Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Around the Horn (6/21)

BDry?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I see the Cubs moving up to 4th place. The reason for this is beacuse whenever you add a triple crown esque player your chances of winning games increase greatly. Not only will he produce tremendously but he will also allow the person hitting ahead of him, possibly Aramis Ramirez do see much better pitches. Last year, Aramis was batting .302 but this year he is only batting .256. This can be contributed to seeing much tougher pitches to hit or due to forcing himself to swing since he isn't seeing great pitches. Also, Milwaulkee has been relatively healthy the entire year so I don't see much upward movement for them. Houston will be getting Clemens back and that will not only help the staff but also boost the moral of the team. Also, I don't see prior having a 17.18 ERA the entire season so he could also be a contributor to the team.

Milwaukee's been missing Sheets a lot.

Point to Slyder.

Next, the Cincy Reds. Where do you see that rollercoaster team finishing in the Central, DryWitty?

Cincy Reds? ugh. Easy pt to slyder.

Oh and yes I did interupt this show. your welcome.

The Reds will finish in third place. The Astros are only 2.5 games behing them and as I said before, Clemens should be a big help to the Astros. If I remember correctly, the Astros had a much stronger second half last year than they did in the first half so I would expect a strong second half from them putting them in second place. The Cardinals are my number 1 team. Even with Pujols out they are still in first and he is by far the MVP in baseball. In addition, with griffey's history, he is bound to fall to injury sooner or later. Over the past 3 years, griffey hasn't played more than 130 games so he is due. His 12 HR's will be missed along with his leadership, dropping them to third.

Sly?

*Drunk Rock ambles onto set*

I love this god damn show. Go White Sox!

Go away.

Why do you close your eyes when we make love?

MLB ERA
    The Reds ROTATION has been among the top echelon for a LOT of the year. At one point the STARTERS combined ERA was good for 2nd in baseball. The problem has been and continues to be the bullpen. So far Bronson Arroyo has been 100x times more than I (and everyone else who laughed) thought he would be for the Reds, Aaron Harang continues to be a solid starter among the league leaders in K's this year, Elizardo Ramirez has an ERA of 3.69 currently which most teams would take out of their #4, Eric Milton has cut down on the HRs and been at least respectable 4.14 ERA this year, the only problem has been that 5th hole both Claussen and Williams has pretty much pitched their way out of it and tonight Joe Mays pitched good enough to win.

The pen has been without Matt Beilisle for a lot of the season, they just DFA'd Rick White, need to/eventually will DFA Chris Hammond, Mike Burns, etc. Wayne Krivsky and the new owners have shown they WILL make moves that seem to be needed. They will find some relievers whether it be someone from the farm like Phil Dumatrait from AAA or go out and trade for someone, they will not sit idlely by and wait for the collapse. The Reds will finish in 2nd place this year. Mark it down!!!
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Slyder, you're a damn homer.

3 points to DryWitty. He wins! Face time!

I would first like to thank dry for his greatness early on. Slyder...you are a tough competitor but not tough enough lol...GO USA TMRW!!!!! I would love to be on the show more often.

General, your bleeping league is bleeping rigged!

The Black Sox scandal of S3!

Free soda!

Show's over!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234