You make too many 'wtf' threads.

MLB ERA
    Radio is gay.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Optimist
    Jim Rome smackoff, i'm listening to the streaming. Best day in radio
    Didn't know the smackoff was on Friday. Who won, and at the end of most daily calls, the callers say "War..whatever." What's the background on the "war" reference?

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    You make too many 'wtf' threads.
    What?

The Cablinasion won, i'm not sure how the 'war' started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Optimist
    What?
    Exactly.

Because I have no clue 'wtf' your talking about.

the jim Rome show, on the radio. They have a 'smackoff' once a year where the best callers call in and talk smack about sports other people that call in etc. It's really funny

Awww man, I missed the smack-off. Stupid FoxSports in Dallas went to Top 40 (Yeah, great idea - Top 40 radio on the AM dial) so I've been going without Rome for quite some time.

Is the streaming free or do you have to subscribe?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The last time that I've listened regularly to Rome, John from C-town was the guy the clones loved to hate, and one clone sent a tape with a mix of supposedly John's voice and sayings, although Rome pointed out that John never said "Because of me, we had the best tour stop (which led to e-mails such as "Because of me, John Cooper was fired.")." I still don't get the references to "war furball" and "lunch with the monkey" in that tape.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    The last time that I've listened regularly to Rome, John from C-town was the guy the clones loved to hate, and one clone sent a tape with a mix of supposedly John's voice and sayings, although Rome pointed out that John never said "Because of me, we had the best tour stop (which led to e-mails such as "Because of me, John Cooper was fired.")." I still don't get the references to "war furball" and "lunch with the monkey" in that tape.
    "Monkey" is the director for the local radio station, i.e. if you write or call your local radio station asking for him to syndicate Rome you're "Banging your Monkey"

War is a term for praise, by saying War Dallas you're giving props to Dallas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    You can actually get the Smackoff for free streaming for this week, everything else costs money though. I love from like the '01 or something I think willie in KC had that song about the cablinasion "cablinasion the friendly ghost the friendliest ghost you know, horribly bright pasty white, cablinasion the friendly ghoooost"

http://livewithmom.com/

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's freakin hilarious when they still play that Niemes song about MJ or that time they kept playing John Daly's song.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    "Monkey" is the director for the local radio station, i.e. if you write or call your local radio station asking for him to syndicate Rome you're "Banging your Monkey"

War is a term for praise, by saying War Dallas you're giving props to Dallas, etc.
    Taylor, you wouldn't happen to have any of the old smackoffs that you could give me would you?

It's funny. JT the Brick won the smackoff and was a regular caller to the Jungle earlier, and he has pretty much the exact opposite show as Rome. Rome never takes calls and thats all JT does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast