Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speak or get benched,Barry

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    redsfan28... Try thinking, and get the facts! Better to be thought a fool then open mouth and remove all doubt!
    Oh, and by the way, NO ONE'S head gets exponentially larger from when he starts his career to when its almost over without help!
    rf28

AAA ERA
    Lets be serious! If Bonds was a Cub it would be move over Mr Banks there is a New Mr. Cub. The only people who are calling for Barry's head are people who do not have him on there team.
    Not true. There's a big Giant fan on the radio here in NY (Chris "Mad Dog" Russo) and he's been schilling for Bonds for a long time. Now he's just run out of ways to defend him. Bonds get the treatment that he does because he's a smug, self-absorbed, ungrateful jerk! To some that is admirable. Hell, I love George Steinbrenner, but don't tell me that "If he were a Cub..." bullcrap. If he had any endearing qualities this would have blown over a long time ago. By refusing to address the issue with the media, he only calls more attention to the situation. I have no sympathy for Barry.

AAA ERA

Giants

redsfan28... You can't be sure about anything unless you have the facts and the proof. Do not be so sure about Adam Dunn. I will not say he is on anything because I don't have the proof, but you need to give the same to Bonds. If baseball had anything Bonds would be out of the game.

AAA ERA

Giants

Hmark6... No one asked for your sympathy. All anyone in this forum can
    ask is the you use your brain! There is not one owner who would not like to have Bonds on their team! Not one, unless you just purchased a team and can speak for yourself. So much hate and Barry Envy!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There is enough empirical evidence that he did take something. Too many coincidences create a pattern. Where there's smoke there's fire. You should accept the fact that not everyone agrees with your opinion and not everyone (anyone not in San Francisco) likes Bonds.
    rf28

AAA ERA

Giants

redsfan28...You don't have any clue. You will not change my point of view and I don't know if anyone can change yours. It must be nice to let others think for you!!

First of all I feel Bonds has used Steroids and is not the most
    wonderful person to deal with, but to me he is taking a lot of heat for
    the wrong thing. Baseball did not look at the Steroid issue until 2002
    the year after Bonds hit 73 home runs. They (Major League Baseball) did
    not have a steroid policy in effect until 2004. Now that being said how
    can anyone say Bonds cheated when there was no ban on steroid use. Most
    people in any field will do what is necessary to be competitive. If a
    person came to me and said you can play five years longer and set
    records during this time by taking this non banned substance, I would
    say give it to me now. And so would most people.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So because I agree with the majority of the people on this board, that means I am just another drone, not able to think for myself? Just because you are in the minority doesn't mean you have to insult me.
    rf28

AAA ERA

Giants

redsfan28...I don't want to insult you I want you to think for yourself. I do hope you never have to go to court and defend yourself against the court of public opinion

AAA ERA
    Bear, first of all, this has nothing to do with whether or not owners would still want Barry. You're trying to skirt the issue now becuase you're losing the debate. Second of all, don't imply that we're the ignorant ones and then go off on this "Anyone who doesn't see it my way can't use their brain!" trip. You need to practice what you preach.

Now for redsfan to see that Barry's friend and his trainer have both gone to jail for giving baseball players steroids, and to draw the conclusion that Barry may have used them as well is not a great leap of faith. Especially now since two books are coming out to support this evidence.

I happen to agree with redsfan that its a greater leap of faith to see the poster boy of the BALCO investigation hit the prime of his career at 38 years old, while two of his friends are in jail for giving steroids to baseball players, and come to the conclusion that since there is no "smoking syringe", Barry did not use steroids. If you see it that way then thats on you. But don't go and tell us that we're not using our brains, simply because we call it another way.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    redsfan28...I don't want to insult you I want you to think for yourself. I do hope you never have to go to court and defend yourself against the court of public opinion
    That would never happen because I would own up to anything that I did.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    Hmark6...I have said since day one Barry has used steroids. But that is not the question. When? Did he stop after 2002? When did Baseball take a stand? These are the questions that need answers. Yes, he took steroids but
    did he break a baseball rule. If he did take after 2002 baseball needs to take action. if not case closed. Debate the facts! If not you are just going along with the crowd.

AAA ERA
    redsfan28... It must be nice to be so pure.

MLB ERA
    Bear has an addiction, and the only cure is more emoticon.

Hmmmm...I gotta side with Bear on this one (surprise, huh? :p) but right now I have to go to the friggin' dentist and wil have to jump into this later...

I have said since day one Barry has used steroids.
    Me too but...

But that is not the question. When? Did he stop after 2002? When did Baseball take a stand? These are the questions that need answers. Yes, he took steroids but did he break a baseball rule.
    This is the crux of the matter. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend (outside of San Francisco).

If he did take after 2002 baseball needs to take action.
    They have no proof so...

if not case closed.
    Yep!

Look, it's obvious Barry Bonds took some performance enhancing s!it. They have no proof whatsoever that he did so after MLB said it was against the rules. People zero in on Bonds because they view him as a prick...so what about the dude from Zona (Gonzalez?) who hit 55 homers one season and hasn’t had a base hit since! Did he "cheat" or did he stop doing whatever it was he was doing after MLB laid down the law (and the rules)? Sosa? That lying SOB? McGuire? Lying bastard...plus he has no game whatsoever. It just pisses me that people want to blame it all on Bonds. If they had proof of all the baseball players in earlier years who were hooked on amphetamines we'd have a record book full of asterisks.

I say let's close the book on this mess. I doubt anybody is using steroids now...but IMO the best thing is to leave Barry Bonds alone, let him break the home run record, retire and close the book on this thing. Bonds is one of the three greatest baseball players in history...why must people tear the guy down?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast