Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the Nationals win the NL East?

Because it doesn't feature any WIN METHOD teams, probably.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    The reference to 'childish' by Hmark6 must be to him describing himself. He brings something into the post that was mentioned by no other poster, and then blames another poster. Truly childish. More important, factualy childish.
    We all knew where you were going. Don't get frustrated that I blew you up before you got to post your nonsense. Funny how posters in this thread have my back, not yours Joe. So why is the NL weak, Joek? Do tell!

ERA
    Call NASA
    The national league has been dominated by the American League in the only meaninglful competition between the two leagues over the past 100+ years. World Series competition. The American League has continuelessly won more WS events and more WS games over the national league over this 100+ year span. That is the facts that I base my opinion on. If you do not like it nor accept it, that is fine. We will have differing opinions and views.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    We all knew where you were going. Don't get frustrated that I blew you up before you got to post your nonsense. Funny how posters in this thread have my back, not yours Joe. So why is the NL weak, Joek? Do tell!
    When you are consistently wrong, you need posters to cover your back. Being forthright and correct, I do not need, nor seek cover.

MLB ERA
    Past performance of teams 90-100 years ago have no bearing on which league is dominant now. P-E-R-I-O-D

Just as the old components of a W.S. champ 5 or so years ago, has no bearing on whether the newly comprised team of players is good or bad, better or worse, destined to be champions or not... the name of the team has no bearing on their greatness... the past performances of a franchise have no bearing on their play today... if all teams remained the same in their component individuals, this type of argument would have some validity, but in this era it does not

AAA ERA
    The national league has been dominated by the American League in the only meaninglful competition between the two leagues over the past 100+ years. World Series competition. The American League has continuelessly won more WS events and more WS games over the national league over this 100+ year span. That is the facts that I base my opinion on. If you do not like it nor accept it, that is fine. We will have differing opinions and views.
    We're talking about the 2005 NL East. Not the past 100 years. Re-read the thread and then tell us why the 2005 NL East is weak in the context of the current season.

ERA
    Call NASA
    What has happened in the past shapes the future. When one league has dominated another league so consistently for 100+ years, it is very safe to say that trend will continue until the league that has been dominated makes a consistent sustained reversal. There is no substitute for consistent winning and the AL has done that to the nl in the only meaningful competition between the two leagues for the past 100+ years.

AAA ERA
    What has happened in the past shapes the future. When one league has dominated another league so consistently for 100+ years, it is very safe to say that trend will continue until the league that has been dominated makes a consistent sustained reversal. There is no substitute for consistent winning and the AL has done that to the nl in the only meaningful competition between the two leagues for the past 100+ years.
    Hijacked another thread... Not once did you refer to the 2005 NL East.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Hijacked another thread... Not once did you refer to the 2005 NL East.
    You have made it abundantly clear that you are a fool and a baiter. I did not need to mention the nl east per say, as I was referring to the entire nl, which the east is one division of. If you think I hijack threads, please ignore me and do not respond to me. Allow me to state my opinion and view, and each time I feel a poster posts something I disagree with, I will state my view and opinion. If you don't like or agree with my opinions, ignore them. You are free to live life with blinders on.

AAA ERA
    Philly seems to be cooling off. And the Nats have a great oppertunity in July to pull away from the rest of the division. 13 games against the NL East, Astors and Rockies at Home. Did anyone Notice that the Nats have the best home record in MLB? That's going to be a tought ticket to get pretty soon. Go Nats!

Rookie ERA
    Id like to think that the Nationals will continue to play well and win the division, but I just dont see it. I say the Phillies will take the lead after the ASB and never look back. Im rooting for the Nats though.

MLB ERA
    True, but Atlanta has a ton of injuries and Florida is under achieving. I think after the ASG, those two will make a run and overtake Washington.

AAA ERA
    Its going to be a great race. That is certain.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    The NL West is even a bigger joke, joek. Padres has been struggling so badly yet they are still in first. Arizona and LA can't seem to take advantage of it. Giants stink, but they are still in the race remarkably.

Very very true, NL west is doing horriable this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They need a real power threat in the middle of their lineup. Wilkerson only has 3 or so homeruns, and they've been without Vidro, so I think if they were to land a guy with pop, it could be very interesting. They probably won't go away in the division; they have that kind of manager to keep them fighting and a guy like Livan to always bust losing streaks.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast