Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

I figure most have seen this by now, but here is the latest "vote of confidence" from Castellini :

Castellini maintains status quo
    Reds CEO: Team better than record
    BY JOHN FAY | JFAY@ENQUIRER.COM

Reds CEO Bob Castellini sounded downcast Friday. It would be hard for him not to, with the way his club is playing.

But even though the Reds now have the worst record in baseball, Castellini isn't promising a shakeup or big changes.

"We're taking it day by day," he said. "We're trying to get better."

He reiterated that there will be no management change: The jobs of field manager Jerry Narron and general manager Wayne Krivsky are safe.

Link to Poll: What should Reds do now?

"We're much better than we've played," Castellini said. "But the results sure don't show it, do they?"

The Reds lost three of four to the Washington Nationals to start an eight-game homestand. The Nationals came to town with the worst record in the National League.

Two of those losses came after Castellini addressed the club.

"I just encouraged them," he said.

The Reds are in a similar position to where the Houston Astros were two years ago and where the Minnesota Twins were last year. Both teams turned it around and made the playoffs. The Astros made it to the World Series.

"I know we've played as poorly as we can play," Narron said. "We're capable of playing better. But our margin of error is not very great. If we make any kind of mistake, we get beat. We've got to play better all-around baseball."

The Reds are getting some help. Reliever Gary Majewski came back Thursday night, and closer Eddie Guardado begins a rehabilitation assignment Monday.

"Getting Majewski back was a huge lift," Narron said. "Getting Eddie Guardado back would be a huge lift. You can set up your bullpen a lot better with Majewski and Guardado. We're not counting on Eddie until he's back. But the way Majewski threw last night, that's one step in the right direction."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

A funny (yet pretty lame/dumb) video promoting a local meteorologist (Derek Beasley) has been running lately. A video clip so you can hear the words (turn up the volume to hear this one though!) is included. The reason I'm posting is it is because I figured if anyone wanted to, they could try to make up some "Jerry said it would..." lyrics or "Krivsky said it would..." or "Bob said it would..." lyrics or something similar that could be pretty funny. I am not sure why I tied this to the Reds but it could provide some humor on these cloud-filled days:

Derek Said It Would Promo #1 - Video - WLWT Cincinnati
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Saber has a new article up!

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...tml#post285188

Check it out fellas. If you are in a sim league, he can be of great use to you. Go give him support and drop a comment for him.

Also, don't forget about Digg, delicious, and YardBarker. If you don't know what that is, just check out my signature. Click on the link given and it will take you to an excellent tutorial on this very thing.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Game thread for game 1 of St. Louis, will anyone else be able to make it? The reason I ask is because I'll flip my schedule around to make it, but obviously talking up the game to yourself is no fun considering that that we played 2-6 versus bottom feeders (like ourselves) recently and 1-2 in a Rockies series that I believe we should of swept.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    A funny (yet pretty lame/dumb) video promoting a local meteorologist (Derek Beasley) has been running lately. A video clip so you can hear the words (turn up the volume to hear this one though!) is included. The reason I'm posting is it is because I figured if anyone wanted to, they could try to make up some "Jerry said it would..." lyrics or "Krivsky said it would..." or "Bob said it would..." lyrics or something similar that could be pretty funny. I am not sure why I tied this to the Reds but it could provide some humor on these cloud-filled days:

Hey CRF30,thank's for putting a face to that commercial.I always hear that commercial on WLW on the Reds internet feed on mlb.com

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I will be here for sure mission.

Anyone else planning on hanging out for the gamethread?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post

''Cincinnati's got a lead for the bullpen to blow,Jerry's gonna keep you in the know''.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

New article is up. I attempted a mock draft. Check it out!

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...tml#post286469

Also, if you get a chance you can help us out by following some steps outlined in my signature. That is, of course, only if you like the article.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I guess some people didn't appreciate my post this morning about the Yankees. I was just being stupid and did't mean any harm by it. It was made to make people laugh. I appoligise.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Thanks bro, its not that it wasn't appreciated. Its just that we try and keep things a little sane around here. Be funny for sure, but try not to offend people.

Anyhow, would be nice if the real you would come out and post on the Red Sox forum. There is an awful lot to talk about when it comes to them his year.

Ok, later bro.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Hoit Hoit

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Hoit Hoit

Dude, you are going to have to get a better signature than that too bro. I willshowyou later tonight how to do it.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I think I figured it out. I'm new at this so bear with me. I checked out the reds sox stuff and there is nothing new on it so I might chat with you guys for a while.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I am working tonight fellas. So sorry for not making a gamethread. Feel free to start one if you guys would like though. I just can't watch the game tonight or tomorrow night.

MLB ERA

I will do PBP on a game thread if someone makes it.

Otherwise I'll assume no one wants PBP or a thread.

Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast