Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

Re: A big warm thank you to everyone who wrote off the Yankees

I'm not a fairweather fan either!

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Who the **** cares that anyone on this forum is calling you a fare weather fan?

He's a Giants fan. The highlight of his season has been watching the Bonds chase no one cares about and predicting how far each of Barry Zito's gopher balls will go. Just revel in the fact that we're playing meaningful baseball.
    Save Phil Hughes

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

New York kids sure picked a right time to step away from their fantasy baseball teams for a moment and jump back onto the Yankees bandwagon.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Then you will understand my point to all of this. When Boston had a 14.5 game lead where was the fans at? The only two I remember seeing here was nyjunc and browntown.
    You are an idiot. I'm on this forum everyday, and I talk about the Yankees everyday. You are the imbecile here if you think myself and hammer weren't either involved or at least reading every item in that forum. And we still do, even though half of them are stupid articles posted.

As far as fair weather Yankee fans, there are a fair few, but with a fanbase of however many hundreds of millions of fans we have, we have as many diehards as any team. I sit with them at Yankee Stadium...I talk to them. And my seats aren't in the bleachers, where the same nuts from the late '70's and late '60's still sit.

Maybe the supposed "kids" are fairweather fans, but I went to games when we were way back, and the fans were still going nuts. Almost every game I went to was a damned sellout, and I went to a bunch where we were way way back. You can't handicap our fanbase based off of this forum anyway, and if you try to, you deserve to wallow in the cellar, like the team you root for.

AA ERA

Who was it who was arguing with me about Betemit vs. Phillips?
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    You are an idiot. I'm on this forum everyday, and I talk about the Yankees everyday. You are the imbecile here if you think myself and hammer weren't either involved or at least reading every item in that forum. And we still do, even though half of them are stupid articles posted.

As far as fair weather Yankee fans, there are a fair few, but with a fanbase of however many hundreds of millions of fans we have, we have as many diehards as any team. I sit with them at Yankee Stadium...I talk to them. And my seats aren't in the bleachers, where the same nuts from the late '70's and late '60's still sit.

Maybe the supposed "kids" are fairweather fans, but I went to games when we were way back, and the fans were still going nuts. Almost every game I went to was a damned sellout, and I went to a bunch where we were way way back. You can't handicap our fanbase based off of this forum anyway, and if you try to, you deserve to wallow in the cellar, like the team you root for.

Why you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by perforatededge54 View Post

He's a Giants fan. The highlight of his season has been watching the Bonds chase no one cares about and predicting how far each of Barry Zito's gopher balls will go. Just revel in the fact that we're playing meaningful baseball.
    And who the **** are you ****ing talking to like that.

AA ERA

Uh?

I just think its stupid to let a fan of the Balco Barry's get you upset.
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

And you weren't here all year. So don't get mad, we haven't heard you when we were in the dumps. I'm not saying you're fairweather, but we weren't always winning, and we had about 4 fans back then. Now, with recruits and BF back, we have a bunch more.

Some of whom may be fairweather. I just know I have a track record, I've been here all year. If you haven't, you need to understand why someone calls you fairweather on a forum.

Uh?
    I assumed you were talking to me.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Because we just swept a first place team...and it wasn't even close...

Go sit on Barry Zito's lap.
    Yay, you finally played a team above .500. Congrats Doesn't change the fact that it wasn't baseless. The only way the Yanks are in this is because of schedule. Way to try and advert attention away from what we were talking about!! Now go hide you head in the sand!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Not one Giants fan called anyone a fair weather fan and what in the hell do the Giants have to do with anything on this thread? Yankees will start playing teams above .500 and we shall see just how "good" they are. The only credit I will give is to Joe Torre for getting his team to beat the teams they were supposed to.

AA ERA

I fail to see how this is insulting anyone. They can only play the teams they're scheduled to play. I sort of don't understand your point. Should we throw away all of the games teams have played against opponents under .500? Or does that only pertain to the Yankees?
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The only way the Yanks are in this is because of schedule. Way to try and advert attention away from what we were talking about!
    Yes, the only reason the Yankees are in this is because they won games and lost games. As the schedule dictates.

And the reason the Giants aren't in it is because, purely, they suck.

AA ERA

I bet the Orioles would be in first place in the NL West.
    Save Phil Hughes

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast