Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Fire Marvin!

Fire Marvin!

Fire Marvin!

This guy is NOT a good coach. He is extremely overrated.

This team is getting blownout at home like they did before Lewis took over.

This team never takes the next step.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    They aren't even trying anymore here. They just stand around on every play.

This coaching reminds me a lot of Narron's.

This team is looking less and less like a playoff team.

Why can't we have a coach like the Colts do? Or the Steelers? Or the Ravens? Or the Bears?

There are SO many coaches better than Lewis.

It's time for his honeymoon to end. The guy is a joke.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Contract the Bungles!

The Bungles are back in town, the Bungles are back in town, the Bungles are back in toooowwwnnn!

This franchise is so bad it's not even funny.

I would be thrilled if the Reds and Bengals were contracted.

They aren't worthy of posing as professional teams.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Bengals are 3-1 and beat Pittsburgh! Palmer is coming off major knee reconstruction. Get off him! Its a miracle he's even out there.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    We were fortunate to beat Pittsburgh.

And Palmer's issues have had nothing to do with his injury.

He has simply been awful. His passes are very poor. He fumbles the ball constantly(and not during the exchange with the center). He has thrown a few dumb INTs.

He needs to pick it up if he wants to be taken seriously.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He led the league in TDs, completions, completion percentage, TD to INT ratio, and nearly led in passing yards last season. I think his injury has more to do with it than you think. It takes a good year for a player to be completely healed from such a catastrophic injury.

I also think Houshmandzadeh being hurt for the first two games hasn't helped either. Having Houshmandzadeh on the field means that the double team on Chad Johnson is negated. The difference between this year and last year is that the Bengals have taken fewer shots down field. That was their key last season and it has been notably absent so far this season. I blame Bob Bratkowski for that.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I don't think the injury has anything to do with it.

If he's still hurt to the point where he can't throw remotely accurate passes, he shouldn't be playing now.

I don't see the point about TJ. He was back last week and we won and then we lost this week.

I do agree about Bratkowski though. He is an idiot. I've always thought his play-calling is very uncreative and stupid.

And Chuck Bresnahan just seems clueless. He and Marvin don't appear to know how to coach a defense nor add talented players to one.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Nice season to the Red's fans!!!! You guys hung in there til the end!!!! Nice Job... Good luck in the off-season and next year!

MLB ERA
    Below average seasons aren't nice to me.

Although it really wasn't an unexpected season, since I predicted an (81-81) finish prior to the season.

MLB ERA
    Karma comes calling in Bengals' blowout loss

By Gregg Doyel

CBS SportsLine.com National Columnist

CINCINNATI -- The NFL doesn't usually have a sense of justice. Dallas receiver Terrell Owens can act like a buffoon during the week and then start Sunday at Tennessee. Chicago cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. can plead no contest amid allegations of a group assault and be the Bears' nickel back Sunday night against Seattle.

The NFL is a strange place, but in one corner of the league -- if only one -- justice was served Sunday.

New England beat the hell out of Cincinnati.

After a series of unabated criminal allegations off the field, the Bengals deserved this nationally televised humiliation. The final score was 38-13. It was harsh, but after six players were arrested this offseason, the Bengals had it coming.

Following months of willful impotence, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis threw an insufficient sacrifice onto the altar of decency before kickoff by deactivating one of the baddest of the Bengals' bad boys, receiver Chris Henry. Henry had been arrested four times in three states in seven months in the offseason, pleading guilty to a concealed weapons charge while also being accused of such splendid acts as DUI, marijuana possession and serving alcohol to underage girls.

After all that, Henry was allowed to play in the Bengals' first three games. And thank goodness. Without Henry making like Jerry Rice, the Bengals wouldn't have defeated Pittsburgh last week. He has been the team's most productive receiver this season, but after his role in teammate Odell Thurman's DUI arrest last week -- Henry, who was ordered to stay away from alcohol by a judge in a previous case, was spotted puking out the car window -- Henry was benched for this game.

The Bengals, who were held to less than half their 28.3-point scoring average, certainly could have used him. They could have used Thurman, for that matter. Thurman led the team with 148 tackles last season as a rookie linebacker, but was suspended for the first four games of 2006 after a second violation of the league's substance-abuse policy. He wasn't going to play Sunday, but the DUI arrest was considered a third violation of the league's policy, so now he won't play at all this season.

Without Thurman, the Bengals have been grinded up in consecutive games. Pittsburgh's Willie Parker ran for 133 yards last week, and the Patriots' Laurence Maroney gained 125 yards on 15 carries Sunday. Pats teammate Corey Dillon added 67 on 17 carries.

No Henry, no Thurman, no 4-0 start for Cincinnati. It seemed like a natural question afterward, so I asked tackle Willie Anderson if anyone in the locker room was upset with Henry or Thurman for taking themselves out of action. Anderson shook his head.

"They weren't doing my job," Anderson said, a good point considering the Bengals' O-line has allowed 15 sacks this season, including four Sunday. "I didn't expect any of those guys to do my job."

Anderson didn't like the question, but he understood it. One locker over, guard Bobbie Williams didn't understand. As Anderson was talking, the 6-foot-4, 345-pound Williams repeatedly looked over in disbelief.

"You're asking if anyone in here is mad at a teammate?" Williams said. "What kind of question is that?"

Right.

Anyway ... everyone at Paul Brown Stadium deserved this result. Everyone. The Patriots, coming off a 17-7 loss to Denver that had Boston in hysterics, deserved an enormous victory that will resonate around the league. Quarterback Tom Brady, whose body language was dissected all week -- as if he should have been skipping like a schoolboy during that 17-7 loss -- deserved to throw happily for 188 yards and two touchdowns.

Bengals fans, who have largely turned the other cheek as misbehaving players have turned the city into an NFL laughingstock, deserved this as well. The crowd of 66,035 made its displeasure known, booing several times, but never was a boo directed in the direction of linebacker A.J. Nicholson (arrested on charges of vandalism) or defensive end Frostee Rucker (spousal abuse). Never was a boo directed at guard Eric Steinbach (DUI in a boat). Never was a boo directed in absentia at Thurman or Henry.

No, but the crowd did boo every time Dillon touched the ball. With reason. Even as he was setting franchise records for carries and rushing yards, Dillon alienated the team and city from 1997-2003.

But when Dillon scored on fourth-and-goal to make it 31-13, there weren't many boos. There weren't many people left.

Bengals fans can tolerate a team full of thugs, but if there's one thing they won't watch, it's a team full of losing thugs.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Nice season to the Red's fans!!!! You guys hung in there til the end!!!! Nice Job... Good luck in the off-season and next year!
    Thanks Brewersfan, hopefully we'll see some new blood competiting for the Central with the always present Cardinals. It's a shame the Brewers couldn't ride the momentum they had last year or they could of won this easy division (as could of many other teams who all proved to be their worst enemy.) But with that young talent, they should bounce back.

MLB ERA
    The Brewers appear to still be LIGHT YEARS away from having the talent the Cards do.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Cardinals are the baseball team equivalent to the second coming of Christ, I get it CRF.

MLB ERA
    The yearly biterness from the many who envy the Cards on this site is starting to rear its ugly head I can see.

Some continue to refuse the reality about that franchise, even though I've tried to make it quite clear for some time.

There are real franchises and then losers.

We know where the Reds and Bengals fall when compared to the Cards, Steelers, etc.

Milwaukee is in that group too. That franchise could only dream of having the yearly skill the Cards do.

So much for all those who proclaimed they had so much "young talent."

The Cards are still proving to be FAR superior with no signs of anything changing.

BTW, it is becoming more clear all of the time that the Ravens' great defense from several years ago was much more a product of Brian Billick than of Marvin Clueless, who appears to have very little of an eye for talent on the defensive side of the ball.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    CRF, first off, I've kept quiet on this subject up to this point. I am not a Cardinals hater and for you to call me that shows you are seeking an argument. The Cardinals could of finished strong, they could of widen their once large lead (when I wrote the MVP article just a short time ago, I labeled them as a playoff lock), but they didn't. They let the Astros in who are always pesky and worse than that, they let the Reds back into the race. We were all but two games technically in contention, if the Cardinals truly are the talent you are claiming them to be, then that's sad. The fact is the NL Central was a beauty pagent for ugly girls, no matter who wins, that doesn't change the fact that she is just a bit less on the nasty side than the others. The Cardinals won, but it wasn't through clutch measures. It was because they had to save their own asses for the heat that their poor play put them into. I applaud them for holding onto the division, but for you to act as if their win was almost glamorous sickens me (and it would if you had done that if the Reds won, the NL Central was a nasty division and all the teams were their own worst enemies.)