Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    You know, I hate Stuart Scott's retarded ghetto shit, but at least he's not Fred Hickman. How this guy got on Sportscenter, I'll never know. He stutters constantly, speaks in a monotone, and now he feels the need to try to be a gangster or something. Sportscenter has degenerated into something nearly unwatchable, and with people like Kirk Gimenez on ESPNews (DOMINICANO!), it's on its way there as well.

MLB ERA
    Most of them are awful.

Frankly, although she seems a bit cocky at times, Linda Cohn is still one of the best ones they have. She is sometimes funny and is good at calling the action, etc. A few others are decent, but most of them are pathetic.

I don't like that idiot John Kruk. He is even worse than Gammons for me. At least Gammons says SOME smart things at times, despite his ridiculous trade rumors. Kruk might be a decent enough guy, but he doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about.

A few of the guys on the College Hoops show are good, such as Jay Bilas and Andy Katz. Sean Salisbury and a few others on the NFL show are pretty good too, but they are the exceptions rather than the rule.

And I like a decent number of the guys on ATH and PTI, but none of them really work for ESPN, other than Paige.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Another interesting note about what this D-Backs, Reds game did for the series:

The Bengals beat the Cardinals 2 of 3 times:

Bengals 17, Cardinals 3
    Cardinals 6, Bengals 2(I forget who had our Safety )
    Bengals 13, Cardinals 6

Winning by a TD and two TDs isn't bad at all, despite the loss in the second game.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Of the Sportscenter anchors, the only ones I really like anymore are Scott Van Pelt and John Anderson. I don't like Dan Patrick anymore. Mayne and Eisen need to come back as anchors as well. On BBTN, I really can't stand anyone. Kruk and Reynolds are idiots, Gammons and Kurkjian don't ever say anything nice about someone besides the Yankees or Red Sox, and Bowa and Phillips are unbearable. Bowa still loves the Phillies, while Phillips seems to hate all Mets players with a passion, unless it's someone he traded for or signed. I can't stand Sean Salisbury on the NFL Live crew, but I like almost everyone else they've got.

MLB ERA
    Van Pelt and Anderson aren't bad. Patrick really has went downhill...and I agree about Mayne/Eisen. I actually like Harold Reynolds. He does say some stupid stuff, but I like some things he says, and he seems to at least try to be fair to all teams.

I just have to agree to disagree on Salisbury.

MLB ERA
    I mostly hate Salisbury because he's such a Vikings homer and a Packers hater, and I'm a Packers fan, but he is an idiot. But I think we can all agree that nobody is as bad as Skip Bayless.

On another note, did you hear about the ultimatum that Zimpher gave Huggins? Resign or be fired. Now that she's done that, UC's probably going to come in dead last in the Big East and lose a large amount of recruits and transfers. I hate Nancy Zimpher.

MLB ERA
    As I said on the other board...I am thrilled about this move to dump Huggins. I have wanted it to happen for a while as I'm sick of his immoral tendencies and undisciplined teams.

MLB ERA
    Immoral tendencies? He had one goddamn DUI. He can't help that Don Little or Roy Bright are thugs, but he does a damn good job of getting untalented teams into the tournament every single year.

MLB ERA
    I just think he's an immoral individual in more ways than one. The fact that he would recruit Little and Bright to begin with shows a lot. He could have recruited more quality individuals who were still pretty good players.

And as I always say...getting to the tournament doesn't mean much. Only winning National Championships matters ultimately. Just as my current school about that. Just ask the St. Louis Cardinals and other real organizations about that.

I hadn't even heard about this Huggins situation until someone I met at my Journalism introduction meeting this afternoon who told me. I was discussing it with several others(and there are a lot of big Sports nuts in the Communications(Journalism) program here...good for me!!) and they all seemed to agree about Huggins. The perception away from UC and UC fans of Huggins is not a good one, and to me that's just as important as anything.

I still think the team can win and I think it will, even if we have a minor drop in W's for a couple of years.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Any rumors of possibilities who would replace Huggins? This is the first I have heard about it (busy day.)

MLB ERA
    I just don't know how he's supposed to see the future. Bright and Little were both good kids that were supposed to come in and be quality people in the program. I don't think Huggins could know that Bright would carry a gun or Little would torture his roommate. We're not gonna see a minor drop, we're gonna see some losing seasons. Immensely tougher schedule and weak recruiting classes are gonna kill us.

MLB ERA
    Kennedy is the interim head coach, and apparently the university has no idea who they're going to replace him with. It makes no sense to do it at this time.

MLB ERA
    I haven't heard any rumors yet, but I might try to find out through a couple sources of mine at the site I wrote for UC about for a while. One of them is from Columbus and has some sources, so I might try to find out.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I am really worried with how this will effect our recruitment quality, the fact is a lot of players wanted to play for Huggins. I would be ok with this move if a solid plan was in mind but that doesn't seem to be the case (from the little I know.)

MLB ERA
    I think Kennedy is an upgrade over Huggins.

It sounds like Mariotti(who worked at The Cincy Post and had lots of insights into his "Thuggery"), Paige and Jackie Mac(along with Reali) all agree with me. They were just getting some good chuckles over Thuggins.

Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast