutes or so without even making the original point until 15 minutes in... it's an OCD issue or something I think) I'm fine with you joining as long as you'll be around for the ride. :P

Based on your choices, any are fine with me. I'm not 100% positive what DMB is going to do and I haven't seen him on the boards for awhile. If he doesn't reclaim the Cubs, I'm contemplating grabbing them... but STL is definitely not on my bill right now (as fun as it could be to run them), and though Washington would be really fun with having Strasberg and then Bryce Harper (assuming that whoever is running WAS at this point will take him in the 2010 season draft at #1, I know I would) in additional to a decent young core, I'm forcing myself to try the AL this time. Otherwise I thought about how fun it would be to run WAS for a second myself.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    That would be cool.
    It's funny you guys mention that. I was brainstorming about bringing back the Expos in some fashion. I dunno if I want to get rid of the Nationals franchise, especially considering they're finally on the way up (or should be anyway) in real life. Strasberg and Harper are going to be studs, not to mention Zimmerman who already is one. Marrero is still down on the farm and has a lot of promise left last I heard, and Desmond seems to finally be flashing some of that promise he's always been considered to possess, despite a ton of lost seasons in the minors leading up to this point. Add all of this to the fact that their division isn't extremely powerful by any means, while Philly, Atlanta and the Mets all have more than a handful of good players who are on the decline and their way out soon. Florida has a nice core, but who knows how long they'll keep even half of it together. Their fans should be counting down the days until Hanley and JJ are elligible for free agency, dreading every minute of it. If any time is a good time to be a Nats fan, it's probably now.

If we do wind up running with closer to 24 teams than 30 though, I would have no problem at all adding the Expos franchise in place of some team that wasn't going to be in the league anyway. Though right now the hope is this league can fill 30 teams (or that the CPU AI is good enough to handle a few squads that don't fill in the interim, since I'd assume that OOTP10 has much better AI than 6.5 did), so I don't want to get anyone too excited about an Expos reunion under those circumstances yet. But if it's determined that 24 teams would just work a lot better than 30, I'll definitely add them then.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

1. San Francisco
    2. Pittsburgh Pirates
    3. Minnesota Twins

MLB ERA

Wes, SFN is fine with me. I had told Mofo if you didn't want to keep them that he could take them, but if they're your #1 choice I'll see who else Mofo is interested in.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I'd love to have control of the Mets. If not, then I'll pretty much take whatever team is available, but obviously my hometown team would be my first choice...

MLB ERA

Works fine LJ. I'm hoping everyone has a team they follow in real life (or are knowledgeable enough to handle, if not a fan atlesast) to make the transaction to a new OOTP format smoother. It also adds a sense of realism, i.e. you probably won't see Hammer go trading Jeter while he's the Yankees GM, and that sentiment echos for other people running their favortie squads.
    I'll slot you in under the Mets.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Since Weskim pretty much made it clear that SFN is his first choice, I'll concede with the Dodgers being my first choice.

MLB ERA

Works good for me Mofo. I slotted you in there for now unless you change your mind. I'm done with the Dodgers moving forward, so I have no problems on that front. Good luck with them.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just realized this. Probably because ive been hit hard with life lately.

The GMs in the AL West could make that division beyond brutal. And very interesting when it comes to random ramblings.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The central divisions seems slightly neglected. Hilarious
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Of course, what also works for me still, as I proposed.. I Saber takes LAA, I take NYY, and hammer takes whatever... cardinals. Nick and hammer can resume their rivalry, I can kick General's ass, and Saber would get to compete with Providence A's.

Really, that scenario has a lot of perks. I've never been the yankees in a sim before either and I hate the Empire, there's potential for me to go crazy in the Bronx.
    Ted

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast