Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn! (First Three Episodes)

Rookie ERA
    Buehrle would be my winner from the AL. He is 11-3 with a 2.58 ERA. He has been outstanding and continues his 6 IP streak and plus, he is on the leauges best team. From the NL it would be Roger Clemens. He is 7-4 with a 1.47 ERA. Roger also has 113Ks and 36 BBs. He has been absolutley amazing for the Stros.

++++

Cincy?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I am going with Roy Halladay and Roger Clemens. Neither is on two of the better teams in baseball, but that has nothing to do with their individual performances. Since you like Stats, here are a few: Roy Halladay has a WHIP of under 1.00(less than one walk/hit per IP.... .96 to be exact). He also has a .225 opponents batting average and a 2.41 ERA. Clemens is even more ridiculous... a .95 WHIP, a .189 opponents BAA and a 1.47 ERA. Those two have been crown jewels this year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

+++++ Very nicely done.

Slyder?

MLB ERA
    Season ending today, the American League Cy Young would be Roy Halladay he is 12-4 for Toronto Blue Jays. He this year has had some of the best control in baseball, giving up only 18 base on balls and hitters hitting a measly .225 this year with a slugging of .325 thats Rich Aurilia range there!

In the National League my winner would be Roger Clemens. No matter how old he gets he is still the definition of dominance in baseball. Yes I looked it up. He has an ERA of 1.47 that is a almost a whole run better than ANYONE else in Major League Baseball. The only reason he is 7-4 and not among the leaders is the Astros could hit the ball off a tee when the season began. Now he is getting some run support and the team is charging much like it did last year.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

+++++ Another good argument.

Kingdom?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather choose Roger Clemens for NL, because he constantly amazes me. For a man his age to be that dominant is out of this world. It is hard to pick against him, if only he had the win totals. And that's what will kill him, as Carpenter doubles Clemens' win total while maintaining a sub 3 ERA. He'll win 20 plus, and he's the real ace they lacked against the Red Sox last season. As for the AL, my pick got hurt(Halladay), so my ideal 2nd choice has got to be Mark Buerhle who gets through games faster than StatBoy does on his XBox. You saw what he can do, against even the best, in the allstar game. Garland has already begun fading, and why not? He's done nothing special up to this point in his career, he might just be another James Baldwin.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

+++++-

I don't have an X-Box, I have a PS2.

*BUZZ*

Well, at the end of one round...here is how they stand:

Slyder with 11.

Cincy with 12.

Kingdom with 13.

Guybrush with 11 as well.

Buy or Sell is up...now:

Hockey! Yes, hockey! With the NHL and NHLPA finally agreed tentatively on a deal, which means the NHL will return to North America next year. Buy or sell the fans welcoming hockey back into their homes? Cincy, share your opinion!

MLB ERA
    The key word in the question is fans. Yeah, those who really like hockey a lot will welcome it back. They are fanatical about it. Just talk to Tim Cowlishaw if you need an example. However, those who were just casual fans will probably be pretty angry, just like many were when baseball came back after the Strike in '94. So I buy the fans welcoming it, but not the casual observers.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

+++ and a Tim Cowlishaw + bonus!

Guybrush, take one.

Rookie ERA
    Sell, sell, sell. I must say that I enjoy hockey very much, but the general public today has very little interest in it until the playoffs, which still are fairly underappreciated. People welcoming it back? I doubt it. Some may, just because they miss the sport, but others will steer away. Expect there to be extremely low attendence numbers and tv ratings the first year back.

+++

Sadly, I tend to agree. Kingdom?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm selling for now. I can see the NHL struggling in ways that MLB did to regain a real fan base. It may just take something very exciting to bring back the fans, ala Cal Ripken Jr. becoming the ultimate Iron Man and then what was generated from Big Mac and Sammy Sosa in breaking the record for homeruns. You don't have to look far for something special to happen in the NHL, Syndey Crosby is just itching to get in to be a real icehole and Jerome Iginla is already the star any professional sport needs. As for me, I just answered a hockey question, I must go seek therapy now.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

++++ and + for spelling Iginla right.

Slyder?

MLB ERA
    I cannot sell this fast enough. Those who do not learn from History are bound to repeat it. In 1994 Major League Baseball saw its world come to the breaking point. They were arguably 1a in the American sports spectrum when the Strike came and cancelled a very good potential 2nd half of a season cut short. When they did finally come back to play attendances all over the place were at all time low levels. It wasnt until the HR chase and Ripken's streak that began to win back the fans.

Hockey had the lowest ratings on ESPN because the average American south of about the Mason-Dixon Line doesnt care. Hockey is a northern American and Canada's sport and thats its strongest base, people in the south a lot of place will not grace the hockey rinks for a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG time. Eventually the NHL COULD recover but the short term loss (5-10 years) will be significant in the south.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast