Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN is somewhat ridiculous

ESPN is somewhat ridiculous

Being the bored man I sometimes am, I went over to ESPN.com to curiously find out what, if anything, was mentioned about our win tonight and the taking of first place. Upon the MLB section's front stories, at the top sat "BoSox win, so Yankees will not be able to clench this weekend". Below that was "Mets lose to Pirates, still need one more win". At the bottom of these "breaking" headlines, Soriano was given a sweet'n'low packet for becoming only the fourth player ever to get 40 HRs and 40 sbs in a season.

I'm not one to whine about public opinion, trust me; I promise I have better things to whine about. I just wanted to point out that not even mentioning tonight's game on their entire page is not only ridiculous, it's completely stupid buisness considering the amount of Dodger fans natonwide (and LA is obviously the second biggest city in America, go figure).

If I was an alien from Jupiter, I'd assume ESPN was run by an inferior species of some sort.

To be fair, Sportsline has chosen to inform us that "Giants - Cardinals game cancelled" along with the Red Sox win over any mention of the Padres' victory.

Foxsports, always a fan of conservative cities, boasts "Sledge's pinch hit homer gives Padres teh NL West lead" at the very top of their MLB headlines. Thank you, Fox.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I believe that one of Sportscentre's headlines was the Padres taking over first place. And they talked about it briefly during Sunday night baseball.

At least ESPN is giving some attention to the NL West, aside from Bonds*, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I believe that one of Sportscentre's headlines was the Padres taking over first place. And they talked about it briefly during Sunday night baseball.

At least ESPN is giving some attention to the NL West, aside from Bonds*, I mean.
    They mentioned it before the tenth commercial break of Sportscenter, which I'd assume they're required to do. And a lead change this late in the season just being mentioned briefly on Sunday night baseball, a show made FOR baseball, isn't too impressive.

This would be the equivelant of them not mentioning ANYTHING when San Diego beat Denver with a few games left of the 2004 season to take the lead in the division. Actually, that's not even dramatic enough, considering this would translate to more like the last or second to last game of an NFL season. The only difference, of course, is they publicized that game a s**tload, while the Pad's win tonight apparently isn't meritorious enough for them to even give a shit, let alone a LOAD of s**t.

I probably wouldn;t have brought this up in the first place had I not palyed at the commerce tonight (living in Los Angeles, mind you) and listened to dozens of 'Turd fans say the exact same things as me about our COMPLETE lack of publicity.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ESPN is a joke......it's a biased network dedicated to jerking off the Yankees and Redsox, and giving everyone else less than the time of day. Where the NLWest is concerned it's even more of a joke. Commentators who finally give updates frequently pronounce names wrong, get scores wrong, matchup wrong, etc.... ESPN is pulling an MTV and turning into complete crap....

Sadly there are enough ESPN channels now that they could and should have one focusing on each side of the country....but instead they would rather choose to air some stupid made for ESPN movie or show a 10th repeat of the WS of Poker.......
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    I started calling it NESPN rather than just ESPN among friends because it is truely the "North Eastern Sports Program Network" with as much as they cram NY and Bahston down our throats. You would think that NY and Boston were gods with as much time they get.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    So true........we desperately need the WSPN..........west coast sports network.......

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    ESPN is a joke......it's a biased network dedicated to jerking off the Yankees and Redsox, and giving everyone else less than the time of day. Where the NLWest is concerned it's even more of a joke. Commentators who finally give updates frequently pronounce names wrong, get scores wrong, matchup wrong, etc.... ESPN is pulling an MTV and turning into complete crap....

Sadly there are enough ESPN channels now that they could and should have one focusing on each side of the country....but instead they would rather choose to air some stupid made for ESPN movie or show a 10th repeat of the WS of Poker.......
    I agree that ESPN used to be much better. When I wes a kid, I used to wake up at6 in the morning everyday to be able to catch the day's full Sportscenter episode before school. I remember them constantly giving love to the Padres of the mid nineties, even those before Boch that sucked (yet still had some great players). It is somewhat sickening how they've always kissed Barroid's evil a*s, as well as Mcgwire's and company.

Come to think of it, straight up: screw you ESPN.

MLB ERA
    It should be an unbiased view of sports..........they should spend the same amount of time on each division in each sport......they should cover the ups and downs as it should be.......it's just very tired, and if there were a real alternative, I'd chose it

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA
    and had the Padres won the game........it would have been something like " the dodgers let another slip away, to an inferior team"

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    and had the Padres won the game........it would have been something like " the dodgers let another slip away, to an inferior team"
    This is completely, absolutely, 100% factually dead on. I would bet my life on this.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not really since the Dodgers never had the lead last night (until the walkoff HR), so they can't really "let it slip away".

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    In the past two months, Kruk and Steve Phillips have said that the Reds, Padres, Marlins and Phillies will win the WC based on absolutely nothing except standings. Grow a **** and pick ONE!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Not really since the Dodgers never had the lead last night (until the walkoff HR), so they can't really "let it slip away".

Point is how the media would spin it just to avoid giving us any credit for anything ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast