Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

i've been thinking about that a lot too mission. I'm always intrigued by little oddities like the reds road record. It doesn't really seem like a coincidence at this point, but why would they dislike playing on the road so much? I know the home crowd gets in some people's heads, and certainly all the ballparks have to play a factor, but it's getting pretty out of hand. Do they not feed them on the planes or something? Are they sleeping on the streets or partying all night? I don't get it.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    I got an idea have the caters travel with the team and do all pregame meals and see if they cant make it feel more like a home game.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

I see most of the OG's are back from the MLB forum.I wondered where Claussen was,I figured it would have to be Dunn.lol

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    i've been thinking about that a lot too mission. I'm always intrigued by little oddities like the reds road record. It doesn't really seem like a coincidence at this point, but why would they dislike playing on the road so much? I know the home crowd gets in some people's heads, and certainly all the ballparks have to play a factor, but it's getting pretty out of hand. Do they not feed them on the planes or something? Are they sleeping on the streets or partying all night? I don't get it.
    It really is quite odd. Like 10-20 on the road I can see, we are a bad team after all but this record of 6-24 is just sad. Maybe like you said they are out partying too much; supposedly Miley runs an extremely loose clubhouse. Either it's an attitude problem or they just aren't properly preparing for these road trips. This is an issue that needs to be addresed because like you said, it doesnt seem like a coincidence.

And really it's not just the road record, it's the difference between road and home. It would be one thing if the reds were say 8-24 on the road and 14-21 at home. Then you would just say, damn the reds are terrible, and move on.

But only the baltimore, boston, chicagosox, washington, philly, new yorkmets, st. louis and sandiego have won as many games at home as the reds. That's a pretty good list. only new york has a losing recored, and most are in first place.

So if the reds are playing with the big boys at home, why are they playing with the scrubs on the road? only colorado, houston, oakland and tampa bay have as many losses on the road. It doesn't make sense.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I had five White Castles for lunch today.... I am starting to regret that decision.

MLB ERA
    Mmmmm, White Castle. Their burgers are so addicting.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I love White Castle. It's not something I can eat all the time and really enjoy it but when you got the craving, you really have to find your way to one to pick up a few.

MLB ERA

FTW
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I love White Castle. It's not something I can eat all the time and really enjoy it but when you got the craving, you really have to find your way to one to pick up a few.

Yeah, I agree. "The taste you crave", as the box says. I've been in UDF crave mode lately(GIANT CHOCOLATE SHAKES!!!), BTW. I hate to support Lindner, but I've had a shake almost every single day, and probably will again tomorrow(today) after leaving Kings Island tomorrow night.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Get the brooms, my Red mates..because you will get swept by the Braves. Bad series for the Reds pitching-wise so far, but it's been a bad year for the Reds pitching-wise so far.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    One more game in this series..

please sweep us. please.

i hope the cards sweeep us too and the indians. keep on losing baby. cant wait to see miley and obrien fired.

Will do with pleasure.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Get the brooms, my Red mates..because you will get swept by the Braves. Bad series for the Reds pitching-wise so far, but it's been a bad year for the Reds pitching-wise so far.
    This has been a bad decade 'pitching-wise', and Im guessing it isnt getting better anytime soon. I cant believe Im saying this, but thank GOD for the Bengals getting ready to start up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!