Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the roster work for TPSL pt 2 today, and the current roll-call...

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Starting the roster work for TPSL pt 2 today, and the current roll-call...

Looks like there will be 4 teams open when Crimson and Bernie take a team. We may have missed someone in the thread though. Looks like we will be full or damn close to it.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

If Crimson or Bernie want the O's I can take NYM, Mil, Was in that preferred order. I love the O's but have won 3 OOTP WS with them and am more looking for a new challenge. That is if those three teams are still open... If I get the last team, it's cool.

I talked to Nick... List me as the Mets GM. Thanks.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bernie132000 View Post
    Wouldn't mind random. That would be really interesting. Question about rosters though: Are the players selected in the draft going to be there, i.e will Wieters be on Baltimore?

Yup, the 1st and maybe 2nd round (definitely all of the first, maybe the notables in the 2nd), will all be on their respective teams.

I've signed every free agent that was in the 2006 offseason free agent pool. Now I'm going team by team assembling their 25-man, and releasing players that need be released and assigning them to the right team. I'm on Detroit right now in descending order to give you guys an idea of where it's at... and I've been working on it for about an hour and a half. So it's breezing by.

I know it's kind of silly to do 25-man rosters, when every team's GM is going to be making call-ups and whatnot, but I want them to look presentable. And I've got the time and enjoy doing this.

Once I'm done with the 25-man rosters, I'm going to go through the current 150 prospects in baseball, and enter in the ones that aren't in already and modify the ones that need fixing.

Then everything's set!

Also, a note...

I've decided I'm going to enter in the trades and releases/signings, but not contract extensions, up until the all-star break.

So I am going to include the Barrett trade, Milton Bradley trades, Mike Maroth signing with the Cardinals, Tomo Ohko in the free agent pool, Scott Williamson in the FA pool, etc... because I was including other trades close to the time period, and if I don't include all of them, it's just too sketchy as to what's including, and what's not without a strict cut off date, and then it becomes too confusing.

So no extensions (Hafner, Buerhle, Ichiro, etc), but all trades and moves up until basically the all-star break are going to be in the game.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Sounds good. Also sounds like a lot of work is involved.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

great job nick
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Rookie ERA

what teams are open? i wouldnt mind the dodgers
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

Rookie ERA

Just read back... im totally for random teams.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

you could also let people pick the teams they want, but randomize the rosters.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

As far as I'm concerned I'm third in line for the O's. Both OM and bernie have seniority over me, plus bernie is the incumbent. If both of them turn the O's down, I'm all in. If not, I'd be happy w/ Anaheim or Texas (or other open AL team) and if that's not possible, then going back to San Fran is fine.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

what about compensation picks? You mentioned that 1st round picks and maybe 2nd round picks would be included. Will the compensation picks be included? Those are more important than the 2nd round picks IMHO...but if you can include the 1st, comp, and 2nd that would be cool.

Good work so far bro...keep it up man.

AAA ERA

I'm happy with the rosters being current to the All-Star break with the draft current. Plus if Nick lets me have the Cubbies. I can finally let Pie be the Cub's lead off hitter. Under the assumption he's close to ML ready in the sim. As he's borderline ready in real life as his MLB stats indicate.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Buherle's Extension was before the break. other than that. its cool.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bjd2933 View Post
    what teams are open? i wouldnt mind the dodgers

I'm pretty positive at this moment in time I'm taking the Dodgers... being co-GM, the two teams I had interest in were Dodgers and Pirates, and I think I like the Dodgers a tad more. If you don't mind that is... if you're deadset on the Dodgers, I can find someone else, but I kinda wanted them. But we can work shit out always.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Current list of teams so far:

AL East:
    Baltimore -
    Boston - Puravida
    New York - perforatededge
    Tampa Bay - General
    Toronto - Halladay

AL Central:
    Chicago (A) - Dam8610
    Cleveland - Kingdom of Zito
    Detroit - DiamondDave
    Kansas City - Slyder
    Minnesota - mntwinsfan

AL West:
    Los Angeles (A) -
    Oakland - Prov
    Seattle - Porter99
    Texas -

NL East:
    Atlanta - Draven
    Florida - Missionhockey21
    New York (N) - Orioles Magic
    Philadelphia -
    Washington -

NL Central:
    Chicago (N) - DMBZeppelin
    Cincinnati - albbla
    Houston - Mofo
    Milwaukee - browntown
    Pittsburgh -
    St. Louis - krush

NL West:
    Arizona -
    Colorado -
    Los Angeles - nick
    San Diego - Dry
    San Francisco -

We have 8 teams, and 8 people left to choose.

Remaining teams:

Sanfran, Colorodo, Arizona, Philadelphia, Washington, LAA, Baltimore, Texas

Reamaning GMs:

Shadow, Witlon, Bernie, Crimson, BJD, Hammer, Dawkins, doppledanger

This is assuming that Brownton and Mofo are sticking with the Brewers and Astros, which was up in limbo as of the other day, but seemed likely.

In either case, the amount of remaining teams and people matches up perfectly. We just need to work it out from here.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I'm happy with the rosters being current to the All-Star break with the draft current. Plus if Nick lets me have the Cubbies. I can finally let Pie be the Cub's lead off hitter. Under the assumption he's close to ML ready in the sim. As he's borderline ready in real life as his MLB stats indicate.

Pie's rated pretty nice... he's got nice potential atleast, and plays great defense. #1 spect in the Cubs farm. Don't know if he's ready to lead off though. He's 7-6-2 current, I believe.

Donnie Veal and others are going to be on the farm too. Lots of updates that weren't on previous OOTP rosters will be on this set.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast