Thread: semi-late trade with some random stips: BAL-LAN...

MLB ERA

Trade semi-late trade with some random stips: BAL-LAN...

LAN sends:
    C.C. Sabathia, 3.5 Stars (16mil per, + 16mil/4yr extension)

BAL sends:
    SP John Leadbetter, 5.0 Spect (300k, 2013 automatic)
    MR Gabriel Frederickson, 5.0 Spect (MLC)

===============

Here's a few random notes....

Yes, he only has an odd 13 mil available in FA money, and C.C. makes 16 mil.... I did check for him already when we were in more serious talks a few days ago if the trade would work, and if you enter the trade of C.C. for Leadbetter + prospects, it goes through perfectly. I assume it takes $ out of extensions, I don't even know anymore... it's your guess as good as mine, but the trade worked perfectly so as far as I know this works financially for both teams

Past the trade dealine... I just got home now, and he said he is waiting for MIL to return an offer he made involving Leadbetter. I gave him until 3:00, which is when I will be signing off for the night, and if its a no go by then, our deal is going to be up to the voters.

edit -- he and I are agreeing to the deal

Please vote with unbiased honesty. This deal means a lot to my team, but not if it looks unfair (and not just from a jelously level :P)

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: semi-late trade with some random stips: BAL-LAN...

I like how this goes against everything that's believed by the sim world, financially. It's like learning ALF is a puppet. Damn.

Oh, pass, hate it for Baltimore cause he's going to be crippled financially and sadly, Sabathia isn't going to be popular enough to really boost the fan interest. Leadbetter is dreamy.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I dont know if it's actually going to happen. He told me by 3:00 if he hadn't heard from Milwaukee, he'd do it. but he also just signed off of aim. I will not input the deal unless I hear from him...

If I was him, I'd obviously want Gallardo more, and I encouraged him to go after Gallardo... who I know he is going after. But.... if a deal isn't reached between he and browntown, he told me he'd do this deal?

I uno... like I said, entering the trade is fine too. It goes through; it brings his FA cash to 0, and his extensions $ down to about... 6 mil if I remember correctly? I don't know, but it lowered.

I think he just really wants a big name pitcher. I'd keep Leadbetter in his shoes- not telling him how to run his team though, and it's not like i'm pillaging his farm.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Also, his fan interest (when I checked to see the financial thing) boosted to 60 atleast. Eh eh! :horny:

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Statistically, Sabathia is not so much better than Leadbetter that it's worth living in the red. I think he's selling his current arms short, he should have gone after a big bat to compliment Weiters and Markakis
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

To be fair, Sabathia just had 2 back to back awful starts this sim. Take those away, his ERA was close to 3.00 or below it. I have no qualms hanging onto him, as I know he will last well into his contract.... and beyond it. I just feel like I have no chance at competiting this year, and possibly next, so why bother... the only reason this trade looks as bad as it does is because I signed him to a monster extension right before selling him off. (and age, I guess.. but that extension makes everything look worse)

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Alright, he and I have agreed to do the deal.

I editted the initial post... this is an agreed to deal, just got in a little late =/

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

he really talked you down

pass

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Fine with me.

He offered me Leadbetter and Rowell for Gallardo...didn't really feel like doing it. So go for it nicholas
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.