Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revised Point System

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    If you were a GM in our league, then you would realize that there isn't a "Delmon Young" type player in the draft. We have strong drafts with many good players. Just ask Dave how he was able to draft Bobby Witt.
    Yeppers

Bobby Witt 10-10-10 SP with the last pick of the 1st round

But we won't mention the destruction of Hermida and Beckett..... may they rest in peace
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Bobby Witt

http://sbsl.allsimbaseball.com/cato/...tbobby121.html

30th pick in the draft

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    How about using the points as some sort of compensation, like extra picks in the lower (2 and down) rounds? Better than altering the actual draft order.
    Sort of like Compensatory picks like NFL does with teams that lose FAs that they drafted?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Sort of like Compensatory picks like NFL does with teams that lose FAs that they drafted?
    You can't do that with OOTP.

We could do something with FA or something else; I just don't think we should **** with the draft.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Can't do it in FA because of the aspect that certain players will not deal with certain teams no matter what..... and it is arbitrary... not just because they are a poorly performing team or whatever..... I have plenty that never want to talk with my teams, and my teams are always contenders (it seems), I don't have huge turnovers of players, etc..... You can't give discounts on FA either....

While this is a bit different, I don't think the intent is to turn the league upside down.... it's not something I would have thought of to implement, I do believe that if the proper checks and balances are put into the system, it can add a nice incentive/spark without really killing the quiet players or lower teams....

btw, when do you expect FA to start Crazy?

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    brak

Never think that just because you are new, that you cannot add something of worth.... I think you expressed very well....
    Please don't misunderstand: I feel comfortable in the forum and participating in most discussions, though I haven't posted much. (Mostly for outside reasons.) For this topic, however, I didn't feel up until the point of my previous post that I had anything that was really worthy to post other than "I really don't know what to say about this". For me, it is like that with most topics.

My position remains tentatively the same, I think. It may be worth trying for a year at least.

Edited to add: I'm sorry. I'm not trying to turn every post into something about me. Though as Crazy alluded to earlier, I am the type of owner that he is trying to get to become more active.
    (former) GM of the Kansas City Monarchs of the (now defunct) SBSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    I've already signed everybody worthwhile....

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brak60
    My position remains tentatively the same, I think. It may be worth trying for a year at least.
    That's all I've ever asked for. Just for everybody to give it a shot. I mentioned originally that this is a trial to see if it will work. It may work and it may not work. I know for a fact that it won't work if nobody gives it a shot. I spend a lot of time on this league....more time than a lot of commisioners do, and I wouldn't do anything to wreck this league. I took over this league from Browntown and that other guy a couple of years ago to save the league, and make it stand out from any other league on the forums. Sometimes that means taking risks and doing something without knowing how it will work. If it does work, then this could be really good for the league. If it doesn't, well I don't think much harm comes from trying.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    You can't do that with OOTP.
    OOTP 2006 will allow you to do so.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    OOTP 2006 will allow you to do so.
    I didn't know that. I wish OOTP 2006 would work with BOSI.

AA ERA
    Even though I'm opposed to changing the draft whatsoever, I wouldn't mind taking Dave's idea more extreme. We would need to make it exponential (well sort of, it isnt perfect) though. Say the last place/first pick team gets 600 points. The second pick team gets 550, third gets 500. Fourth, 460, fifth, 410, sixth, 370...15th, 100, 16th, 75....last, 0. Something like that. This way, the guy with the last pick, can move up at a realistical most 5-7 slots if he clearly out does those ahead of him. The middle teams can move into the top 10, but not the top 5-7. The top 5 can rarely shuffle around but can change 1 or 2 slots. I can make a chart more detailed and include all the teams and slots, but I just want to see if this is something worth doing first.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    I had planned on starting FA on Thursday, but we aren't starting it until this situation is resolved...so it will be moved back indefinitely.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    Even though I'm opposed to changing the draft whatsoever, I wouldn't mind taking Dave's idea more extreme. We would need to make it exponential (well sort of, it isnt perfect) though. Say the last place/first pick team gets 600 points. The second pick team gets 550, third gets 500. Fourth, 460, fifth, 410, sixth, 370...15th, 100, 16th, 75....last, 0. Something like that. This way, the guy with the last pick, can move up at a realistical most 5-7 slots if he clearly out does those ahead of him. The middle teams can move into the top 10, but not the top 5-7. The top 5 can rarely shuffle around but can change 1 or 2 slots. I can make a chart more detailed and include all the teams and slots, but I just want to see if this is something worth doing first.
    Right... I think that is where the thought into the points buffer or movement limitations come in... while I would love to be able to go from the 28th pick or so to the first, it is not something that is fair.... but if I can go from 28 to about 23, because of my activity, I don't think that is such a big deal... and if those above me are just as active, I won't be moving up anyway.....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast