Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (02/20)

Yeah, the Astros wear pinstripes too. ++++

Alright guys, time to tally up the scores and see who goes home.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

In first place is Bip with 27...second is Dry with 24.

That leaves poor Dam..you are the weakest link. Last words?

MLB ERA
    I can still go look at the real trophy!
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Alright, we'll take our last commercial break, and will return with the climax of the show.

Showdown time...two men enter, one man leaves one step closer to world domination!

First up, the all-star game. Not the NBA in particular, but NFL and MLB as well. Is it really worth it? Does anyone care anymore? The athletes sure dont. Should sports do away with all-star games? Around the Horn to Dry.

MLB ERA
    The All Star Games all suck. The real fun now is in something like the world baseball classic. The MLB allstar game is worse then pointless because now they made it worth something. I've never liked the allstar game festivities in any sports, NFL, MLB, or NBA, except where the rookies and prospects get to showcase their talent. I live to see the young kids playing every game like it matters, but I'm through with watching idiots like Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa grumbling that they have to show up. I feel they should only let players under a certain age in the games, to display younger talents, not to mention this would hype all their young stars. But in general, im done with the all star games.

Bip, what say you?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Dry, you are missing the point. The All-Star games are to celebrate the athletes in their accomplishments and let the fans enjoy the athleticism. The all-star wasn't brought about as a competition...but merely entertainment. The only mistake that the all-star game makes is in altering the rules from the version that the fans like. (I.E. no blitzes in the pro bowl, an understood no defense policy in the NBA all-star game and, or a tie in the MLB all star game). All in all, the all-star game is great simply for the fact that it gets all of the worlds best players, of that sport, on the playing field at the same time. For all the fans perspective that is something that doesn't happen near enough.

Bip, you're right in idea, but in reality, most stars dont show up. Just look at the "Third String" Pro Bowl.

Point to Dry.

Next up, the Super Bowl. Some people hated it, others didn't hate it as much, and Steeler fans loved it. What'd you think, Bip?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Frankly I thought it was terrible. I am a huge sports freak when it comes to big events like this. All I can tell you is I was amped up when the kickoff was going and by the end of the first commercial break I was sleeping....literally. I woke up at halftime in time to see the Rolling Stones, and I thought I had been transported to the 1980's. In GENERAL, the commercials were terrible, the football was not great, and the halftime show was worse. Nevertheless, congrats to Steel-town

Dry, what say you?

MLB ERA
    'Jerome Bettis from Detroit'. Ughh this Super Bowl disgusted me. Although the play was subpar, I was still very interested in seeing the Seahawks prove everyone wrong. Too bad that the refs wanted to royally screw the 'Hawks. It got to the point where I felt like I was watching a game of Madden. Quite frankly, the fact the Jerome Bettis story was guiding the Superbowl is nothing shy of pathetic. The Chapionship games/series are always terrible when they need to be hyped up by an event (see Subway Series ca. 2000). The best championships are not made by exterior events, but by the athletes performing. Or, more eloquently: Athletes make the stories, the stories don't make the athletes.

Yeah, well Jerome Bettis gives Bipster a point.

Finally, who is THE hottest female player/competitor in any sport, tennis not included? Pics please. Dry, you have the honor.

MLB ERA

It's obviously Jenny Finch

Quite possibly.

Bip?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast