Thread: Ammy Draft Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ammy Draft Thread

If anyone can get the offical list. We should try and start now.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    sd 44
    texas 56
    nym 60
    atl 61
    ari 64
    tor 71
    tampa 71
    cle 71
    sea 72
    det 74
    sf 76
    cincy 76
    hou 76
    mil 77
    cws 79
    balt 83
    kc 86
    fla 86
    nyy 90
    chc 90
    pit 90
    st lou 92
    oak 92
    philly 95
    ana 95
    colorado 96
    wash 98
    minn 99
    boston 100
    la 110

According to wins, San Diego is on the clock.

Zeppellin, feel free to select.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

AAA ERA
    Of course, he doesnt show up for three days.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003
    Of course, he doesnt show up for three days.
    He left on a trip earlier in the week, and was unaware of the draft taking place tommorrow. I'm not 100% on this, but I'm fairly sure he wanted Shires.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    give it to him ! shires was #2 on my list, but hes number 1 on ootps list, so he cant complain, it couldnt be much different than an auto choice. im not a big fan of ootps #1 hitter in comparison to others anyway.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Shires has informed San Diego that he does not want to play for them.

MLB ERA
    I'll save the Season Ramblings from spam and just post here:

Picking 28th I didnt expect much to be left in quality besides maybe a 3.5 that was listed way too low by OOTP for some reason. I ended up with:

SP Herman Ripley
    18 yrs old, Loyal, Great Groundball percentage reminds me a lot of Dapena and Degroat in my current rotation. Couldnt pass on him at that point, maybe guys with slightly more talent but I liked the overall package the best.

Round 2 Netted me an OF:

RF Moises Gutierrez
    Solid all around OF wont ever be a superstar but should be a very good contributor at the MLB level with his versatility and glove.

Round 3 you cross your fingers and hope for the best:
    2b Leo Varela
    Reminds me of Jose Morales who spent many successful seasons in Minnesota, I was very surprised he was still on the board when I picked. By Rd 3 Im usually just hoping for something that I think I can use for production to be there and he seems like a good fit. Could be very dangerous if he is one of them that gets the "little increase" that the game gives players from time to time.

I left for a tee off time I had and let the inmates run the assylum knowing I felt the draft was very successful with who we drafted thus far.

Round 4:
    SP Carmelo Cabezas
    Great Groundball ratio and duration but already 24, doubt he will be in my plans for anything. May make a fair reliever with that GB ratio and his above average ability to hold runners.

Round 5:
    3b Alfonzo Ramirez
    Ramirez doesn't do anything spectacular but is another that does just about everything "well enough" to hold a bench position in the majors. May get moved around just to see if I cant add to his value with versatility.

Round 6:
    SS Gregory Berkley
    Good Gap hitting ability and decent eye gives me some hope that he will amount to something. Wont ever hit for many HRs (even if he got a talent boost) but if he starts getting more contact he could be a nice spot starter. May also be another I think about moving around to see if he cant build on his value by moving around.

Even the scouts had started to pack it up by now.
    Round 7:
    LF Alejandro Lopez
    Good Stealing ability, decent glove, good eye. Only "plays" LF got a cannon for an arm though. Some potential there.

Round 8:
    2b James Johnson
    Can steal bases, but will have trouble cracking the majors with his current skills. Especially with Tobar, Jackson, and Varela ahead of him by a wide margain. Nearly fully developed and only 21 so he's got a chance. If Lubin blows it.

Round 9:
    MR Abe Alvarez Jr
    You can never have too many batting practice pitchers. He's got a good gb ratio, but only knows 2 pitches and needs some more talent to be more than a AAAA player.

Round 10:
    LF Pio Aguirre
    Hes a 10th round pick. What more do you need?

These guys could help in role positions over time but to be major contributors most of them will need to exceed current talents.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA
    Wow this sucks. I'm gone for a couple days and I come back to a horrible situation. I wind up with a crappy non-NL compatible 1st basemen (mainly because I want more then 5 defense out of the first pick), and the pitcher I was dieing to get in Shires gets to go somewhere else. Well with Zorilla blowing out his arm and San Diego only being left with one real pitching spec San Diego is a very very lost team.

MLB ERA
    the Jays are pleased with their draft

1st round
    1B Jesus "Pain Train" Alvarado 5.0 star spect - a great hitting prospect, the Jays haven't seen one this good since Mickey Ouimet who was drafted 11 seasons ago

2nd round
    SP Samuel Guadalupe 3.5 star spect - heavy on control and movement with groundball at 58% and endurance at 9, won't strikeout much players but won't walk anyone either.

3rd round - bit of a mix up on my part here, at first I wanted C Andrew "stinky" Porto but I completely forgot he was still available at the time but I still like my pick

2B Isidoro Alfaro 2.5 star spect - has almost all the tools to be a good leadoff hitter, gap hitter, fast runner, steals bases, baserunning, bunting, great leader, and good consistency, except his drawbacks is his contact and eye at 5.

4th round
    SP Sheldon Fentress 3.0 star spect - great groundball pitcher at 66%, pitchers will standstill sometimes with only decent movement, 9 endurance

the others can bug off
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin
    Wow this sucks. I'm gone for a couple days and I come back to a horrible situation. I wind up with a crappy non-NL compatible 1st basemen (mainly because I want more then 5 defense out of the first pick), and the pitcher I was dieing to get in Shires gets to go somewhere else. Well with Zorilla blowing out his arm and San Diego only being left with one real pitching spec San Diego is a very very lost team.

There is the idea of trading for pitching.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    I too like my draft.

Richard Fulton is the best pitching prospect Cincy has had since Mike McCullough.

Rico Laureano is a very solid second rounder, a 3.5 star SP, 7-8-6 talents with 10 endurance.

Bill Mowen, 3.5 star reliever with a fist full of pitches. 8-6-7 talents

Gary Battle is a waste of a 4th rounder... Terry Fortuna is going to be a red for 50 years.

S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present