Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Giants Trade Rumors, Ideas and Acquisitions

Re: Giants Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    The moves the Giants should make. I would ask you but you have no clue.
    Nothing can fix this mess. Not in our lifetime I mean.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid View Post
    Nothing can fix this mess. Not in our lifetime I mean.
    Mr. Doom & Gloom! I plan to live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Mr. Doom & Gloom! I plan to live forever.
    Now that is a nightmare right there.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid View Post
    Now that is a nightmare right there.
    "Long Live the Bear"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Athletics designated first baseman Dan Johnson for assignment.
    If only the A's had a 26-man roster, they could have ruined Johnson's career by keeping him glued to the bench all year long. As is, they were forced to let him go. He'll be traded or claimed off waivers within the next 10 days. The best-case scenario for him would be a short move to San Francisco.
    He is worth getting IMO. He's not worth much and does have good on base skills despite having such a shitty batting average. He's a baby Adam Dunn.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    He is worth getting IMO. He's not worth much and does have good on base skills despite having such a shitty batting average. He's a baby Adam Dunn.
    I agree reefer. This guy would be worth whatever it takes to bring him in and let him show what he can do. He is a fair first baseman with some pop in his bat. This is a move I would really like to see happen.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants Trade Rumors and Acquisitions

Rajai Davis is headed across the Bay to Oakland as he was picked up on waivers. I hate to see him go but Lewis has shown to be the better player. Good luck to him!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Rajai Davis is headed across the Bay to Oakland as he was picked up on waivers. I hate to see him go but Lewis has shown to be the better player. Good luck to him!
    Davis had a great game for us today. Had 3 for 4 with a triple and a great catch in center. Welcome to Oakland Mr. Davis!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good for him! I had high hopes for him this year but for some reason we put him on waivers to bring up Manny Burriss Enjoy!

davis is expendable in the wake of lewis and bowker. but it's a shame to watch youth go the way that our older fogies (i guess we call them "veterans") should...

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jpants10 View Post
    davis is expendable in the wake of lewis and bowker. but it's a shame to watch youth go the way that our older fogies (i guess we call them "veterans") should...
    You are correct on all counts. But the fan base will not be happy until the old non-producers are gone.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

With the White Sox due in this weekend, it is fair to ask why the Giants did not pull the trigger in spring training and trade for Chicago third baseman Joe Crede, who has seven homers and 25 RBIs. According to a source, the White Sox first asked the Giants for Jonathan Sanchez, then upped their demand to Sanchez plus either pitchers Madison Bumgarner or Tim Alderson, the team's top two draft picks in 2007, or 17-year-old first-base prospect Angel Villalona. The source said the Giants did not want to give away that much for a player set to become a free agent after the 2008 season.
    Sometimes we have to give Sabean some credit. The game hasn't passed him by as much as we thought.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Omar Vizquel was featured in one of those wild East Coast rumors Wednesday, which had the Red Sox on the verge of acquiring him to replace an ineffective Julio Lugo. Two Giants officials debunked the rumor, one laughing into the phone as he did so.
    Wouldn't the Giants have to listen? I think he was laughing at the Red Sox being interested in Vizquel.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The trade market might be materializing a little earlier than normal this year and the Giants are actively shopping several players, according to sources. But not the names you'd expect. The Giants have informed other clubs that relievers Tyler Walker, Jack Taschner and Vinnie Chulk are available in fair-value deals. The club also is soliciting offers for Erick Threets and Brad Hennessey, who is starting for Triple-A Fresno. Closer Brian Wilson is not among the players the Giants are keen on moving.
    Good for the Giants!! None of these players are in the Giants future plans and could get something useful in return. Chulk is a decent veteran reliever who teams will want the most.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants signed RHP Scott Munter to a minor league contract and assigned him to Triple-A Fresno.
    Munter was non-tendered by the Giants in December of 2007 and signed a minor league deal with the Rays, but was cut loose from Tampa Bay's Triple-A team recently.
    The Giants place Threets on waivers and now sign Munter. I have no idea what this team is doing.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast