Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 03, per SI

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 03, per SI

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    They all did it before the rule. After the rule in '04 (which is when A-Rod went to the Yankees) they started testing. Therefore I'm assuming with pretty good reason that he stopped in '04 with the rule. Otherwise he would have tested positive in the random, punishable drug tests. Hence we didn't find out about it until now
    thats not a very good assumption. While it may be true, it may not be true as well for one VERY simple reason: The users are always light years ahead of the testers. as soon as one thing is detectable, there is some lab cooking up something that will beat the current tests.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    thats not a very good assumption. While it may be true, it may not be true as well for one VERY simple reason: The users are always light years ahead of the testers. as soon as one thing is detectable, there is some lab cooking up something that will beat the current tests.
    This is the exact reason why baseball has an opportunity to better itself but they keep stumbling over their own feet. Admit steroids were a bigger problem than they admit and move on. Move on looking at what the newest stuff is and maybe try to get it funded for testing so people know IN ADVANCE exactly what the side effects are. Rather than wait for an entire generation to get dropped in can like an old moldy piece of cheese.

Of Course Fehr and Selig arent smart enough to actually lead in anything besides tripping down the stairs and sticking their heads in the sand.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

These are the worst of times | The LoHud Yankees Blog

An incredible read. He's so right in so many ways. It's sad, it really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    They all did it before the rule. After the rule in '04 (which is when A-Rod went to the Yankees) they started testing. Therefore I'm assuming with pretty good reason that he stopped in '04 with the rule. Otherwise he would have tested positive in the random, punishable drug tests. Hence we didn't find out about it until now
    You can't make that assumption.

Chargers LB tested clean 19 of 20 times - NFL - ESPN
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

I think PE use has gone down since the testing began but there's no question guys still use. They will always find ways around the tests whether it's a masking agent or whatever.

Lost Football Fan
    Rookie ERA

I honestly never even suspected A-Rod, but now it seems anyone could be using them. I don't see how you can solve the problem though, the guys who make these drugs and the guys who give them to players are always going to be at least one step ahead of the testing. The risk of getting caught is at an all time high now, you get caught and your considered a cheater for life, what more can the MLB start doing? This is on the players they have to decide to stop using the drugs. Hopefully the new generation of players will realize using steroids is too great a risk.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
    I honestly never even suspected A-Rod, but now it seems anyone could be using them. I don't see how you can solve the problem though, the guys who make these drugs and the guys who give them to players are always going to be at least one step ahead of the testing. The risk of getting caught is at an all time high now, you get caught and your considered a cheater for life, what more can the MLB start doing? This is on the players they have to decide to stop using the drugs. Hopefully the new generation of players will realize using steroids is too great a risk.
    Blood tests.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Who ever considered Alex Rodriguez a savior of anything?
    Well, the theory was that if a clean A-Rod broke Bonds' record, the sanctity of the game would be returned. Now that won't happen. That's what they mean when they said he would be a savior.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345