Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor League Discussion

MLB ERA
    Claussen and Aurilia to DL, Keisler and someone else up.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    I would say either Romano or Lopez with the edge probably going to Romano since they brought up Bergolla for Pena. Sleeper would be Kelly. But I think they like Romano too much not to call him up.

Stats for the 2:
    Kelly: .323 2 HR 7RBI, 8BB, 26K, 7SB, 2CS, .376OBP, .441SLG
    Romano: .313 1 HR 17RBI, 5BB, 17K, 3SB, 1CS, .342OBP, .443SLG

Numbers edge goes to Kelly, but I will believe it when it happens.

MLB ERA
    If the numbers give it to Kelly, that means O'Brien's buddy Romano will get called up.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Same here. Keisler may get the call from the Claussen injury. Even though it is for just a few day more than likely.

AA ERA
    Louisville lost today 3-1

Box score

Kelly and EdE went 1-4
    Valentine pitched 1 inning with no hits and a K

AA ERA
    Chattanooga won today 5-2

Box score

Denorfia went 2-4 with 2 RBI and 2K

AA ERA
    Sarasota won today 11-1

Box score

Votto went 1-6 but had his 4th HR of the year and struck out twice
    Ruiz went 1-3 with 3RBI, 3 walks, and 1 K

AA ERA
    Dayton lost today 6-4

Box score

Janish continues to struggle going 0-5
    Bailey pitched well today. 5IP 3 hits, 0 runs, 4 walks and 5K

AA ERA
    Tibits from ondeckbaseball.com

RF Chris Denorfia was 4-for-5 with 2 doubles and a run scored for the Lookouts. Denorfia is going to make a good reserve outfielder in the bigs. He brings it to the park every day. The hustling 24-year-old leads the SL in runs scored (32) and extra-base hits (21), and he places 9th in batting (.338). RHP David Shafer made his Double-A debut with Chattanooga, surrendering one unearned run on 2 hits and 2 walks in one inning. Shafer has pretty much handled A-ball in his pro career, so it's time to find out what he can do against deeper line-ups.

MLB ERA
    good to see denorfia rippin it up
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I remember taking a look at Denorfia in ST and I did not like what I saw. But he has surprised me so far this season. Good for him.

MLB ERA
    Why dont we try to package some of these OFs and get some legitimate pitching into the big squad immediately and let guys like Ramirez get more time at Louisville? Seems like theres about a half a dozen guys who would likely at least be called up to the big league team if an opening were there.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AA ERA
    I agree Slyder. It would seem like someone like Smitherman would also be a good 4th OF. But obviously he will never play for the Reds unless 6 OF gets hurt. You would think we could package a few of them for a MR.

AA ERA
    Article from Louisville Courier-Journal

Bats fall to Norfolk 3-1, but not all the news is bad
    By Brian Bennett
    The Courier-Journal

If Triple-A baseball is mostly about development, then consider yesterday a success for the Louisville Bats.

They sent their third young player to the Cincinnati Reds since Monday and had a pitcher just up from Double-A make a strong first impression.

But for those more interested in winning, the day did not turn out as well. The short-handed Bats fell 3-1 to Norfolk at Louisville Slugger Field in a battle of patchwork pitching staffs.

The Reds called up the Bats' scheduled starter for yesterday, Elizardo Ramirez, to take the roster spot of injured shortstop Rich Aurilia. The Bats handed the ball to Miguel Saladin, who last started a game in rookie ball in 1998.

"He's a veteran guy, so he was prepared," manager Rick Sweet said. "He came to the park and said, 'I'm starting? Oh, OK.' "

Saladin (0-1) gave up two hits in each of his three innings but managed to hold the Tides to two runs. Reliever Allan Simpson allowed another run in two innings, and Brad Salmon tossed three perfect frames in his Triple-A debut.

Norfolk had its own pitching issues, as Blake McGinley made just the third start of his professional career. The left-hander faced only one batter over the minimum until the fourth, when back-to-back singles by Alex Pelaez and A.J. Zapp led to Luis Lopez's RBI pinch-hit.

Juan Padilla (2-0) then came in and turned out the lights, striking out five batters in a row at one point.

The Bats had seven hits, all singles. Their hardest-hit ball -- a line drive by Stephen Smitherman -- was snared by first baseman Brian Daubach for a game-ending double play.

Ramirez's promotion, along with the recent call-ups of William Bergolla and Todd Coffey, left the Bats three players short of their roster limit. Today the team will add pitcher Brian Rose, who had been rehabbing an injured left ankle.

AA ERA
    Dayton Daily News
    Dragons waste Bailey's gem

By the Dayton Daily News

CLINTON, IOWA | The Dayton Dragons let one get away.
    Dayton took a 3-0 lead into the bottom of the eighth inning Wednesday against Clinton, with Brad Morenko and his 0.60 ERA — second best in the Midwest League — on the mound. But the Lumber Kings rallied for six runs, then hung on in the ninth to beat the Dragons, 6-4, handing Dayton its second straight loss.

Dayton got on the board against Lumber King starter Michael Schlact in the top of the second inning, picking up the run on two hits and an RBI groundout.

Chris Kroski picked up a one-out single and moved to third base on a double by Habelito Hernandez. Craig Tatum drove the run home on a grounder to short, his 11th RBI on the season.

The Dragons added to the lead with a pair of runs in the fifth on doubles by Hernandez, Drew Anderson and Phil Gentry.

Homer Bailey tossed five shutout innings to match his longest start of the season. He scattered three hits, struck out five and walked a season-high four in running his personal scoreless streak to 15 innings.

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast