Thread: Ken Macha

Ken Macha

Who in here was happy Ken Macha returned. Me I was hoping he stayed away. I think Ron Washington will be a great manager. When we get back to the playoffs we will need to have more productive outs and play little ball. Thats why we were getting knocked out in the first round. Having Wash as the Manager he'll have the guys playing little ball more.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Macha certainly makes some decisions that confuse me...sometimes he gets lucky and they work out (like bringing Street in for the 5 out save and leaving Zito in for almost 130 pitches the other night)...but really it's Beane's team...he should just be the manager, too

MLB ERA
    I don't like Macha and I never have. I feel like the team plays to his personality although Kendall kinda threw a wrench in that when he went after Lackey. Prov is right tho; hell, any one of us could manage this team. Yes Billy; right away Billy; I'll put him in the lineup Billy etc etc.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it's just the in game decisions that are unfortunately left to Macha...I wish Beane was always on speaker phone on a cell and telling Macha what to do on every single pitch

What I notice when we play the teams like the yankees, Red Sox, White Sox and the Angels They get productive outs. They move runners over. Weather it's by a bunt or a well placed ground ball or fly ball. The A's don't do that very often. We are finally running the bases better. They are also allot tougher this year. They don't get pushed around. Kendall may not hit as well as we would like but he brings a toughness to the team. Remember with Ramon Hernandez as our catcher he didn't block the plate well at all. Every close play the at the plate the runner scored. With kendall That doesn't happen. Since Macha doesn't instill that thoughness Kendall has too.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I've made my sentiments clear about Macha before....and they haven't changed much, but can't wish for anyone else. He is who he is, just gotta deal with it.