Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's that smell?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

What's that smell?

It was the rest of the potential playoff teams shitting their pants today as a healthy Rich Harden made his return to the A's. He was on a pitch count of 60, but he will get two more starts before the playoffs to build up that arm strength. He only pitched 3 innings, but had 7 strikeouts (21 per 9 innings for a ratio). He also hit 98 MPH on the gun.

He's had 3 months to heal (unlike Liriano who the Twins only let rest for a month and then rushed him back only to get hurt). The idea of the regular season is to get to the playoffs and the A's have done that without Harden for the majority of the year (along with various other injuries / using the DL over 15 times, which is more than the Red Cox and Spankees despite what ESPN will try to tell you). This team had depth and now they're getting their best pitcher (and one of the best pitchers in the AL when healthy according to other players, managers, and writers).

The A's chances of bringing a World Series back to Oakland get a huge boost with the return of Harden. His arm is fresh as he has not pitched as many innings as others and there is not a lot of film on him from this year either. I'm not saying he is their savior or anything as they've been doing fine without him. But anybody can see that a healthy Rich Harden improves the A's chances and makes them a more dangerous team. Instead of facing Zito, Haren, Blanton, and Loaiza now you'll face Zito, Harden, Haren, and Blanton/Loaiza. It seems everything is coming together at the right time for the A's. And for anyone that thinks they're going to bendover in the first round, better think again...

MLB ERA
    Yeah, this time they're going to lean against a wall and lift their leg up to take it in the ass instead of bending over.

MLB ERA
    did DK teach you that position?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I smell mushrooms. That is all I smell.

Mmmmm.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    over/under on how long Harden gets hurt again?

Better yet, will Harden stay healthy until Bobby Crosby returns? (whenever that is!)

MLB ERA
    Crosbert is out for the year supposedly...Harden has rested for 3 months...he'll be fine. 75 pitches next start, 90 for his last start, and then he'll be at full strength for the playoffs and that is all that matters you fanny bandit.

MLB ERA
    What makes you think he will be fully healthy again?

MLB ERA
    uhhh, he is fully healthy...they let him heal for 3 months. They wouldn't have brought him back if he was hurt. We'll see how he feels tomorrow and after that, but he's been medically cleared (that's why he pitched) and he's said he feels great.

Your kryptonite is on the way my friend. It was a good run.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    you should worry more about your pitching and the rest of the team trying to beat Arod in the locker room.

MLB ERA
    per rotowire:

Recommendation: Harden will start on Tuesday and then again in the season finale in preparation for starting the third game of the postseason for the A's. "I thought he was impressive as hell," said one AL scout in attendance.

Players, especially pitchers, don't always come off the DL at 100%. First of all you need to re-accustom yourself to playing regularly, and arm pain comes back a lot of the time. Then again 3 months is a very long time, I wouldn't worry about the pain so much as the fact that he'll have 3 starts before the playoffs and then be thrust right into a high pressure situation.

Go Moneyball!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    Your kryptonite is on the way my friend. It was a good run.
    We'll see.

MLB ERA
    I smell some more shit...5 innings tonight, 0 runs, 1 walk, 2 hits, and 5 k's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast