Page 56 of 121 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Strike Three's Random Insanity Thread

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It is ever so tempting to skip class here and there (and if you lived where the weather wasn't so pleasant like myself, even more so.) Don't worry about it man, my grades in my first year were below my high school norms (c's and b's like you) but I got it together and was back to my usual type of line for this year. Some go through the sophomore slump, I like to think mine just came early.

The vid on INTERNET, I know I've seen before, but man is that amusing. I love it when the guy is talking about the lack of offensive discussion and insults. Obviously he hasn't heard 15 year old suburban white kids playing Halo 2 like my brother. Ha.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to have to take one of my classes again since I didn't maintain at least a C. Who knew child psychopathology could be so bitterly difficult? ****in' kids!

I'm shaping up for an A, B, B for the other classes.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    So you got graduation and all that fun stuff coming up, huh? Good luck with the exam (getting some sleep wouldn't hurt either .)
    Graduation sounds fun. However, for everytime I hear the "P-word" (Short for promotion) or anything regarding that, I threaten to hurt someone or something, or at least punch a pillow. Man, if there's one thing I don't like about my school more than anything else, it's the obsession.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    It is ever so tempting to skip class here and there (and if you lived where the weather wasn't so pleasant like myself, even more so.)
    Hah, I have to start going to every class, and it's going to get even harder, two of my classes next semester are going to be off campus since I go to the 16th largest school in the country and they seem to let just about everyone in to take all the good classes.

Time to sleep, that sounds nice.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I haven't skipped a class in ages. Interpersonal Relations is one of those courses that I'd like to skip, but I can't. 60% of the course is actually showing up to class and that's 25% of my final right there.

God, I can't wait for a month off. Few more weeks to go.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Charles Barkley, even if he fails horribly, is the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=RN_YknAryS0

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Hey DK, do you read it for the articles or the pictorials???
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Haha, SI must hate Matty Leinart and Nick Lachey. Click 'Save As' and see what comes up.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    After 12 Years, College Student Wants More
    29-Year-Old Has 100 More Credits Than Needed To Graduate

POSTED: 10:31 am EDT May 11, 2006
    UPDATED: 11:15 am EDT May 11, 2006

WHITEWATER, Wis. -- Despite his 12 years as an undergraduate student, Johnny Lechner realized something was missing from his academic record: he'd never studied abroad.

And so, the 29-year-old perpetual student who was expected to finally graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater withdrew his application for graduation Monday, five days before commencement.

"I realized that if I went one more year, I could study abroad," Lechner said. "That's one thing I haven't done."

Lechner's extended academic career has made him a celebrity of sorts. His never-ending student life has been featured in newspapers and on network television shows, not to mention campus publications across the nation.

By this spring he had completed 234 college credits, or about 100 more than needed to graduate, and was taking seven more.

That qualified him for the so-called "slacker tax," instituted this school year by the UW Board of Regents to help cover the state subsidy for students who stay long past the usual four of five years to earn an undergraduate degree.

It calls for students who exceed 165 total credit hours or 30 more than their degree programs require - whichever is higher - to pay double tuition.

Lechner said he didn't start out to be a long-term student, but it just developed once he realized how much fun he was having at college.

Had he graduated, he would have earned a liberal studies degree in education, communications, theater, health and women's studies.

Michelle Eigenberger, an editor at The Royal Purple, said Lechner may have achieved celebrity status, but most students are tired of it.

"It's getting old," she said. "For the sanity of the rest of the campus, we want him to get out of here."

Women's studies.

What a sexist and useless course.

Lets take "Male Dominance In Society" and toss it in the mix. Why not?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...age=2&t=t&f=bp

Heh, at least he's a good sport about it...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Women's studies.

What a sexist and useless course.
    How dare you. If you are insinuating that a bunch of pissed of lesbians sitting around swilling diet rite while double fisting cheetos and popcorn and *****ing about men non-stop as "useless" or "sexist", the I must call you out on it. This is a VERY important class and if we could get some men to take more interest in women's studies, a course like this wouldn't be necessary.

General, you are a pig! An insensitive, chauvinistic pig!!!