Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaah! It hurts!

I began hitting on the nurse and I shouted "Go Braves" although it sounded more like Lebba Weebaba.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Last time I had a check up, they saw one of my wisdom teeth had done a back flip and was actually growing down into my jaw. She said that they seem ok for now and I probably won't have any trouble with them until I get close to 40, but the one that flipped over would have to be removed by a general surgeon because its too close to a major nerve.

It kind of freaked me out. I hope they stay down for a looooooooooong time.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    When I had braces, they did x-rays and said I had no wisdom teeth...that none will grow in because I don't have any. I've yet to meet someone else to say the same thing.

Rookie ERA
    I just had a wisdom tooth cut through last week. I moaned like a wuss for 2 or 3 days with that. Tried 3 different kinds of painkillers, alcohol,...

Aspirin kicked it's ass. 2 aspirin took the pain away and actually allowed me to sleep, unlike the Lortab that just made me feel a little floaty.

Only problem is that if I screwed up and chewed on that side or even bumped the teeth on that side, I'd have to dive for the aspirin again.

Pain is more or less gone now, thank the god of your choice for that. I can finally enjoy my Runts again.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I didn't feel anything. I was medicated...

don't even remember much about the day I even got them pulled o_O
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I know how you feel, General. I had my wisdom teeth pulled last year and a word of advice: GET ALL OF THEM PULLED! It's not going to do you any good to have two out of four or five pulled. Better off getting them all yanked. The first two days are a *****, and then your face looks like a chipmunk. Full recovery, for me, took two weeks.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i was knocked out with general anesthesia and had three of mine removed surgically. the 4th one has never formed. I was puking up blood all the rest of the day.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I had all 4 removed. I was so drugged up i spent most of the 1st day sleeping with no pain. the vallium that was given to me knocked me out to the point i didnt know what happened between the time i got into the car to the time i was in McDonalds Drive Thru getting a shake.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I'm getting the other 2 removed soon...still trying to eat something not called Ensure.

Holy shit..

I'm scared.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    I'm getting the other 2 removed soon...still trying to eat something not called Ensure.
    it does suck.

i took my ACT's the day after getting my wisdom teeth removed. i was completely knocked up on meds that day. somehow i still got a 26 on em.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    When I had braces, they did x-rays and said I had no wisdom teeth...that none will grow in because I don't have any. I've yet to meet someone else to say the same thing.

Well, I guess I'm your first. I got x-rayed by the dentist and told I have no wisdom teeth. It's genetics in my family, my mom doesn't have any, and my grandparents didn't have any, etc. etc.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i got xrayed (at 17) and a 4th one wasnt formed at that time. and never was going to form.

**** you, plutonium-eating mutants.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Well, I guess I'm your first. I got x-rayed by the dentist and told I have no wisdom teeth. It's genetics in my family, my mom doesn't have any, and my grandparents didn't have any, etc. etc.
    cool...it's very lucky for both of us. I know both my parents had their wisdom teeth taken out and so did my sister. My dad actually didn't believe me when I told him what the dentist said. I guess it's not that common.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast