Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Random Reds Rumblings

ok. I will let you be the leader. I have no problems with that. I will just go with the thought of great minds think alike.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Krivsky is definitely looking at these M's arms as additions to the Reds in a trade. Guaranteed.
    I would eat my hat if Griffey is traded to the Mariners. Reds fans would of loved to of brought Sweet Lou back last season but just because the fans desire, doesn't mean the genie (GM) will grant their wish. Let's not fall victim to the hype machine now.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Again, at work tonight until 5 AM.

Have to miss the game.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Random Reds Rumblings

you better get TIVO or something. Then you can still watch your game.

MLB ERA

Just finished my first week at a newspaper here in Indiana (a little north of Indianapolis) as a sports/education reporter. Award-winning, small paper. A good job for me coming right out of school to get started in the industry and I'm excited about it. Had three articles published this week already (our managing editor liked them, which is always a good sign).

Will be staying here this weekend(hope to head home next weekend and as many of the coming weekends as possible to go to some Reds games, Kings Island, etc.) and will be around for the game tonight. Someone coming tomorrow and will be here until Sunday evening so probably won't be here for those games.

Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and part of the reason behind my lack of posting much recently. Hope to start posting more now that I'm settled in to the job a bit.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's great to hear man. I was excited for you when you mentioned the job opportunity a while back and I am glad to hear that it's gone well so far. Does you paper have an online site where we could check out your first article?

MLB ERA

Thanks and yeah it does:

The Times, Frankfort, Indiana

Look under the local news tab on the left side and you can find them there. Those who know my name will be able to find the articles. I will try to post them here later for those who don't want to go to the site.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

CRF, I can't wait to read them bro. Congrats on the job man! You are beginning stages to a great career I am sure of it. I envy where you are at now already. Great wrok on getting to where you are now bro.

Turn 2

That is such an awesome job. I really want to work in sports journalism someday and actually next year my senior year I am doing my senior project on Orioles sportsanchor woman Amber Theoharris and the position she hold for the club as an on field analyst. That is the job I really want after I graduate college in a few years. I hope my Senior project is fulfilled.

Great Job on your awesome new postion.

MLB ERA

Thanks a lot, redsr! I look forward to your reading of what I've done so far.

I am definitely excited about this and enjoying it.

Plus, other than the events/meetings I have to attend (which count as my 40 hours per week), I get to control working hours. Most work an average of nine hours per day Mon-Thurs so they can leave by around noon on Friday. Get there around or a little after 7 a.m. (or by 8 a.m.) and out by 4 or 5 p.m. most of the time so far. The pay isn't huge for sure but is not bad for a starting job and considering it's Indiana and not Washington, DC or something.

And also thanks to you too, Turn. I hope the project goes well for you and good luck getting into the field!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Read your articles a moment ago. I love how you started out the principal one with the power metaphor. Very creative.

It has to be nice to see your name in the paper. Award winning paper at that. Well on your way bro!

MLB ERA

Rumors are running regarding Narron being fired after the game today.

I am trying to confirm that but have been unable to so far. I will update if I can confirm.

For what it's worth; I called the Reds front offices numbers and dialed Narron's extension. His phone rang a number of times before going to him saying "Jerry Narron" followed by a beep. I didn't leave a message but take his messages still being on there for what it's worth.

MLB ERA

In other news, I'm going to try to get it so I have a press pass to the Bengals games(or at least some of them) this coming season. Someone else at the newspaper got to go to all Colts games through the AFC Championship game (in the press box). The paper is not quite close enough to downtown Indianapolis to have allowed him to get access to a Super Bowl press pass, but I would take through the year and the rest of the playoffs. I'm not sure I'll get paid for doing it but I might get in free(having a press pass does that) and get to sit in the press box during the game/get fress press box food. That would be fun.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's a good start for sure as I am sure journalism is a bit of a different beast than business for instance (where it's easier to get into a bigger organization and you then deal with the climb up, instead of climbing up through the papers you work for.) Even without seeing the name, some of your articles that you were able to write a bit more on had your writing style to for sure which is neat to see, from the forums to the big show. Good lucky buddy.

As for the Reds, I've been hearing the same things as yourself but you're a bit closer to the sources. At this point though, too little too late, had Rcast did this in late May.... we might have a chance if he brought in someone competent and got another couple bullpen arms for setup.

MLB ERA

Yeah, thanks mission.

If anyone wants Jerry Narron's office number(though you could find it if you wanted to) I will give it to you so you can hear his voice for possibly the last time. I know that is not a sound I will soon forget if he is in fact gone.

Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast