Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrested Development

AA ERA
    There is always Bittorent to get episodes the day after, on the air > not on the air.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here's how Mitch plans to incorporate this news into the show... SPOILERS:

-
    Warning
    You
    Are
    Entering
    Spoiler
    Zone
    -

HYSTERICAL DEVELOPMENT: Leave it to Arrested Development to mine the tragedy of its imminent death for laughs. Per Variety, series creator Mitch Hurwitz is planning an episode that will poke fun at Fox's decision to reduce the show's episode order from 22 to 13, effectively canceling it. In the episode, titled "S.O.B." for "Save Our Bluths," the Bluth clan considers throwing a fund-raiser to save their construction company from shutting down. In one scene, Jason Bateman's Michael notes, "Our backs are against the wall.... It's just hard for me to accept that it's really come to begging." There's even a conversation about whether the Home Builders Organization — HBO — might be willing to come to their rescue. That idea is quickly nixed though, leading George Sr. to say, "I guess it's Showtime. We'll put on some kind of show at the [fund-raiser]." Meanwhile, after reading this item on TVGuide.com, the American public released the following statement: "Huh? I don't get that last joke. I told you this show was dumb."

AA ERA
    Interesting... thanks for sharing!
    I aim to try

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Brian Grazer was interviewed on CNN or something last night. Here's a transcript I found on the FOX AD board:

Transcript of Interview:
    ANDERSON: And from movies to television. As we mentioned, you were behind "Arrested Development," one of the most critically acclaimed TV shows out there, won an Emmy for best comedy. And then, Brian, it gets cancelled. How do you make sense of that?
    GRAZER: I don`t know. It`s -- it`s just the art form itself, maybe. I don`t know. There`s some sort of food chain. But I think we`ll get it picked up by some other network, possibly. You never know.

But going back to your original question, it`s hard to know, you know, how the life of a series or a movie can -- can go. So have hope that it will stay on the air.

ANDERSON: Well, is that in the works, moving to, possibly, another network, another home?

GRAZER: It`s -- yes. It`s in the works. I`m hoping it`s in the works.

ANDERSON: What can you tell us about that?

GRAZER: I can`t tell you anything other than I`m hoping it works out in the way that we want it to. But I`m optimistic, Brooke.

ANDERSON: Well, I didn`t mean to put you on the spot there.

GRAZER: That`s OK.
    Yet again more hope that our beloved Bluths could stay on the air.

AA ERA
    Gosh I hope so. These last episodes are hard to watch and think about how close we might be to the end. Tonight had some great parts... all the hers and hims. The whole bunk thing lol. Happiest moment he will ever have.
    I aim to try

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Zito (+rep), any news is good news. But ABC? I am surprised, their like the kings of the generic family sitcom, I really don't know how that would do on their network.

I am telling you, put it on NBC with one of My Name Is Earl, The Office, or Scrubs and you could get a decent hour of ratings (only if advertise the hell out of it like they did with Earl and do some kind of 'Meet The Bluths' show to introduce new viewers to the plotlines.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ABC is making strides. But they have a history of cancelling quality comedy prematurely. So it's kinda ironic that they'd persue AD.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    ABC is very meh. The only program I like is Lost. Like mission said, NBC is running things.

Both My Name Is Earl and The Office were nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Comedy.

AA ERA
    If it's on TV I'm happy. Every time we get one more episode is enough for me.
    I aim to try

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123