Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Free Agent Sim Tonight!!!

Re: Live Free Agent Sim Tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    perhaps. in all honesty, only one gm has complained. compared to 16 or 17 GMs in the chat that seemed to enjoy the opportunity. well.... giantsfan kinda complained too.
    im not complaining, just saying that im gonna have to give this one a miss that's all
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewrock View Post
    im not complaining, just saying that im gonna have to give this one a miss that's all

That's cool, but you can still send in your free agent offers at anytime. No deadline as long as i receive them before the day is simmed sometime after 9:00pm EST.

MLB ERA

I mean, I didn't complain, but I still think it was kinda whack.

I have a busy life at night, and the idea isn't to use participation against GMs who participate on their own time.

If someone made a thread that said "post in this in the next hour or you're out of the league," odds are, 3/4 of the league wouldn't make it.

There's a reason that a live draft is a consensus time for everyone where people have free time. Also, I mean, 9:00? If anyone goes out, if people want to watch the game and not be on, it's sort of unfair to them.

That anyone is penalized by being active isn't fair. Participation offers rewards. And it isn't like us GMs who weren't there don't participate either.

Live FA works as a negative incentive.

Also, was Peavy signed?

MLB ERA

No Peavy yet.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    I mean, I didn't complain, but I still think it was kinda whack.

I have a busy life at night, and the idea isn't to use participation against GMs who participate on their own time.

If someone made a thread that said "post in this in the next hour or you're out of the league," odds are, 3/4 of the league wouldn't make it.

There's a reason that a live draft is a consensus time for everyone where people have free time. Also, I mean, 9:00? If anyone goes out, if people want to watch the game and not be on, it's sort of unfair to them.

That anyone is penalized by being active isn't fair. Participation offers rewards. And it isn't like us GMs who weren't there don't participate either.

Live FA works as a negative incentive.

Sims, Darfts, and FA signings are almost always done at 9:00pm EST in my leagues. I really don't understand the complaints, it isn't a negative incentive for anyone. It's not like you have to be present in order to submit offers. I could completely understand if that was the situation, but it isn't. If you are willing to pay a player a certain amount, and you can't be at the sim, then send me the offer before the sim. Like I said before, no FA offers made during the sim (unless i missed one) signed in that round. So nobody really gained anything, except a lot of fun for everyone that was there.

MLB ERA

Perhaps, if you can't be at the live one, send Crazy a "max offer", and then he can go up to that if ur offer is beaten? I'm not sure if that would work, but maybe?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Perhaps, if you can't be at the live one, send Crazy a "max offer", and then he can go up to that if ur offer is beaten? I'm not sure if that would work, but maybe?
    I would be willing to do that, if they were sent in seperate PMs titled "max offers for (team name)"

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Sims, Darfts, and FA signings are almost always done at 9:00pm EST in my leagues. I really don't understand the complaints, it isn't a negative incentive for anyone. It's not like you have to be present in order to submit offers. I could completely understand if that was the situation, but it isn't. If you are willing to pay a player a certain amount, and you can't be at the sim, then send me the offer before the sim. Like I said before, no FA offers made during the sim (unless i missed one) signed in that round. So nobody really gained anything, except a lot of fun for everyone that was there.
    True.

But what if someone had an offer for Hanley, lost out, and then offered Chone Figgins and stole him from someone who made a good offer.

FA works that way. You're changing the dynamic and it punishes people who don't come.

Just because it didn't happen that way the first round, doesn't mean it won't ever happen that way.

MLB ERA

I think we need to seperate the concept of a "live FA sim" and the concept of allowing offers during them in these arguments.

The live FA sim doesn't reward or punish anyone if we don't allow live offers.

I think, no matter what, we should do live FA sims as long as it fits Crazy's schedule because it's fun to BS with eachother and make fun of others for giving huge contracts...then feeling hypocritical when your huge contract is posted.

The debate is whether or not we should allow live offers during it, not so much whether or not we should conduct a live sim in the chat room while crazy does it.

Yeah, I realize that's all semantics, but I just want to ensure that we still do the chat thing regardless.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

if we ever make it to the postseason, we should do live sims, play by play, for crucial games

that was a lot of fun for tssl back in the day
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

that would be awesome

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Love that idea.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    if we ever make it to the postseason, we should do live sims, play by play, for crucial games

i've been thining a lot about that. tie breaker games and big playoff games could be done that way. as long as at least one of the GMs is present.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    The debate is whether or not we should allow live offers during it, not so much whether or not we should conduct a live sim in the chat room while crazy does it.

Yeah, I realize that's all semantics, but I just want to ensure that we still do the chat thing regardless.

It's cool hollywood. We will still do the chat thing for free agency, sims, and drafts. I won't let that stop, because I think it makes the league better. I also think having the opportunity to make offers during the sim is also good for the league, so that will continue also. I will accept "max lists" as was suggested, if anyone wants to send them in.

Whether you like the ability to make offers during a live FA sim is up for debate. Whether it will happen is not.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post

Oh, I'm also planning on having a vote for the All Star players, and a live play by play of the All Star game.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast