Thread: Upcoming Series

MLB ERA

Mets Upcoming Series

This upcoming series, starting tonight at Shea Stadium, against the Phillies may well be the biggest series the Mets have played in a long time. The team is 19-12 since Jerry Manuel took over, and has won 11 of their last 13. The Mets will send three good pitchers(Santana, Maine, Perez) to the mound against (I forget the order) Blanton, Moyer, and Kendrick. The Mets had already won 7 of 10 against the Phillies this year, and a series win would be HUGE, in that it would be the second BIG message to the Phillies in the past two weeks, asserting that we are back. We beat them 3 out of 4 in Philly, and if we can play well the next few games, we have a shot to beat them in the series again. The pitching matchups overall favor the Mets, and the Mets are by far the hotter team. I know that it was just a bit over a month ago that I was all negative and pessimistic about the Mets, but I gotta say, I'm as confident now as I was in 2006. I don't know if that's good, but it's a nice feeling. Anyone else think the Mets could have a big series ahead of them?

MLB ERA

Re: Upcoming Series

And in game one, Santana pitches a gem, and the bullpen lays a ****ing egg. Un -****ing-believable. A 5-2 lead in the 9th inning, I don't give a shit who you are, you should be able to hold that. Inexcusable. Terrible performance. Disappointing. Lets go out tonight and kick the shit out of a guy who was just demoted to AAA after being the opening day starter.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Santana is having a Matt Cain type year so far. Rough game last night. We'll see how the Mets respond tonight. Mets miss the struggling Wagner already.

MLB ERA

Fortunately the story is that he will be available tonight. The hope of course, is that he needs to be used. I'm optimistic, but guarded at this point. Hopefully Maine can rebound from a couple bad starts in a row.

MLB ERA

I was at the game last night. Impressive to see the team bounce back like that. Maine pitched well, and Reyes with a clutch HR.

Today, however, the team impressed me EVEN MORE. Perez pitched incredibly, 7 2/3 innings, 12 K, 1 BB, 1 R. Heilman coming in to retire one batter with the bases loaded and get the win. Carlos Delgado with the HUGE clutch double in the 8th to drive in two....and David Wright with the biggest fist pump I've ever seen. You can see that this team is pumped to be in first place(all alone now). But as the guys on Baseball Tonight said....this rivalry is not as far off from Yanks/Sox as people think.