Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Random Rumblings Take 3

MLB ERA

Re: 2008 Random Rumblings Take 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Your 3B or Ryan Howard or David Ortiz will win it.

Joba or Zambrano for Cy Young (although, if Carpenter was on a decent team, he'd have been amazing)
    I've had Granderson win one with only 19 HR... because of dominating the other categories.... that is exactly what Stubbs is doing... Wright only has RBI.... I think Stubbs has to be the front runner
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Howard has 50 bombs, which is actually less than last year so far.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe OOTP was created by a sabermetrician, and will freak out when it sees Stubbie has 42 walks.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    I've had Granderson win one with only 19 HR... because of dominating the other categories.... that is exactly what Stubbs is doing... Wright only has RBI.... I think Stubbs has to be the front runner
    While it's true Granderson won only with 14 homeruns and 100 rbi, his biggest competition for MVP was Chone Figgins, Mike Sweeney and a down year from Ortiz (low average, low OBP, lower than normal slugging). Stubbs on the other hand has his own teammates to worry about, Howard (50 homeruns, 124 rbis, near 1.000 ops), and Ortiz (nearly the same numbers). Stubbs will win the batting title, Howard will win the homerun crown unless Ortiz goes off in the final week or two, and Wright wins the rbi title. Pick your poison.

Oh, and Doppel, Brazell could top Longoria for RoY. If 150 abs is the cut off.
    Ted

MLB ERA

7-3 sim to close out the season, 3rd place in the Ruth division with a 88-74 record

Monday 10/2/2008: Player of the Week honors go to Tracy
    The Player of the Week award in the American League goes to Detroit's Chad Tracy this time, as the third baseman displayed the best offensive perfomance in his league. Chad pounded opposing pitchers, hitting .538 with 2 HR and 6 RBI while slugging .923. His season features a batting average of .280 (155 hits in 553 AB), 38 doubles, 4 triples and 23 taters. Tracy collected 103 RBI and 83 runs as well.

wooo Tracy!!! at least one of my trades went right

Matt "freakin' eh" Cedar
    he's now 9-9-10-5-5 in overall actuals, just need to get Discipline up to 8 and he'll be filled out, didn't do that well during the September call up but he will start next season at 3B

turns out I had the 6th (tied with SF) best record in the whole league and I finished 3rd in my ****ing divison
    Last edited by Halladay_is_God; 05-29-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: late edit
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    7-3 sim to close out the season, 3rd place in the Ruth division with a 88-74 record

Monday 10/2/2008: Player of the Week honors go to Tracy
    The Player of the Week award in the American League goes to Detroit's Chad Tracy this time, as the third baseman displayed the best offensive perfomance in his league. Chad pounded opposing pitchers, hitting .538 with 2 HR and 6 RBI while slugging .923. His season features a batting average of .280 (155 hits in 553 AB), 38 doubles, 4 triples and 23 taters. Tracy collected 103 RBI and 83 runs as well.

wooo Tracy!!! at least one of my trades went right

Matt "freakin' eh" Cedar
    he's now 9-9-10-5-5 in overall actuals, just need to get Discipline up to 8 and he'll be filled out, didn't do that well during the September call up but he will start next season at 3B

turns out I had the 5th (tied with SF) best record in the whole league and I finished 3rd in my ****ing divison
    Had to give up something for a 9-9-8 SP
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Grantham looked excellent. Masterson is rounding out, looks like I have a complete staff now. Things look bright for next season, if I get who I want in the dream draft.
    Ted

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Man I wish Harden could win CY, he did great on the season. Probably wouldnt have been close to winning this many games if it wasnt for him. I can only hope.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA

Record: 88 Wins, 74 Losses, .543 Winning Pct.
    Home Record: 47 Wins, 34 Losses
    Away Record: 41 Wins, 40 Losses
    1 Run Games Record: 26 Wins, 27 Losses
    X-Innings Record: 11 Wins, 8 Losses
    Record vs LHP: 14 Wins, 16 Losses
    Record vs RHP: 74 Wins, 58 Losses
    Payroll: $71,476,571 (2nd)
    Fan Interest: 85/100 (1st)

records that need improving, 1 Run Games (hate being sub .500 there), and vs LHP (not too surprising given most of my team is left handed)

