Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: It's Prediction Day!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: It's Prediction Day!!!

Zito can't pronounce "mn"
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

hey!
    I was new to the forums. I thought he was a mount twins fan and I thought rocksports was cool.

I was horribly wrong.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    and who the hell is that exactly lol
    Me

And I fully understood the rules!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    You are smarter? Dude... you are the only one that didn't understand the rules.
    it's not that i "didn't understand the rules." I just didn't realize i would be forfeiting my pick. i don't think you can make that assessment without putting everyone else in my situation. i sign on, and subsequently see that i may have to forfeit my pick. i think that would put most people into unhappy wtf mode. nowhere in the rules does it say anything about forfeiting my pick. it says i need money. nothing about what would happen if i don't have money. especially since there's 2 players who don't require money to get. i don't think i'm entirely off base. but whatever, it's not a big deal. i'll live with it. i don't run the league, therefore i have to follow whatever goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i love you, rims pan
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    it's not that i "didn't understand the rules." I just didn't realize i would be forfeiting my pick. i don't think you can make that assessment without putting everyone else in my situation. i sign on, and subsequently see that i may have to forfeit my pick. i think that would put most people into unhappy wtf mode. nowhere in the rules does it say anything about forfeiting my pick. it says i need money. nothing about what would happen if i don't have money. especially since there's 2 players who don't require money to get. i don't think i'm entirely off base. but whatever, it's not a big deal. i'll live with it. i don't run the league, therefore i have to follow whatever goes on.
    What did you think would happen if the prospects were taken and the players you can't afford was all that was left?

Sure, he didn't outright say you'd have to forfeit the pick, but it's the only logical conclusion that can be drawn as to what's going to happen.

In the end it's not a big deal.

I participated "for nothing" as well and get to watch 3 of my division rivals pick up a free player that's very good.

But, you know what? The forums now have 4 more threads that probably would not have been posted otherwise, which is the main point of these things.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

it says i need money. nothing about what would happen if i don't have money. especially since there's 2 players who don't require money to get.
    ok, but what would you expect to happen if you don't have the money to sign the pick?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    What did you think would happen if the prospects were taken and the players you can't afford was all that was left?

Sure, he didn't outright say you'd have to forfeit the pick, but it's the only logical conclusion that can be drawn as to what's going to happen.

I participated "for nothing" as well and get to watch 3 of my division rivals pick up a free player that's very good.

But, you know what? The forums now have 4 more threads that probably would not have been posted otherwise, which is the main point of these things.
    Sorry you didn't make it in time Leo, but I had a deadline, and I've got to stick with it. It wouldn't be fair to anyone else if I moved it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What did you think would happen..
    perhaps the phrase of the day for SBSL, maybe the new league motto?
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Sorry you didn't make it in time Leo, but I had a deadline, and I've got to stick with it. It wouldn't be fair to anyone else if I moved it.
    I know.

That wasn't meant as a complaint.

I was just pointing out that I was kinda in the same predicament of having "participated for no reason", albeit for different reasons.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

I never really thought it through, i'll take responsibility for that. i just wish it was clearly spelled out cuz it never really crossed my mind this situation. your consequence was much more clear. the deadline was all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I never really thought it through, i'll take responsibility for that. i just wish it was clearly spelled out cuz it never really crossed my mind this situation. your consequence was much more clear. the deadline was all over the place.
    The deadline was all over the place, but it wasn't stated outright that if I didn't get it done by the deadline I wouldn't be able to participate.

But, that conclusion is obvious, much like the conclusion to what happens if you don't have the money to sign the player.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So basically a 109 win team had to forefit his pick. If i finished 5th would I get the last person?

And Im the only person to pick KC. Does that make me smarter?!?!? Not in a game of luck.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    So basically a 109 win team had to forefit his pick. If i finished 5th would I get the last person?

And Im the only person to pick KC. Does that make me smarter?!?!? Not in a game of luck.
    This is far from luck, their are clearly trends and favorites in all matchups. There are reason people make their living betting on sports and its not cause its total luck.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I seriously doubt anyone that made picks here makes a living doing so. I love how some of the winners are so gracious and insult the rest of us. These reward things always result in this kind of bullshit. And then those same people will be all nice when they want me to do something for them in my league

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast