Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fact: McCain is all but guaranteed to win the presidency now

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Fact: McCain is all but guaranteed to win the presidency now

[QUOTE]

Opposition to American military presence on Saudi soil<B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Dammit, I can't seem to paste what I want.

Read this!

U.S. Arms Clients Profiles--SAUDI ARABIA

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes I have done my homework bud! The underlined statement is true but exaggerated on the number maybe. Liberating Iraq was not our main goal until after we invaded it and found no weapons of mass destruction and did find Saddam. Its very believeable since that is how things went. The bold statements are true. Americans promised to leave Saudi Arabia after the first Gulf War. Yes Saddam knew how to keep that country together. Need proof? Look at the current status of Iraq now that he is gone. We put him in power and he keep the Sunnis and Shiites at peace for the most part. Now he is gone and Sunni and Shiites are in a civil war which we are helping. He was a horrible man but there are tons of them. Just so happens this particular mad man had oil. The same oil that Rumsfeld said would pay for this war. More false intelligence. Shameful is invading this country in the first place with false intelligence, no clue as to the history of the region and more importantly no exit strategy.
    You keep posting opinion and not fact. Show me a link! Where does it say we were to leave Saudi after the war? Your arguments are unreasonable and I am now wasting time. I wish you well in your quest to fix the world through speculation. Unless you were on the diplomatic team that made the agreement with King Faud... You need to link me a credible source to get a response.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Yes I have done my homework bud! The underlined statement is true but exaggerated on the number maybe. Liberating Iraq was not our main goal until after we invaded it and found no weapons of mass destruction and did find Saddam. [Link?]Its very believeable since that is how things went. The bold statements are true. Americans promised to leave Saudi Arabia after the first Gulf War. [Link?] Yes Saddam knew how to keep that country together. Need proof? Look at the current status of Iraq now that he is gone. We put him in power and he keep the Sunnis and Shiites at peace for the most part. [Through genocide. Do I need to give you a link?] Now he is gone and Sunni and Shiites are in a civil war which we are helping. [Are not Sunni and Shiite and Kurd all holding top positions in the new Govt?] He was a horrible man but there are tons of them. Just so happens this particular mad man had oil. The same oil that Rumsfeld said would pay for this war. More false intelligence. Shameful is invading this country in the first place with false intelligence, no clue as to the history of the region and more importantly no exit strategy. [Do you have access to all the information that the President did when he made this decision? None of us do]
    Speculation...

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

[QUOTE]

Opposition to American military presence on Saudi soil<B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Dammit, lemme try w/o the quotes...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

LOL at speculation!!
    Operation Desert Shield from August 1990, preparing for the Gulf War, the United States sent a troop contingent to Saudi Arabia promising to remove them once the war ended. After the war, the troops remained, helping secure the country.

Osama bin Laden began calling for the withdrawal of the troops, stating that the US was occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of its territories as a reference to the Muslim holy cities of Mecca and Medina, homes of Muhammad. The U.S. rejected the characterization of its presence as an "occupation," noting that the government of Saudi Arabia consented to the presence of troops. Many in the U.S., the Arab world and elsewhere saw the presence of U.S. troops as supporting the House of Saud, the rule of which is controversial.
    Wow! Since they have people in the goverment, there is no civil war!! Wait, nope. Not even close. They are fighting amongst themselves in a way they never did before. We are policing a civil war and paying them not to fight. Yes, you and I are paying terrorist not to fight while we are there.
    As far as you not remembering your history as to why Bush first said why we were invading Iraq, that's on you. Short term memories are supposed to be for stoners like me.

Did I have access to the old and false intelligence that Bush had when he made his ill-advised invasion of Iraq? Of course not but that information has come out since and everything he said has not been true whatsoever. First it was because Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, then it was because they were linked to 9/11, then it was because Saddam was a bad man and then it was to liberate Iraqi people. Everything has blown up in their face due to ignorance. U.S. is just now getting troops out of Saudi Arabia.

I now am wasting my time on people who can't remember what happened even five years ago. They had no plans to get out of Iraq and were wrong on every aspect of this war. Oil is going to pay for it all, we will only be there 6 months, we will be greeted as liberators, Saddam was linked to 9/11, etc, etc, etc. My arguments are extremely reasonable and true and backed by knowledge. You keep saying its opinion when it isn't.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

LOL at speculation!!

Wow! Since they have people in the goverment, there is no civil war!! Wait, nope. Not even close. They are fighting amongst themselves in a way they never did before. We are policing a civil war and paying them not to fight. Yes, you and I are paying terrorist not to fight while we are there.
    As far as you not remembering your history as to why Bush first said why we were invading Iraq, that's on you. Short term memories are supposed to be for stoners like me.

Did I have access to the old and false intelligence that Bush had when he made his ill-advised invasion of Iraq? Of course not but that information has come out since and everything he said has not been true whatsoever. First it was because Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, then it was because they were linked to 9/11, then it was because Saddam was a bad man and then it was to liberate Iraqi people. Everything has blown up in their face due to ignorance. U.S. is just now getting troops out of Saudi Arabia.

I now am wasting my time on people who can't remember what happened even five years ago. They had no plans to get out of Iraq and were wrong on every aspect of this war. Oil is going to pay for it all, we will only be there 6 months, we will be greeted as liberators, Saddam was linked to 9/11, etc, etc, etc. My arguments are extremely reasonable and true and backed by knowledge. You keep saying its opinion when it isn't.
    I am not going to respond to your opinion. You quoted ??? I gave you a link to the Federation of American Scientists that has it's sources listed at the bottom. I think your perception is likely based on opinion pieces in some major newspapers or news channels. Let me ask you something... Where were you when Saddam invaded Kuwait? How old were you?

You believe what you want to believe... You enjoy the right to believe what you want to believe, because American soldiers have died to insure you have that right.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    You're talking about party politics in the U.S. over 200 years ago, a time when one of our vice presidents murdered his political rival.
    You dont think the same shit would happen again? I maybe a bit of a conspiracy theorist but you put McCain and Obama (for example) on the same ticket theres going to be the nuts out there trying to off one or another and get the one they agree with in.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

The Raining McCain video cracks me up for so many reasons.

As a side note on the real politics, if Clinton gets the nom and I do vote...it will be for McCain even though I disagree with him on so much. She's the most odious presidential candidate I have ever seen.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345