Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bonds used massive amounts of steroids

MLB ERA
    Jim Rome?

Good point?

Surely you kid. The world would explode if that happened!

MLB ERA
    Y'know... I was thinking the same sentiment exactly.... Where's Jim Everett when you need him??
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    War that comment! I am out!

MLB ERA
    This is a placeholder post, Dave, because I plan to address the Babe Ruth retort you made to my post about all players being tainted, but I've got to do laundry and clean up a bit first.

You just wait, sir, I will DEMOLISH YOUR VIEWPOINT AND MAKE YOU CRY!!! HA HA HAAAA

MLB ERA
    I'll be waiting to see how drunk at a game with a belly full of food and a 24 hour tour of a brothel actually were performance enhancing for Ruth, and what Barroids has done is not....

Hell.. pitching a No-Hitter on LSD isn't being "clean"... but it is also not performance enhancing

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As CRF said, Griffey is clean.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    No no, make no mistake, I'm not going to defend Bonds for eating three steroid meatloafs a day, **** that argument, I'm just going to show that Ruth cheated in some ways.

Edit: I like how I'm saying "Ho ho buddy, but I will argue this in this way!" instead of just "BABE RUTH USED A CORKED BAT, THAT ENHANCED PERFORMANCE, BABE RUTH PLAYED IN A LEAGUE WITH NO BLACKS, THAT CERTAINLY ENHANCED PERFORMANCES BY DECREASING THE PERFORMANCE OF OVERALL PITCHING STAFFS BY HAVING WEAKER TALENT POOLS."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Jim Rome?

Good point?

Surely you kid. The world would explode if that happened!
    Personally i laughed at it. but really if you think about it. would you do that in that situation?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Actually, Joe Jackson was foung complicit in the fixing of the World Series, an offense equal to gambling itself. As the RULES state, gamble on baseball, out for a year. Gamble on your own team, out for life.

Find a corresponding rule applicable to steroid use.
    The rule for gambling went on the books in 1921 due in part to the Black Sox scandal. Shoeless Joe was found not guilty in a court of law, and was still banned for life from baseball. By these standards, Bonds should be banned from baseball for life for taking steroids. Thank you for making a point for the side you were arguing against.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    So not having certain players in the game attributes to Ruth cheating??? BULLPRUNES.... I'm sure we could find some Tibetan baseball masters out there in the Himilayas, so I guess that makes Bonds even more of a cheat I guess in comparison, modern workout equpment that is not available to young players in Cuba, that is being used and has been used by Bonds would make the playing field "uneven", making Bonds even more of a cheat. AND that would also, by your logic, be performance enhancing by Barroids...

Am I defending a corked bat (if one was used)?? Nope.. but Steroids in a system would be like a corked bat with every swing... funny, I'm sure Ruth broke quite a few bats and I have not heard of a single one being caught with cork... So I would venture to guess that he was not cheating with each and every swing, as Barroids has done... I am also trying to find any instance, other than a story from some "collector" who claims some Ruthian bat he "saw" at a show was corked, of someone claiming such a use by Ruth.... but I would venture to guess that for every one that maybe would be found, one could also be found for the accusation of Bonds using a corked bat

If you want to make a logical argument out of it, I am sure I can delve deep and put Barroids on the same plane with Hitler and Satan... but that is not the point of the argument.... the point is that most of the "unclean" acts of the past were not personally performance enhancing for the players... most in fact were detrimental... but the use of Steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, are by definition performance enhancing to the individual player

MLB ERA
    Actually, since your all so hot on this Shoeless Joe issue, he was found non-guilty by an actual court of law, but banned from baseball. Bonds will soon be found guilty of perjury, or should be, yet I doubt he'll be banned from baseball. True it's unjust, but Bud Selig is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    The rule for gambling went on the books in 1921 due in part to the Black Sox scandal. Shoeless Joe was found not guilty in a court of law, and was still banned for life from baseball. By these standards, Bonds should be banned from baseball for life for taking steroids. Thank you for making a point for the side you were arguing against.
    Dam, you literally said the exact thing i did...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Dam, you literally said the exact thing i did...
    You said nothing about the rule going on the books in 1921. That's what makes Shoeless Joe's situation comparable to Bonds's situation.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    "So not having certain players in the game attributes to Ruth cheating???"

"I'll be waiting to see how drunk at a game with a belly full of food and a 24 hour tour of a brothel actually were performance enhancing for Ruth"

The lack of blacks sure enhanced his performance.

I'm just trying to show that not every player who isn't Barry is perfect, which ABG seems to think since she'd strip him of his numbers but not Hank Aaron, an admitted amphetamines user, or the various other amphetamine users.

The number of clean baseball players in MLB history, that is, those who have *never* cheated, is so low that there's no point to saying "Remove him from the record books!" because then we'd have to say "Well this guy did this, he dd it this many times, he did it over this many years..." and it'd turn into the record book being like, 200 guys. 200 very underwhelming guys.

MLB ERA
    At the end of the day, Bonds walks.

Cry, baby, cry, make your mother sigh, you're old enough to know better, so cry, baby cry...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Actually, you would only be correct if throwing the World Series is an offense equal to or greater than the use of steroids. Is it?

Twisting logic doesn't work on me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast