Page 78 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And I think the depth of your ego has no bounds.
    rf28

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    bipster, you're misssing the point.

I'm not saying there's anyone to replace Lewis.

I wouldn't have hired him in the first place, which shows my point about how pathetic the franchise is to begin with to hire him.
    No, you're missing the point. I simply was asking a question of who some of the people that you think is attainable by the franchise that you would have replace Marvin Lewis. The past is the past (as far as hiring Lewis), I am simply asking for your input on a prospective resolution to this franchise. I really could care less either way as I am a Dolphins fan and have plenty to worry about.......just looking for your answers if you were to take over the GM job tomorrow.

MLB ERA
    Did I say (8-8) or did I say (8-8)?!

I guess everyone is content with at best average teams under Lewis.

Cowher does it at PBS again.

I'm pleased Marvin hired the brilliant Bresnahan to coach the defense.

These .500 seasons are getting really old.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    And still no list of names as to who you are going to hire to replace Marvin.

And, I actually seem to remember you also saying something to the effect that you wouldn't be surprised if they finished 6-10.
    I wouldn't be stunned to see us only win a couple more games. Heck, we did that under the Coslet, LeBeau and Shula period a couple times (6-10).
    So, I guess that makes you 1-1 on your guesses of final records. Nostradamus, you are not.....or maybe you are as he guessed at a lot of things and eventually got some right too. So, either way, way to go.

Other predictions that you appear to be wrong on...
    1)Kentucky going in the wrong direction (currently 11-3) I'll take a 79% winning percentage anyday

2)Mick (and Cincinnati) in the right direction - 9W 5L with brutal losses to Ohio St, Memphis and bad losses to Wofford (5-9 0-3 in their weak conference) and Ohio
    *NOTE- I am currently wrong on this too, as well as many other things

3) The Steelers being clutch this year (umm no playoffs after a SuperBowl is far from it

4) The Pirates being better than the Reds the last 2 years

5) Who knows

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, 4 non losing seasons after 14 losing ones doesn't suck. If Graham can hit a relatively routine field goal, we go to the playoffs.

If we were in the NFC, we'd be in.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Well, 4 non losing seasons after 14 losing ones doesn't suck. If Graham can hit a relatively routine field goal, we go to the playoffs.

If we were in the NFC, we'd be in.
    That is kind of the point that I was thinking about.

Records:
    1990: 9W 7L under Wyche
    1991: 3W 13L under Wyche
    1992: 5W 11L under Shula
    1993: 3W 13L under Shula
    1994: 3W 13L under Shula
    1995: 7W 9L under Shula
    1996: 8W 8L Shula (1-6) Coslet (7-2)
    1997: 7W 9L under Coslet
    1998: 3W 13L under Coslet
    1999: 4W 12L under Coslet
    2000: 4W 12L Coslet (0-3) LeBeau (4-9)
    2001: 6W 10L under LeBeau
    2002: 2W 14L under LeBeau
    2003: 8W 8L under Lewis
    2004: 8W 8L under Lewis
    2005: 11W 5L under Lewis
    2006: 8W 8L under Lewis

Couple of points:
    1)Coslet, and Shula were both given much longer leashes with much worse records and weren't fired after consecutive seasons of only winning a combined 6 and 7 games. Therefore, Lewis isn't going to be fired, which I am sure you know.

2)You weren't exactly the Cowboys of the 90's or the Patriots of the last few years before Lewis came on. He is the coach that brought the organization back from the dumps (in spite of the ownership), why wouldn't you give him a couple more years to get you over the hump, instead of firing him just for the sake of firing him........and not having anyone noteworthy waiting in the wings to take you to the next level. About the only thing that Lewis can truly be criticized for in my mind is the fact that when he was hired he spoke of bringing in character individuals.........that he clearly hasn't done.

Before Lewis:
    13 yrs 64 wins only 2 seasons of 8 wins or better (best 3 year run is 22wins)

In Lewis first 4 years he has 35 wins never finished below .500 and has 27 wins in in two different 3 year runs or 9 wins a season

MLB ERA
    The Astros are looking at bringing in free agents Paul Wilson and Pedro Astacio to compete for rotation spots.
    Since they traded their fourth starter for someone they want to be a No. 2 in Jason Jennings, the Astros still have two open rotation spots. It'd be nice if they had one more sure thing before dipping into the Wilson-Astacio-Ortiz pool of free agents, but the Carlos Lee signing left them with little flexibility.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    Bengals have alot of talent. I'm not sure why they faultered.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Maybe too many distractions (arrests). I know the team didn't want to admit the off-field stuff, but it has to take its course and be a disruption to the clubhouse. Just a thought

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quick heads up everyone. I am off to Iraq for the next few months. Just wanted to let all of you know. Here is to hoping we have a great team by the time I get back.

Take care,

Go Reds!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Quick heads up everyone. I am off to Iraq for the next few months. Just wanted to let all of you know. Here is to hoping we have a great team by the time I get back.

Take care,

Go Reds!

Keep your head bro, my prayers are with you, my dad was in Iraq for 16 months and i dreaded every day of it so just keep your head high and you'll do great. Wouldnt hold your breathe for the Reds playing well

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thanks man, I will definitely be holding my head high. I am actually looking forward to this one.

MLB ERA

Take care,

Go Reds!
    Best of luck to you man. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Make sure you stay safe and when you get back here I predict you will have a team that is still in the playoff race to root for. Take care

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Take care,

Go Reds!
    Sorry to hear man...my thoughts and prayers will be with you as well. I hope you have a safe journey and return home safely in time to see your Reds have a great season. We'll see you in a few months.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's going to be tough not having you around redsr. Godspeed bro.

In another notes of departure, Reds beat writer Marc Lancaster has left the gloomy outlook of the Cincy Post for brighter days (literally) down in Tampa Bay covering the D'Rays. If we had any Devil Rays fans (they're a rare bunch), I'd tell them that they're lucky to be getting a very capable guy like Marc. So now C. Trent Rosecrans (of UC coverage) is filling in for Marc at the Post.

Page 78 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast