Thread: Microsoft Access

MLB ERA

Microsoft Access

Is anyone good with Access? I am looking to put together a database all my card collection.

Also, where is a good place to find out the worth of baseball cards?

Does anyone have a database that they use?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

i used to use beckett but i haven't got one in a very long time

MLB ERA
    If you sign up at beckett.com there is a way to more or less get free pricing. You can add a bunch of cards at once but it will only give you a total worth of all the cards. You would need to add them to your beckett collection one at a time to figure out single card values.

If you have any questions about it please PM me. I would be happy to help.

I can't do anything for in Access though. I took a database design class that was nothing but Access and I hated it.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    access sucks ass but is pretty easy once you get it down. i had to cataloge audits and such for my dads work (over 200 boxes) and once i got it down its was pretty easy.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Dude Beckett has this free area where you enter in cards, you don't need to sign up. Also, I would do that too, but last count I have over 15,000 cards...

MLB ERA
    I know they used to have free single card pricing but I heard they got rid of that a while back, and I haven't seen it on their site.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

i would just buy the magazine.. it would be much quicker too. Any reason why you want to use Access over Excel? A simple spreadsheet program would seem to be easier and do just as well.

MLB ERA
    Excel would work too, if you know how to use it properly. You can make plenty of db-type charts, but it's still not the same thing as a DB.

Personally, I'd suggest go looking on the net for a card-collectors database. Would be better than trying to learn how to use access.

MLB ERA
    I do not know how to work acces, but as figureing out how much your cars arr worth, try e-bay or buy baseaball cars books, or maybe even go to etops.com

MLB ERA
    I guess I will think of something. I tired to find a database program online but I didn't find anything that was free. I guess I'll have to think of something.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."