Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thought Thread!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Re: Random Thought Thread!

Glad he vetoed it? He wanted to be traded, they had a good deal to send him to a championship contender and a deal that would have benefited the Lakers as well.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

I've never heard of any of those players....of course I haven't followed the NBA very well in years so they could actually be good for all I know.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

The players the Lakers were going to get in return were definetely going to help. Especially getting Prince and Hamilton. I remember watching Prince when he played for Tubby Smith at University of Kentucky. He's a great young player.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Congratulations goes out to Notre Dame for winning their, count 'em, 2ND GAME OF THE SEASON!!! They beat Duke, yes that powerhouse 1-8 Duke.

Note to Charlie Weis, lose the sweatshirt and quit trying to look like Bill "the hoodie" Belichick.

Oh, and way to show up against Ohio State, MICHIGAN. Way to come out and score 3 points....AT HOME! Lloyd Carr has probably coached his last home game for Michigan. Anyone willing to put in their picks for the next coach at Michigan?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    Congratulations goes out to Notre Dame for winning their, count 'em, 2ND GAME OF THE SEASON!!! They beat Duke, yes that powerhouse 1-8 Duke.

Note to Charlie Weis, lose the sweatshirt and quit trying to look like Bill "the hoodie" Belichick.

Oh, and way to show up against Ohio State, MICHIGAN. Way to come out and score 3 points....AT HOME! Lloyd Carr has probably coached his last home game for Michigan. Anyone willing to put in their picks for the next coach at Michigan?
    Wow, Fresno State starts to string together a few wins and you come out swinging at two of the greatest college football programs ever. Thats classy... Cant wait until FS goes into another lossing slump and Michigan and ND bring back some of the glory. Lets see where you are then.

Nothing like a sore winner.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Lets see here where does FS fall in Win Pct???

Oh yeah 34 with nearly .600 winning pct. Lets talk when they get over .700 like Michigan and ND.

http://www.texasfan7.greatnow.com/Alltime/Alltime4.xls

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    Wow, Fresno State starts to string together a few wins and you come out swinging at two of the greatest college football programs ever. Thats classy... Cant wait until FS goes into another lossing slump and Michigan and ND bring back some of the glory. Lets see where you are then.

Nothing like a sore winner.
    Hey, I'll be the first to admit that Fresno State was HORRIBLE last season, especially defensively. Now, they've gotten better on offense, but they can't stop the run to save their lives. As far as being a sore winner, I don't know about that, the Bulldogs are 7-5 right now, coming off a 37-30 loss at Hawaii and will have Kansas State this coming Saturday. The 2 rival games that I thought they could win was at home against Boise State and on the road against Hawaii, but they lost both.

Hey, Michigan has played pretty good football since dropping their 2 games of the season, but to not show up against an Ohio State team that is coming off an upset loss at home against Illinois makes you scratch your head. If the Illini can beat Ohio State, there's no reason that Michigan can only muster 3 points at home.

As far as Notre Dame goes, they are having the worst season in quite some time. Now, the thing I find unbearable about the Irish...they are hyped every season, Charlie Weis was supposed to be "the savior" of Notre Dame Football, but has been anything but. When you get dropped by Navy at home, something is really wrong.

That's why this thread is called "Random Thoughts", their just thoughts I had at the time and I jotted them down. I'm glad you're a die hard fan Jay, I really am, we need more like ya for sure.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Oh, and by the way, as far as the "let's see where you are then", I'll still be here. Regardless if Fresno State wins or loses, I'll still be here. You can take your shots at Fresno State all you want and for good reasons, they haven't had a really good year since David Carr and Bernard Berrian were in Bulldog uniforms.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Thats just it, you dont see anyone coming in here bashing Fresno State when they suck, thats just classless, but then again maybe it's because no body really gives a shit about FS, and so I guess the fact that you feel the need to kick both ND and Michigan when they are down is just an attestation to their greatness.

Go ahead pile on if that makes you feel good about yourself or the craptacular program you support.

BTW with regard to your comment "Now, the thing I find unbearable about the Irish...they are hyped every season" youre right they are, and thats a sign of greatness, you set a certain standard and people expect the best from you year in and year out, thats why it hurts even more when they have seasons like this. When Fresno State has a season like this they become forgotten.

All I can do is pray that someday the Padres build the type of standard such that every year we expect greatness from them, much like people expect from the Yanks and Sox.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

You can pile on Fresno State all you want, it won't bother me. Trust me, I've heard it all when Tarkanian was coaching the basketball team at Fresno State and recruiting players with troubled pasts and it came back to bite him in the ass, which eventually cost him his job.

