Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

AA ERA
    That double episode last night was great.... I loved the scared straight part... "Is there a cover charge?" LOL!
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Pwned.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    FOX fails again. Arrested Development has been one of the most critically acclaimed shows on TV but could never find an audience. So what they do is move to Mondays at 8 PM. A new night and a struggling show as a leadin to the hour... that's smart. Oh wait, and then fail to advertise it heavily unless it's the day the show is airing. Way to be FOX.

Even though this never happens, if the show got picked up by either NBC (to show on Tuesday nights) or HBO that would be fantastic.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    a show being dropped by one network to be picked up by another has happened before, not that long ago actually

but, the thing is, it can get all the nice reviews in the world for media types, but does the average joe want to watch it? that's going to be the biggest issue.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It will never be a show to get top ratings but with proper advertising, it could hold it's own. Many AD fans have been upset this season with the increase in the slapstick humor and the decrease of the subtle humor and references. The writers didn't do that for the solid core of fans but to get new viewers into the show. Sadly FOX didn't promote nearly enough. House is a popular show and likely all the people that watch it will be watching it next week whether there are more or less ads.... advertising less when something is down and more when it's doing well (in business or in this case TV shows) has always seemed reversed to me.

As much as I would like NBC to pick it up though, I think HBO could really dig it. Given how much they like to bank on DVD sales and such.

MLB ERA
    Why would you put it on the same day as MNF? FOX is buggin.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    football doesn't exactly bring in great ratings anymore, plus the matchups mostly suck
    Ted

MLB ERA
    uh, football is still the #1 sport in america. right?

for the young male demographic in America, MNF is still king.

AA ERA
    This sucks. Oh well, it's been a great run. If they go to another network great, if not I'll cherish my 3 seasons of DVDs and pray for an AD movie!
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There is some good news to all of this, if it is over, we were lucky enough that it was on as long as it was. Also because FOX is allowing it enough time to wrap up this season and any stories that they feel the need to complete (although I suspect FOX is doing this largely due to being able to sell a season 3 DVD better). It could of just been a cut and dry cancel. Mitch Hurwitz has said if the show was cancelled in the past, he would shop it around. And even though it's rare for a show to get picked up by another network, it's not often a show like AD leaves the air other than by their own choice.

Two other quick mentions:
    1. Nielsen Ratings can go to hell.
    2. Rumor has it that Best Buy will have AD season 1 and 2 for $15 each on Black Friday, so buy them if you haven't yet. If I hear otherwise though, I'll let you guys know.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Writers from various sources have already written their emotions on how upset/angry they are in regards to the demise of AD. But I have read one interesting piece, rumor is Showtime has interest in bringing the show to their network. Showtime has been trying to step up their programming for quite some time and it would make sense to bring a critically acclaimed show to possibly show with Weeds.

There is hope.

MLB ERA
    I don't even got Showtime. I hope that doesn't happen.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    NBC is optimal from my perspective. But I'll take it on any network that wouldn't mess with the format.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast