Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 HSL Random Ramblings

2007 HSL Random Ramblings

BREAKING NEWS: YANKS CUT TIES WITH SHORTSTOP GLOBE

NEW YORK -- In a statement released to the media today, Yankees GM Igor Sadovyi announced that SS Thomas Globe, a big acquisition during the 2004-2005 offseason, has played his last game for the Yankees. The troubled Globe was arrested and charged with possession with intent to sell of 50 grams of cocaine at a World Series celebration party at his home in Scarsdale, NY. This is Globe's third run-in with Westchester County Police in less than six months: Globe was arrested for speeding (85 MPH in a 50) on the Bronx River Parkway in June, but escaped with only 100 hours of community service. In September, Globe was again in trouble, accused of sexual assault by a Brooklyn model; however, all charges were dropped by the model herself after an alleged out-of-court settlement.

Sadovyi was quoted as saying that he "wish[es] Thomas all the best in his career," and that he hopes the talented shortstop is able to get his affairs in order and focus on baseball. Globe began the season as the Yankees' leadoff hitter, but was dropped to the number 8 spot in the lineup following early-season struggles, and batted a very disappointing .253 in 2006. Sadovyi expressed disappointment that he had to let Globe go, but Globe's exorbitant salary, combined with poor performance and off-the-field issues made the decision, in his words, "a no-brainer."

"Thomas' recent behavior and disregard for the law is ill-fitting for a professional baseball player for the New York Yankees. The organization sees its players as important role models to children and will not do business with those who are unable to fulfill that requirement," said Sadovyi, finishing his prepared statement.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2007 HSL Random Ramblings

Recent rumblings in Milwaukee have team owner Chris Foster exploring a move of his franchise. A recent quote

I am all for drinking beer and having a good time folks. Lets be honest here. But when I got most of my team out at the PBR factory drinkin' an hour before the game, I got problems. I caught Nomar pounding back a 2-4 of PBR during opening day. That should only happen come the end of the season, not opening day.
    Asked if there were any locations he might like to move to, Foster replied...

I can till you where we won't be, Italy. I tried to get that Ferrari guy to buy the team from me in return for a seat in one of his F1 cars. He said I was a drunken fool. Now where's that bottle of rye.

MLB ERA

This just in the Anaheim Angels are staying put. Asked why they aren't going to LA GM Slyder was quoted as saying...

Los Angeles is expected to fall into the ocean with the big one. We dont want to risk bad kharma sinking us as well. Nor do we want to risk armaggedon as the city itself is cursed by the Lakers should we ever beat Seattle for the AL West title.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Only Saber and I win with Anaheim anyways.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MARINERS CUT TIES WITH RICHARD GOLDSBERRY

SEATTLE (AP)-- The Seattle Mariners cut ties with 2003 WS MVP Richard Goldsberry this afternoon. The M's have to pay Goldsberry his remaining 5.5 million dollars on his contract. The move is believed to open the door for top prospect Adrian Gonzalez starting at 1B in 2007. Goldsberry hit .289/.339/.439 in 930 games since being originally acquired in 1998 via trade.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

PROVIDENCE (AP) - Providence, RI has won the bid for relocation of the Montreal Expos. The capital city won the bid over San Jose, CA and Manhattan, NYC. The team will be renamed the Paladins. There was consideration given to the team being renamed the Grays in honor of the original major league team in Providence, but the owner decided on the Providence Paladins. He had this to say:

"The paladins were the foremost warriors of Charlemagne's court. It just seemed fitting as this team feels that they constantly have to battle for respect in the league. They were hardly respected in Montreal. The city just didn't show the enthusiasm that they once did. It was clear that the team needed a change of scenery. Providence really stepped up in their bid and have been yearning for their own major league baseball team for a long time now."

The owner also unveiled the new logo. The team colors are now black and white. The home jerseys are traditional white with black lettering and the road jerseys are gray with the black lettering. There will be an alternate black jersey with gray lettering.

Providence is very excited and proud to have this new franchise. The mayor of Providence stated "It's always been a dream of mine to bring professional baseball back to the city of Providence and the state of Rhode Island. We have been trapped under the tyranny of the Boston Red Sox for long enough. Providence will be the premier team in New England for years to come."

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

PRV: Ken Griffey Jr. retires ...
    He will be in the Hall Of Fame!

BAL: Michael Willer retires ...
    He will be in the Hall Of Fame!

Yankees available FA money: $3 mil.

Justasplanned

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Boston and New York have a combined 3.3 million to spend. Impressive.
    Ted

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Boston neglected his team. I thought about releasing some of his payroll, but I will give him a chance to get back into things this season.

At least I won a title. My mission of "find out what happens when you spend like a nut" is complete. Now to start acting like a real GM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Boston neglected his team. I thought about releasing some of his payroll, but I will give him a chance to get back into things this season.
    Yes, let's not give him a free pass for being on a sabbatical.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Weak FA class with SS Fernandez near the top lol.
    Last edited by Providence A's; 08-06-2010 at 07:48 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Providence is an untapped market.
    Ted

I'm planning on next season being the last that I lose over 20 mil; likely to lose 50-75 million. After that, contracts start coming off slowly, and Goggans' deal is up in 3. I'm hoping to get back into the positives before Goggans' deal is up but that remains unlikely.

Next season: last push!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast