Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pardon the Interruption (7/31)

Now for the second part of Five Good Minutes, Wilbon joins us to talk about the trading deadline. Wilbon, any deals you thought were going to happen for sure, but did not?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Hello everybody, I am down here in the Virgin Islands following the Ashlee Simpson tour around. Tony, I was thinking last night that you are exactly one chia pet short of a full hair do. Maybe you should travel to the nearest Wal-Mart and pick one up so you can finish that head off with some hair.....

To answer your question, yes.....I am absolutely surprised by the fact that the Reds didn't make a couple of trades. One, they had a real opportunity to rid themselves of that 7 million dollar contract of Sean Caseys. It would have given them a real chance to move one of their OF's (Dunn) to first base. I was also surprised that they didn't trade Rich Aurilia, who has proven that he is still a capable hitter.

And a capable whiner at that. Did you really expect Casey gone though? I sure as hell did not. Back to Crow, for a counterargument.

Rookie ERA
    When did the Jets become a powerhouse team? WillChad Pennington even be healthy that far into the season?

The Pats** have lost both coordinators and the heart of their defense. There's no way that they don't take a step or two back this season. I look for an upset in Week 1. Oakland by 3.

The Chargers, Chiefs, and Browncos don't have the defense to hold Oakland under 30 points. Offensively, they should all be good...although the Chargers still have to prove they weren't a 1 hit wonder. The Chiefs are painfully old on offense and may fall apart at any time. As for Denver, so long as jake Plummer is under center, they'll always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Oakland could very well take this division.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

Thanks Crow, even though I disagree. We wish the Raiders a successful season.

Rookie ERA
    Hey, it's been fun...if uncoordinated. See you guys in Foxboro.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

Chao Crow.

Back to Woody, who has fallen asleep.

MLB ERA
    *Snore Snore* Huh what I did not, I was um resting my eyes...

I agree, with Wilbon. Infact I'll drop you off on the way to the airport and you can get a couple for Wilbon while your there.

I also agree with Wilbon that the Reds should have been able to get more done. David Weathers and Kent Mercker are both 35+ aging relievers whos trade value will never be higher or in more demand as teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Braves, Marlins, and others were in need of some pen help.

Also I am not surprised that Aurilia did not get traded, he killed any chance of that when he complained about not starting, how many teams with legitimate chances is gonna start a guy hitting .268 and .220 against teams with GOOD staffs.

I thought for sure Griffey or Casey were gonners. If teams were coming for Griffey I would have given him a chance to go to a contender and play for the ring, cause the reds are still a good ways out from being contenders. Plus either would have given the Reds the flexibility along with other moves (getting Graves contract off the books) to sign Adam Dunn to a Long Term Contract.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

I was surprised to not see Aurillia going to the Nats. I thought Christian Guzman's 500th 0-for-4 night would seal his fate.

Well, that about does it for the second segment of 5 Good Minutes. Thanks for joining us Wilbon. Will you be back Tuesday? Statboy misses you.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Gotta go folks, Ashlee is coming back from a break and I can't miss this one

Happy time now, guys.

Happy 30th Birthday to my colleague Mike Wilbon (Bipster) who is currently in a drunken stupor at an Ashee Simpson concert.

MLB ERA
    Happy B'Day Wilbon, have fun on the road.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Happy Trails to Todd Helton, You have been assigned to the Siberia of the Baseball world and now you've been put on the 15 day DL with a strained calf retro July 26..

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Happy trails Buddy Groom. The Yankees designated you for assignment, and you lashed out at Torre, saying "I wouldn't encourage anybody else to come here thinking you are going to get an opportunity because unless you are one of Joe's boys you are not going to get much of a shot; unless you are one of his three guys," Groom told the Post. "The same thing happened to me in Baltimore [last year]. I went 15 days [without pitching] and [Torre] is where [Oriole manager Lee] Mazzilli learned it." The D-backs acquired Groom.

*Buzzer*

That's going to do it for tonight, folks. For Mike Wilbon, Woody Paige, Crow, I'm Tony Kornheiser. PTI reairs on ESPNews in 30 minuutes; SportsCenter is next.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123