Payroll and Fan Interest are good

Batting AVG: .263 (11th)
    Homeruns: 159 (20th)
    Walks: 603 (1st)
    Stolen Bases: 160 (20th)
    Runs Scored: 838 (9th)

Pitching ERA: 4.34 (11th)
    Opponents AVG: .262 (20th)
    HRs Allowed: 164 (12th)
    Walks Allowed: 505 (18th)
    Runs Allowed: 764 (11th)

Walks and Runs Scored are great, batting average and homeruns could be better but I'm Detroit so low HR totals are expected.

Pitching came around in the 2nd half, consistency is a big problem, bigger problem is my top 2 starters finished 18-32 combined.

Eric Patterson had a great season as they were the lead-off and 2nd hitter in the lineup, Patterson performed more than expect, finished top 5 in OBP (.378), top 10 in AVG (.302) and top 10 in SB (46) then ass his 15 HR and 104 Runs.

Hanley Ramirez was great, .300 avg, 11 HR, 93 RBI, .820 OPS, 41 SB, led the team in doubles, triples, and hits.

MR Manny Delcarmen will have a bigger role next season, he reached 99.2 IP and had 107 K's, possible closer if he fills out.

as said before I'm extra excited to see Matt Cedar in the majors next season, a hopeful for the RoY.

and bad/good news in development to end the season

Brandon Claussen has lost some movement on his pitches...
    a 2 point drop too down to 6

Joaquin Benoit seems to have improved his pure stuff!
    Joaquin Benoit's pitches have more bite now, the movement has improved!
    Joaquin Benoit is hitting his spots better, his command improved!

Benoit is now 9-8-8 with 8-7-6, looking forward to see if he improves which will add to my bullpen, almost cut him a month back.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Season in Review
    + 1st pick, Zach Duke, your Cy Young winner if my team wasn't bad.
    - 2nd pick, Dewon Brazelton, had his moments but still no way a 2nd rounder.
    + 3rd pick, Jose Reyes, has his own cult following of GMs and was my best hitter.
    neutral 4th pick, Justin Masterson, enjoyed a nice shot of HGH in his eyeball towards the end of the season
    - 5th pick, Travis Buck, has nice potential but he sucked.
    neutral 6th pick, James Shields, is not a good pitcher but did help me land a good pitcher.
    + 7th pick, Rick Ankiel, boosted and looks fine.
    + 8th pick, Robinson Cano, solid hitter but helped me land something better.
    + 9th pick, Curtis Granderson, he's not bad at all.
    - 10th pick, Kirk Saarloos, really really not a good pick by the computer.

Ammy Picks:
    + 1st pick, Jake Long, in the majors even though I should have taken the SS..
    + 2nd pick, Michael Grantham, maxed out to be Ichiro's clone and replacement.
    + 3rd pick, George Dahle, helped me land better players.

Trades:
    Regret moving- Grant Green. I liked Green. Decent SS prospect that did a little of everything.

Landed- Zach Duke's aid, in the form of Johnny Cueto(10-9-9) and Dustin Nippert(9-9-8). Also acquired a real closer in Jose Valverde.

Grades:
    Starting Pitching, B (Duke and Cueto were awesome, Brazelton and Nippert were solid, Maine lost his job and Masterson looks promising)

Relief Pitching, D- (Coffey had his moments, Valverde was good, Maroth was a nice addition, rest was bad)

Defense, F (led the league in errors, rarely started a catcher at catcher, played people out of position frequently due to lack of talent and injuries)

Offense, C- (improved a lot in the second half with some changes and players developing, wasn't as good as it could have been due to injuries/lack of power)

Stealing, A (2nd in steals, 5 guys with 25 or more steals plus what Ichiro accomplished)

MVP: Jose Reyes (.320, 56 rbi, 58 steals) and Zach Duke (18 wins, 2.81 ERA, 1.11 whip)

Rookie of the Year: Johnny Cueto (13 wins, 3.45 ERA, 1.09 whip)

Crap of the Year: John Maine(zero wins as a SP, 7 plus ERA) and Jason Isringhausen (6.40 ERA, demoted to AAA.. twice)
    Ted

MLB ERA

Maine!!!

MLB ERA

Well.. blew the division in the last SIM... still a good showing by a young team... will review the season later
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Green Monster City Redsox Report Card 2008

I will see how these guys compare to my report card that I will be getting in about a week.

C: Brandon Synder-B , stayed pretty consistent throughout the season
    C: Matthew Boman- B+ , heading towards stud C status in the future
    1B: Chip Cannon- C, Filled in admirably when Todd Helton was traded
    2B: Josh Barfield-A, played like the team M.V. P. throughout the season
    SS: Porfirio Gonzalez-C+, Has his ups and downs after taking over for Tejada, but great for the future
    3B: Tripper Johnson-C, Another Youngster who looks on the verge for some increased power numbers
    3B: Greg Powers-C, Great fill in for someone who actually over-achieved this year
    2B: Francisco Mazzola-D, Brought up at end of the season , but may have been to early
    DH/LF: Garret Anderson-A, Veteran kept this team together and play damn well
    RF: Jeff Francouer-F, He didn't even reach 20 HR"s and hit only .202 for the season.
    CF: Mitch Maier-D-, Roller Coaster ride this season with lots of ups and downs
    CF: Joseph Pietro= F, A lot of talent for this youngster, but it may be too early
    RF: Ryan Sweeney- D, Disappointed that he couldn't take over the CF job
    LF: Brian Stavinsky- C+, Nothing outstanding, but Mr. Consistent

SP: Jose Pineda-B+, came up at the end of season and pitched great, mainstay in rotation in 2009
    SP: Wade Davis-C-, Amazing talent, but just couldn't harness it quite yet
    SP: Josh Beckett-A, Could have been the Teams CY Young if it wasn't for Dice K
    SP: Philip Hughes-A -, Huge talent and still very young
    SP: Daisuke Matsuzake-A, Teams CY Young with 19-7 record
    CL: Kevin Gregg-B-, Had a slow start lost his job, but regained it and did great
    SU: Billy Wagner-A, Old man of the pen pitching for extension and he got an offer
    SU: Derrick Turnbow-B, Stepped in the beginning of the seasonas closer, great set up man
    MR: Rafael Soriano- B-, consistently good throughout the season in his role
    MR: Bubba Nelson-F, Came in at the end of season and faltered
    MU: Yusmeiro Petit-C. Odd man out of the rotation, but did good job in mop up role

Awards

Team M.V.P.-Josh Barfield
    Team Cy Young: Daisuke Matsuzaka
    Team Rolaids Relief: Kevin Gregg
    Team Rookie Of The Year: Matthew Boman
    Rookie On The Rise: Roque Pereira

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

looks like I'll have the 15th pick in the draft...hopefully, I can get something sweet

speaking of 1st round picks developing nicely...3B Contreras is 18 and already in AAA. 7,6,7,6,9 out of 9,7,9,10,9. He could play now, but I don't want to start his clock just yet if I can help it since this team isn't where I want it to be. His defense is a concern (4, .966)...not really my type of player, but he was the best left at the time IMHO.

my top spec 2B Lander is also just about ready and will be 20 once the season starts. He's 7,7,6,7,7 out of 9,7,10,10,8. I don't want to start his clock yet either. His defense is also a concern for me (3, .978).

Too bad I can't have 3 DHs (Ortiz, Contreras, and Lander).

Jackson, Bourn, Ortiz, and Jones carried my team. I did have 4 guys win 10 or more games (Burnett, Kim, Scherzer, and Cox), but the pitching wasn't very good overall.

CF Logan boosted to 9,8,5,8,6...maybe he'll reach it. He's currently 7,7,5,5,4.

I really hope I can make some big changes to this team as there are a lot of players that I don't like and don't really fit what I want to do...it just might take a while I guess.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Oh good, my first round pick is dead.

Joba lost duration (boo) but gained movement (yay)
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast