Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 03, per SI

MLB ERA

Re: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 03, per SI

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Apparently this all came out via leak from the lab. I do think whoever was in charge there should be canned. Of course this is a big scoop but everyone, even people in the wrong like Rodriguez, should have their confidentiality protected until the proper people decide to release the information.
    I couldn't agree more

I also wonder how this will affect the Rangers organization since this happened while he was there. I know the GM at the time said it was sad for A-Rod, but who knows if he knew about this beforehand. We probably won't know, but who knows how it will affect the reputation of the organization internally
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Well, he is kind of viewed as the ultimate Yankee fan and obviously still wields power through influence even if he is ill.

But how do you feel about ARod breaking the record in pinstripes one day? That is kind of where I am headed. Would you or other Yankees fans want to trade him (a reach I know) before that day comes? I don't know if I would want that associated with my team's history, even if he is perhaps the greatest talent, without enhancers, to play the game in his generation or any generation.
    I think this really reflects more on the Rangers than the Yankees, personally. This is no fault of the Yankees, and I'd still love to see him break records with the team, controversy or no controversy.

I think this is really getting blown out of proportion, to be honest. 104 total players tested positive in this survey, and A-Rod is really the only one getting shit for it. I think we just have to accept that it was rampant during the time, and we'll never get justice for it all. People need to stop putting asterisks next to everything and just move on.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    A-Rod is really the only one getting shit for it. I think we just have to accept that it was rampant during the time, and we'll never get justice for it all. People need to stop putting asterisks next to everything and just move on.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure Barry Bonds is getting shit too?
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

I meant from this survey

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure Barry Bonds is getting shit too?
    uh bonds is getting shit from other sources. He's in trouble from balco. this doesnt come from the balco stuff.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

plus bonds possibly lied under oath. that's a whole other situation

MLB ERA

It all orginated from taking steroids... if the hadn't taken steroids, then it would have been a non issue, so its definitely similar
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Rookie ERA

At least Bonds and Arod are on the same page/list now. I always liked Bonds more than Arod and when (if) he breaks the record, he will get owned by fans and media just as much. I guess Jose Conseco wasn't lying when he said Arod used 'roids...

AAA ERA

This is not surprising at all, there are still hundreds, if not thousands, of names to come out.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I ****ing love this shit man!! When the Barry Bonds shit hit the fan and I stood by and said, "No one can prove Bonds took steroids", I took so much shit for it!! It was unreal the battles i got into. Now that's its Arod with actual physical proof, its just like nothing happened. I guess everyone is burned out? Was it because Arod was a nicer guy? I just don't get it. People are saying the same stuff I was crucified for like "He wasn't the only one". It just makes me laugh This is a HUGE blow to Arod but more importantly, MLB as a whole. Arod was going to be the savior and now he looks like a villain. Now its time for Bud to earn that $18 million.

The NY media will crucify him and the Yankees fans will do more of the same since they have crucified him since he got there. Arod is now wishing Hank Steinbrenner kept his word in not renegotiating after Arod opted out a year ago and signed elsewhere but too bad no one else could have afforded him.
    uh bonds is getting shit from other sources. He's in trouble from balco. this doesnt come from the balco stuff.
    Not true exactly. Many believe this Arod outing came from the Balco investigation. The government seized the samples and the lists of names and results on them. The lists were never supposed to be together so to stay secret and out of the public's eye.

One last point I would like to make. This report 100% undermines the Mitchell Report. When MLB is keeping information from its own report kills any credibility the report had in the first place. Its was a farce and baseball should feel very stupid as it most likely does.

MLB ERA

I honestly think you have a point about the burned out thing. I know I am. I'm really tired of hearing about it, and I think a lot of other people are too

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, its hilarious. I was shocked by this news but think it was funny when people kept saying "Look at Bonds' body when he first came in and now look at him". Then I would say "Look at Arod's body from when he came up to what it is now". People just laughed at me but I am laughing now. Actually I'm not. This a just a huge blow to the game!! Arod best come clean quit or it will get uglier. Much, much uglier.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

This whole mess is the fault of the players, IMHO.

If they would have not used performance enhancing drugs, they wouldn't even be in this mess to begin with. And then when caught, if they would have just copped to it then they could be "forgiven".

Bonds? He lied under oath, and now he's paying for it. If he would have just admitted it, he wouldn't be facing federal perjury charges.

Clemens? While I don't know how well anything bloody holds up in an empty soda can for years...if it is true (and it probally is), and he'd just admit it...while he may never get into the HoF I think most fans would be happy with him just saying "yeah, I did it".

A-Rod...he needs to just admit to it. He's been caught red handed. If he hides behind the MLBPA and his agent, things are just gonna go from bad to worse for him. He's going to be ridiculed by the New York fans, and he's going to hear it in every away game he plays.

People already didn't like him before he became a Yankee. People didn't like him winning MVP when on the losing Rangers. People didn't like him because of his massive contract. People didn't like him because of his talent. People liked him even less when he became a Yankee. Yankee fans liked him less when he couldn't play well in September/October.

Now the fans have the steroid use to throw at him.

And while all this ultimatly falls on the players shoulders, because they are the ones who used the drugs, there is more than enough blame to be laid on the MLBPA.

When the feds wanted just the players in the BALCO scandal, the MLBPA agreed to it and then got ballsy and went to stop them. The feds turned around and got warrants for all the test results, not just the ones on the BALCO scandal players.

Also, this whole mess of A-Rod's name being leaked and the feds even getting the info if the MLBPA would have done thier job and filed the paper work to have the results and samples destroyed. They didn't do that, and now baseball's black eye gets even worse.

I think this is going to cause players to not trust the MLBPA. They obviously don't have the players best interests in mind with the actions they have taken that lead to this.

And honestly, I am getting burned out on the steroids stuff. The late 80's through the early 2000's is the Steroid Era of Major League Baseball. It will forever be known as such. We will never know how many players were juiced, we can only guess for the most part. Fans need to just accept this and move on. It will be better for the game that way.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    This is a HUGE blow to Arod but more importantly, MLB as a whole. Arod was going to be the savior and now he looks like a villain.
    Bingo.

What an awful day for MLB. The only chance A-Rod has of salvaging any part of his reputation is coming out today and saying "I took steroids, I made a mistake."

He won't, of course. His ego is too inflated. He'll probably nonsensically try to defend this, or just say "no comment" all season.

God, I wish the Yankees had never re-signed this asshole.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Jayson Stark: Baseball's last hope gone - ESPN

Jayson Stark may be the best baseball writer out there.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast