Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LaRue being shopped?

AA ERA
    Just found this quote in the Post here

With recent talk centered on what the Reds will do with their trio of catchers, Narron threw another question mark into the equation Friday. He said he had been impressed with Dane Sardinha.

"Dane Sardinha has played well this spring," Narron said. "I've been impressed with the way he's caught."

Asked if he thought one of the catchers would be traded, Narron said, "This time of the year, it's probably doubtful."

But he also allowed this: "Everybody's looking at catchers, and we've got four of them."
    Great two face quote there. I really dont know what to think of all of this, but you would have to think something would happen. The doubtful quote really throws me. How can that be said when a few days ago they traded for Ross?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    OMG, you really have to believe there is something going on with Narron trying to show that we have 4 catchers. He wants to make it feel a little less crazy when they trade LaRue.

In other words, we may be seeing a fan favorite go for something we don't want.

MLB ERA
    Uh-oh. Tony Graffanino was put on waivers today. The chance to get an average 2B for free (Well, okay, he's owed like $2 million this year)? No way we can pass that.

AA ERA
    Good point Geki. We need an upgrade for Menechino and he is the perfect solution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123