Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yankees Fact or Fiction

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey nyjunc, I agree with you on the point about A-Rod getting hot early in the playoffs. Not only will it help the team, but help his own confidence as well!!! Still like A-ROd here though. Many teams would like to have him. I hope the fans and media give him a legit chance this year to prove himself and gain back his confidence, and realize that everyone does fail most of the time in baseball when it comes to hitting. I mean we as fans are excited when on of our players hit .300+ for an average. In school, that is not even close to a passing grade, even with a curve! He is going to put up his numbers in the regular season to help the Yankees be in the hunt for post-season. Remember, lets blame the owners for allowing these contracts to get way out of hand. No one twisted the owners arm to put the offer on the table! So, again, I do agree with you and I know as fans we have the right to boo and all of that, cause I do it just as much as anyone. I do give the players a chance later to prove themself later too. Many times with my fingers crossed, toes crossed,wishing for success and praying. So, I am not here to start a heated arguement about A-Rod again. I am actually on the Yankees' fans side here. Just forgive and cheer for the man, it just might help boost his confidence!

MLB ERA
    Uh, a lot of that is nonsensical, at least to Yankee fans.

Salary was always an excuse to hate on ARod's poor play, but it was his lack of clutch that disappointed the fanbase.

I'm not with nyjunc on this one; I think he should be allowed another shot. If we crucify him before the season even starts he doesn't have a chance. He hits .315 with 40+ HR and 110+ RBI and we win the WS I could care less about how supposedly poor he played.

And, brewrsfan, since you and I are pretty much on the same page, I doubt you agree with nyjunc on any of this. Playoffs categorize a player, they don't define him, and that's why ARod is great no matter his production in October. But to be categorized correctly, I would like to see at least a marked decline as opposed to a ridiculous free-fall.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

OOOPs, my bad, I just misread. I have always liked A-Rod. I know he is grossly overpaid and he has different expectations because of that. I know he is somewhat egotistical as well. Just hope that he gets a fair shot this season, so he can relax and enjoy the game. I just try to remember that they are humans too and have feelings and try not to bash professional athletes too much when I get frustrated with them. I did my share of booing and trashing Turnbow and Yost last year myself, but it is a new year, and they get new opportunities to right themself. Turnbow is our A-Rod, but much less expensive!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well...since this is supposed to be a F/F thread.

Fiction: I don't think Cox comes up this year. I think he's still some time away.

Fact or Fiction: The Yankees have a losing record against the Angels again.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Fiction, I think this will be the year that they can get over the rally monkey.

Fact or Fiction:Wang will win the Cy Young?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Fiction. Sorry, just another "I like the field too much" thing. He'll be Top 10, maybe Top 5, no way do I see him winning.

F/F Yankees will make it to the WS this year.

AAA ERA
    I'm not with nyjunc on this one; I think he should be allowed another shot.
    he's on the team, I will root for him and I hope he comes through. I think after watching peyton manning finally cme through that gives me more confidence ARod could do it but he has to get it done in october.

MLB ERA
    Fiction. They have the pieces to do it but worried about the pitching and it's safe to take the field anyway.

Fact or Fiction: Kei Igawa has an ERA under 4.

MLB ERA
    Fiction. Way too much to hope for.

F/F: We will once again contain a pen member who leads the league with appearances.
    F/F: We will have the least innings by starters this yer.

MLB ERA
    Fiction on both. Call it a gut feeling.

Fact or Fiction: Steinbrenner retires within the next 3 years.

MLB ERA
    Fact, the year we get the new Stadium.

F/F: The new Stadium will be amazing.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

who is the heir to the Yankees?

MLB ERA
    Randy Levine is next in line I believe.

No, wait, it's Steve Swindell.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Didn't know that. Thanks! And they would be who, again? And how are they are part of the Yankees now?

AAA ERA
    I don't think George will retire, I think he might pass on. he is not in good health right now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast