Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: America needs a Republican Congress

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    hey why are the libs so dead-set against it? Because it might infringe on your civil rights!? Phfttt. Sorry. Keep your fuggin' nose clean and you have a lot less to worry about, don't you?
    Becuase maybe we are spending money on shity that doesn't work?
    and to say Richard Clark has no political agenda, is ludicrous
    Yes because we all know he is running for something. LOL He actually wants to help the cause.

Oh, and the same intelligence Bush used in order to invade Iraq because it was thought there were WMD's there was backed by Kerry, until it became convenient for him to say it was a mistake to go there.

Of course we know Kerry uses flip-flops more than someone on a hot, sandy beach all day.
    Yes and so did just about everyone else. Sorry if I respect a man that can change his mind when things turn out to be BULLSHIT. Its better than "satying the course". Isn't it funny how Bush says that he never said "stay the course". Who's flip flopping now?

Go talk to egoc on The NFL Forums. Actually, there are a handful of people that want immediate withdrawal over there.
    I am talking about people in power, not football fans. Republicans have become so desperate that they are now saying that Democrats are rooting for a failure in Iraq. I think its too late for that but for them to say that Dem. want more soldiers to die is ****ing wrong. This campaign season has been the worst ever as the Republicans and Democrats have not talked about the issues. If the Democrats say the Republicans have done wrong, the Republicans bring up Clinton (for what reason I will never know since he has been out of power for quite a while). If the Republicans come after the Democrats, they turn into pussies and give what the public wants to hear. No one takes responsibility anymore. Bush is the biggest offender of that.

The government is now trying to censor the soldiers blogs because these guys are trying to get the actual truth out there. Where's the freedom? And Diamond Dave, anything you say doesn't take away the fact that Cheney and the rest of Bush's advisors told him not to take Saddam out of power.

MLB ERA
    So now the Dem's want to TRUST Cheney's advise... OK... we'll remember that
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    It's one thing to say you THINK the move ENDED UP being wrong, but modus operandi for Kerry is to act as though it was a dumb decision to BEGIN with.

So says the guy who supported the decision to begin with himself...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    This explains quite well why America needs a Republican Congress:

The Ant & The Grasshopper

"OLD VERSION":

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

"MODERN VERSION":

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food .

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green"

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper' s sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share."

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill "no pants" Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Vote Republican!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    So now the Dem's want to TRUST Cheney's advise... OK... we'll remember that
    Where did you pull this out of your ass? Where did Democrats come from? W. should have listen to daddy, that's all. He ****ed up and ****ed this country plain and simple. To think otherwise is false. Why couldn't Gore have won? Wait he did, sort of. Aw **** it!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sorry to try and explain this to you about increasing taxes but SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR BUSH'S MISTAKES AND THAT HAS TO BE US. Who else is going to do it? We owe everyone money. Remember the first George Bush saying "no new taxes"? Well guess what, Reagan ****ed us so bad that Bush had to raise taxes. Bush has doubled the debt since being in office and we have to pay for it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    I have about 5 messages on my phone each day when I get home from work. I'd say about 60-40 so far from Republican candidates.
    Im in WV and it was pretty much 50/50 (Mom and 1 sis register Dem, me, my dad, my bro, and other sis register Rep) and poured it on thick. I dont think there was a race we didnt get at least 1 call about from each side.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Looks like the Democrats prevailed restoring some of my faith in America. The people voting Bush in for two terms killed most of it. I usually go by the opposite of what the majority of America thinks so I don't know what to make of this. It couldn't get any worse.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Looks like the Democrats prevailed restoring some of my faith in America. The people voting Bush in for two terms killed most of it. I usually go by the opposite of what the majority of America thinks so I don't know what to make of this. It couldn't get any worse.
    Jelly Fish all around in DC... Great...

Yes Im disgusted by all politicians.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    you think the democratic leadership really cares about you? I didnt really expect the republican leadership to really care about me all that much. both parties are the same in that regard.

expect more taxes, more regulations and all that fun stuff with people like pelosi in charge.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Do any politicians really care? No, but they seem to care more about this country than Reps. Of course we are going to have to pay more in taxes thanks to the Reps. More regulations on safety and the environment we be welcomed with open arms. I cannot imagine the Democrats doing a worse job than the Reps. Maybe now the soldiers will get the money,armor and weapons they need so we can get the **** out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    We will NEVER be out because the Iraqis either refuse to defend their own country or they are too lazy to do so. Either way, they don't want to learn what it takes to defend their country.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I agree, Middle Easterners are lazy and cowardly folk.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    We will NEVER be out because the Iraqis either refuse to defend their own country or they are too lazy to do so. Either way, they don't want to learn what it takes to defend their country.
    WOW and wow. Myabe its becuase we ****ed their whole world up over there. There is a civil war going on, no electricity and contractors are beginning to pull out. Also, they didn't have a strong military to begin with. They didn't ask for this war.

MLB ERA
    We'll never be totally out of Iraq. We have ALWAYS had an ongoing presence in any country we have defeated. Germany, Japan, etc.... whether that be a large or small military base.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast