Thread: A Question regarding logos...

AA ERA

A Question regarding logos...

Hey all you logo designers, I'm relatively new to this board (joined primarily for Crazy's league but have become fascinated with the baseball talk) and was curious as to what you all use for the logos. I have both Illustrator CS and Photoshop CS, where I am proficient at a few things from Illustrator at the moment, though would like to improve. Some of these logos impress me, especially those done by ghettochild and Element, and was curious as to know how exactly you begin designing these? They seem as if they are extremely complex, yet simplistic at the same time. If anyone has some pointers, or would be willing to show a .AI, .PDF, or .PSD file of something that I may be able to look at. Don't worry, I'm not looking to steal or plaigerize (sp? word choice?), I am just looking to improve in something that interests me. Thanks.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Aww, my work never seems to impress.

Most design work here is done with Photoshop. The best advice if you are unfamiliar with the program is to just going through tutorials that cover a wide spectrum of topics. The more you learns the in's and out's of the program, the more you'll learn what it is capable of. And with that and experimentation, what works and what doesn't in the particular direction that you are headed. Personally I don't think there is one techinique or skill I can recommend more than just experimentation because after awhile with that, you'll start to develop your own unqiue style. Good luck.

AA ERA
    I didn't mean to offend and leave you out mission, I just didn't happen to see any of your sigs as of yet. But yeah, I figured I'd have to just go ahead and experiment. It seems like Illustrator is an easier program to use, but Photoshop appears to be the most widely used and better design tool, so it looks like I'll be attacking that one now.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I was just kidding around man.

Anyway (from personal experience, I don't know if this holds true with others) if you can get a grip on Photoshop, usually you can more easily learn the other products in the Adobe family since a lot carries over.

Dude, no offense to Ghetto or MsFan, but Mission and Element make the best sigs. Mish and Element are the sig gods of the web.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I was just kidding around man.
    I know, but I thought I'd clarify myself in case Alexis Rios or Jeff Francis soon come up in a future trade talk
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

MLB ERA
    I wouldn't say god.

I mostly taught myself everything in Photoshop. I got my start checking out the tutorials at good-tutorials.com. I kept using them until I got familiar with all photoshop has to offer.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    good-tutorials.com is the best place to start
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]