The only thing I would disagree with on your take on Fresno State is, you said "if they have a season like that, they become forgotten". When was the last time they were not forgotten? The last time they got serious national attention was when David Carr and Bernard Berrian were around, the year they opened their season by upsetting Wisconsin on the road and were eventually ranked in the Top 10 late in the season.

As far as Notre Dame and Michigan go, yes you're right, they both have storied programs, but you can't tell me that Notre Dame is showing anything resembling greatness this season.

I'm not bashing you for your opinions Jay, just the opposite, I'm glad you have a strong opinion on the subject, it makes for a great discussion. The one thing I will say about Notre Dame, if they had to play in a top conference like the ACC or SEC, I don't think they win 5 games a year, but that's just my opinion.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Future All-American
    AA ERA

LOL you just about made my point for me, thanks.

"The only thing I would disagree with on your take on Fresno State is, you said "if they have a season like that, they become forgotten". When was the last time they were not forgotten? The last time they got serious national attention was when David Carr and Bernard Berrian were around, the year they opened their season by upsetting Wisconsin on the road and were eventually ranked in the Top 10 late in the season." Exactly my point. Fresno State is not a program that is thought of as great, and wont be for a long time, so when they have the abberant good season , when they dont they fad back into the shadows with the rest of the second tier programs. Programs like Michigan and Notre Dame are expected every year to be national power houses because of their track record, but the reality is every team will have their down years, you can not be a perenial power house in perpetuity, which is why I think it is crazy that when they do fall into their slump Fresno State fans come out and start bashing them. I guess it's a matter of enjoy it now while you can if it makes you feel better of yourself because we both know that ND and Michigan will probably both win another national championship long before Fresno State ever wins one.

You see where I am going with this, enjoy your current winning ways with humility, because it wont be long before the national powers are kicking your ass back to the stone ages again, and I am sure not a single one of them, or their fans will care enough to go to a public chat forum to go ape shit all over you. It's almost comical to see the little guy kicking mud in the face of the big guy when he is down knowing eventually he will get back up and beat the crap out of you.

As far as Notre Dame and Michigan go, yes you're right, they both have storied programs, but you can't tell me that Notre Dame is showing anything resembling greatness this season. Never tried to say they are showing anything resembling greatness this season, as a matter of fact I will be one of the first ones to tell you they suck hind tit this season, but I will be one of the first to stand up and tell you, show some class and be humble, because as I already stated they will be ranked #1 again some day and probably win another national championship, long before your team does.

The one thing I will say about Notre Dame, if they had to play in a top conference like the ACC or SEC, I don't think they win 5 games a year, but that's just my opinion. Haha LOL this is one of the funniest things you have said so far. It is widely known that ND as an independant more often than not has one of the hardest schedules to play each and every year. They as an Independant have the slight disadvantage that they play in all of the conferences. This is even more funny coming from a guy whose team plays in the WAC one of the weakest and least recognized conferences in college football.

Dude, I appreciate and agree with you that it's fun having a good debate about our loyalties to our favored programs, but really you should think a little more before you state silly stuff like which conference they play in and how they suck THIS SEASON and realize you only look like a weasle when you come out to bash on and kick mud in the eyes of the greater program knowing full well eventually they will be big and bad again and will be wailin on your schools ass long before you are doing it to them.

Let me ask you this, where do you think ND is going to be in 2-3 years when all of their top recruit frershman are a little more mature and seasoned, and where will FS be?

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

I was going to reply with facts and questions about what you said previously, but since you think I'm "classless", I'll just ask this one question. You said "Fresno State fans come out and bash them". Assuming you meant Notre Dame and Michigan, do you have proof of that or are you just assuming that because I did it, then every Fresno State fan has that opinion?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Future All-American
    AA ERA

First, you're right, I meant you, not all FS fans.

Second, I never called you classless, and if you can show me where I did, I'll give you a dollar. I said what you did, your action was classless like farting in church. I'm sure you are a real upstanding young man who should just think more before hitting the send button to send a post that basically says heehee haa haa look at Michigan and ND, they sure suck, LOL, and I root for a great team myself.

Whatever, nothing personal bro, just had to defend the Irish, but this arguements gotten old.

Signing off.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

ND sucks !! Long live SDSU wooot wooot wooot

oh wait.......they suck too........nm
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Niiiicccceeee...