Thread: Sim Schedule

MLB ERA

Sim Schedule

Well....this isn't an exact schedule, but it's as close as we have. As in the past, I will always give you about 24 hours notice that a sim is scheduled. As a rule of thumb...we will usually do a sim every other day, but that isn't etched in stone. We may do a sim everyday. So just keep checking the forum for scheduled sims, and you will never miss one. We move at a fast pace here in the SBSL.

Bench Warmer Lou Brown (Indians)'s Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Hate do be the trouble-maker again, but can't we have a regular schedule like SUN-TUE-THU or something like that? Would probably be easier for most GMs, at least for me.
    Also, we're doing one week each sim?
    Indians GM, Angels blogger

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Brown (Indians)
    Hate do be the trouble-maker again, but can't we have a regular schedule like SUN-TUE-THU or something like that? Would probably be easier for most GMs, at least for me.
    That's a nice thing if the Commish can do it but ultimately, he's running the league, paying for the site and spending more time than anyone of us. So if he needs us to work around his schedule, his LIFE, then so be it. I am not trying to sound rude but Crazy has done so much already and working around when he can or can't do it should be acceptable as 24 hours notice is plenty of time to get changes in.

Just my two cents (and I am sorry if I sounded harsh, that's not my intent.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Regular Schedules is tough to do considering the other things that might occur. Its 10 games a sim. and this is actually quicker than most sims go. I like the 24 hour notice before sims so you can prepare for it. Your not being a trouble maker about it but it would be actually easier for Crazy if he does it the way he has it now. You put him into set days and that adds more commiment then hes already done, which is an insane rate.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As someone who has ran a league solid for over two years now, when the league starts to feel like a burden (even more so), that's not good for the league. And likely, Crazy will have sims at similar times/patterns just due to his normal schedule but being locked into something is not fun since life does happen.

Rookie ERA
    I like the way the commish does it, But if we are going to have a Regular schedule, It should be posted on the website.

AAA ERA
    I agree, keep it random but strive for frequency.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    I know this is how a lot of leagues do things. Keep in mind though that most OOTP leagues require the GMs to own the game. I don't do that. I'm willing to enter line-ups for those GMs that don't have the game. In the past, I have entered all of the line-ups because a lot of GMs in this league don't have OOTP. That does increase the workload a lot. It would be easier for the GMs if I had a schedule, but it would be a lot harder for me to be locked into a schedule. I can do a sim tonight, but I may not be able to do one next Thursday. It's possible that Wed and Friday would be better next week. I will run 10 days per sim, and in the past I have run sims on consecutive days. I like moving the league at a fast pace. I will usually post the information for the next sim immediately after the previous sim is posted.

This is a lot of work, and the pay sucks. I think 24 hours is enough time to get your schedules in. As Mission said... life does happen. The number one rule in this league is to check the forum often. All you need to know about the sims and the league will be posted in the forum.

MLB ERA
    BTW...if this was a paying job, then I could easily give you a schedule. lol

Bench Warmer Lou Brown (Indians)'s Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    ... It would be easier for the GMs if I had a schedule, but it would be a lot harder for me to be locked into a schedule. I can do a sim tonight, but I may not be able to do one next Thursday. It's possible that Wed and Friday would be better next week...
    I actually thought of the schedule more as a deadline for the GMs and not for the commish. That you are only simming if you have the time is a matter of course.
    Indians GM, Angels blogger

MLB ERA
    I actually thought of the schedule more as a deadline for the GMs and not for the commish. That you are only simming if you have the time is a matter of course.
    I like to get the sims done ASAP after the deadline though.

Also...I could have some sort of Mon/Wed/Fri schedule, but what if I can sim Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sun of a certain week? Every week won't be like that, but if I have more time certain weeks, then I will sim more often.