Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Death Toll in Iraq Surpassed 2,000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    The administration must finish what it started.
    How can you say this after implying that it's imperitive that we pull troops out ASAP?

What do you want them to do? Finish the job or pull out?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I thought America went to war cause God told the president to?

Someone please fill me in here.
    USA is a bigger threat than Iraq, Iran, and Korea combined.
    For the love of all that is holy, ATL, please contribute something of any worth in this thread or just don't post in it

MLB ERA
    If I did that (agree with the worst president ever), then I would have to kill myself.

MLB ERA
    I love overwrought teenage hyperbole. It must suck that there are so few enlightened ones out there. At least, not enough to win an election.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    If I did that (agree with the worst president ever), then I would have to kill myself.
    Another empty liberal threat. Thats up there with: "I'll move to Canada!"

MLB ERA
    I'm not asking you agree with anyone, I'm simply asking you to put up a worthwhile counter argument or just shut up.

AAA ERA
    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    --William Jefferson Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"[Saddam] Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

And my personal favorite:

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members .. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
    __________________________________________________ _

Only when there was political capital to be gained from opposition to the war, did these people turn heel. Hind sight is always 20-20, and I have no respect for "Monday Morning Quarterbacks".

Rookie ERA
    What 98 senators or all of them voted for action in Iraq, so no one is really innocent here. You can say what you want about Clinton but he didnt invade Iraq.

Secretary Colin L. Powell press conf Feb 2001

"We had a good discussion, the Foreign Minister and I and the President and I, had a good discussion about the nature of the sanctions -- the fact that the sanctions exist -- not for the purpose of hurting the Iraqi people, but for the purpose of keeping in check Saddam Hussein's ambitions toward developing weapons of mass destruction. We should constantly be reviewing our policies, constantly be looking at those sanctions to make sure that they are directed toward that purpose. That purpose is every bit as important now as it was ten years ago when we began it. And frankly they have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors. So in effect, our policies have strengthened the security of the neighbors of Iraq..."
    Source US state Dept.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    What 98 senators or all of them voted for action in Iraq, so no one is really innocent here. You can say what you want about Clinton but he didnt invade Iraq.
    The point that hmark is trying to get across is that all the neigh-sayor liberals are agreeing with the main reasoning for invading Iraq in the first place.

The only difference between Bush and Clinton is Bush chose to take action, Clinton didn't.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    How can you say this after implying that it's imperitive that we pull troops out ASAP?

What do you want them to do? Finish the job or pull out?
    I didn't imply that we should pull troops out ASAP. If anything, they should've never rushed into war in the first place based on faulty intelligence (kind of like Johnson did with Vietnam), but the administration must finish the job to save face.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    If anything, they should've never rushed into war in the first place based on faulty intelligence.
    That's so easy for you to say after the fact.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    They didn't trust Hans Blix.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    For anyone hell-bent on getting all worked up over the loss of American lives in Iraq, here's something you really need to look at:

==============================

Things that make you think a little:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.
    In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the
    month of January. That's just one American city,
    about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following:

A) FDR led us into World War II.

B) Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost. An average of 112,500 per year.

C) Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost. An average of 18,334 per year.

D) John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

E) Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost. An average of 5,800 per year.

F) Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

G) In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The liberals and democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking and how many needless lives have been lost...

... but ...

* It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

* We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

* It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick

* It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GOOD JOB!
    The Military morale is high

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

Wow someone doesn't know their history. Kennedy did not start Vietnam. Anyone with a brain would know this. Kennedy inherited two wars, one with Cuba and one in Vietnam. Ike had "advisors" in Vietnam way before Kennedy was in office. Thank Nixon for that. Kennedy signed Memorandum 263 which would have brought home 1,000 troops by Christmas of 1963. Johnson overturned that just four days after JFK's death.

FDR attacked Germany who was Japan's allie. Plus Germany was killing millions and millions of people. Not even comparable to Hussein.

Also look at an Operation Northwoods. That will blow your mind.

Also Hussein and Al Qaeda had zero ties and our own govt found that to be true.
    To say it took no time to take Iraq is stating the obvious, Iraq was not ready for a war.

Bush used old intelligence to bring us to war and many, many UN inspectors have come forward and said the same thing. Hussein did not get rid of all chemical weapons in Bush Sr.'s term but those weapons did not have much of a shelf life. Colon Powell went in front of the UN with a vile of anthrax and lied right to their faces.

To say I am for Hussein is just idiotic. To say Bush is doing a good job is idiotic. Does anyone remember 9/11? Has anyone been watching the news since Bush has taken office? Time and time again this man has let this country down and to believe a word out of his mouth now after seeing that he has lied in the past is just crazy. Government has been corrupt since no one can even remember.

I absolutely love how republicans keep trying to bring Clinton into conversations. Nothing has to do with Clinton. Clinton made mistakes but nothing compared to what W. has done. The Bush White House is crumbling but not soon enough. I am afraid it has been 5 years too late. Keep believing in this administration but the rest of us free thinkers will live in the real world.

I love that you say military morale is high because it isn't. They know they are not wanted and they have no idea of when they will return. A recent poll says that close to 80% of Iraqis want us out and 45% do not care if we are blown up. That's scary and boosts no ones morale. And this biased media you are referring to is on the right side, the side of the president (in low case letters). They have backed him since 9/11 and are now starting to catch on that this man has not had a clue since being in office. The only thing good about the hurricanes is that we finally got some of our media back. It amazes me that republicans will back one man over a whole country.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    --William Jefferson Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"[Saddam] Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

And my personal favorite:

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members .. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
    __________________________________________________ _

Only when there was political capital to be gained from opposition to the war, did these people turn heel. Hind sight is always 20-20, and I have no respect for "Monday Morning Quarterbacks".
    And all of those turned out to be bullshit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Did Kennedy invade Cuba in the Bya of Pigs on faulty intelligence? No he did not. I wonder why? Oh yeah because he had half a brain and saved us from WWIII. Unfortunately, that might have got him killed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast