Page 39 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    I will be at the UK/UNC game tomorrow at Rupp. It's going to be SO loud in there. The game is at Noon and is on CBS nationally for those who want to watch it.

UC is then on ESPN at 3 PM against VERY tough Memphis, who barely lost to Duke.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

So...Richie Gardner and Kevin Howard aren't protected from the Reds for the Rule 5 draft?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2rulefive.html
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    what in the wide bleu heck is the fo doing? Are they TRYING TO GET FIRED?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Danny Fortson just got kicked out for two technical fouls in the Cavs/Sonics game. He elbowed another player and the announcers speculate he could be suspended and fined.

Wow, if I remember correctly, that Forston dude went to UC and I think his Coach was that guy that used to scream a lot!

What a coincidence. That's unbelievable.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Let me get this straight, CRF. Huggins is immoral because he got a DUI and more than made amends for it, screams on the court, which no other basketball coaches do at all, and some of his players have gotten in trouble? Art Long punched a police horse. Huggins is not a babysitter, he's a basketball coach. Roy Bright came from a good house in a good neighborhood, excelled in school, and was supposed to be an all-around nice guy. And he gets caught carrying a gun. How is Huggins supposed to predict that? Calling him immoral is stupid, and one might think that if he was immoral as you say, he wouldn't have so much support from his players, the fans, opposing coaches, and even the referees that he shouted at. Of all the things that UC players have gotten into trouble for, I can think of one that was serious, and that's because Donald Little was apparently a goddamn lunatic.

Also, if the players are students first and basketball players second like Zimpher says, why don't the teachers or the school administration take some of the blame for them not passing the ridiculous NCAA graduation standards? Huggins teaches them basketball, not science or math.

Really, it seems you've simply sunk to trolling and making moronic threats at this point because you no longer have any logical argument. Answer me this: If Huggins was fired for the DUI, why didn't it happen for over a year? If he was fired for poor graduation rates, why did it happen after they had been constantly improving? If he was fired for players getting in trouble, why would Zimpher send him a letter about how valuable they are to the community and wait until players are staying out of trouble? Just admit that he was fired unreasonably out of a personal grudge Zimpher had and this can all go away.

MLB ERA
    I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

You are teetering on the edge of a cliff though. You better watch out.

MLB ERA
    I'm on the edge of a cliff because I'm making legitimate points and all you can do is try and stop me with threats? You're running with your tail between your legs at this point.

MLB ERA
    I made my points in a very long prior post. You ignored them. You are personally attacking me now and that's not tolerated on this forum. I would suggest stopping.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Danny Fortson just got kicked out for two technical fouls in the Cavs/Sonics game. He elbowed another player and the announcers speculate he could be suspended and fined.

Wow, if I remember correctly, that Forston dude went to UC and I think his Coach was that guy that used to scream a lot!

What a coincidence. That's unbelievable.
    As if getting kicked out of the game for two technical fouls is so shocking to basketball fans. Besides, Fortson hasn't been a Bearcat for almost ten years.

MLB ERA
    He was playing dirty. That's the point. Huggins was known for recruiting that type of player.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They all can't be Tim Duncan. Even Hall of Famers Karl Malone and John Stockton were dirty players.

MLB ERA
    Nice effort by UC today, IMO. This team will only improve as the season goes on. I think they learned a lesson from the Dayton game and will win their share. I think they can make the NCAA Tournament if they continue to improve.

MLB ERA
    Fortson doesn't play dirty, he plays rough. He doesn't undercut guys or take shots at their crotch when they go up for a rebound, he just battles it out. Huggins recruited (or, perhaps more accurately, created) hard-nosed, tough players who make up for inferior talent or size with superior effort and intensity. You call Huggins immoral because he got a DUI and shouts on the court and call a player dirty because he got two technicals in a game? That's pretty ridiculous. Did you see Kennedy shouting on the court today? Is he immoral as well?

And, for the record, Kennedy's crappy offensive philosophy is the reason UC lost today. They didn't have the personnel to run with Memphis and if they want to have any chance at winning some games in the Big East, they desperately need Chadd Moore to play huge, since he's the only true point guard on the team and he knows how to run a good break. Teams like Louisville, UConn, Syracuse, and Villanova are deeper, faster, and more talented than UC is, and the only way they'll have a shot against those teams is locking them down on defense, not turning the ball over, and taking good shots. They did none of those today.

MLB ERA
    Fortson was ejected from the game for his antics. Elbowing players is considered Thug-like by most with lofty standards. You're right, he both recruited and created players who show no respect for the game, who continue to embarrass the school with their police records and non-standard play on the court. Huggins is immoral not because of the screaming, but because of his behavior and because of the way he thinks on a variety of issues. I personally find him to be immoral, at least, although I have extremely lofty standards. The screaming just made me feel more ill will toward him because it was constant.

And I disagree about Kennedy's philosophy losing the game today. They lost the game because Memphis is a better team and because Kennedy is in a tough spot as a first time coach. He just lost an assistant coach and has little help from the fans at Fifth Third, who have been extremely poor in not supporting the seniors just because Huggins is gone. Callipari called out UC fans in the newspaper just a couple of days ago because of that very issue.

I actually think the offensive minded method of going about the game was the reason the team still had a chance until the very end. Memphis is simply a very good shooting team and made almost all of their shots, regardless of the defense. There were several possessions where UC played good D, but they still made shots. The fact that the team shot the ball fairly well in the 2nd Half kept them in the game. It would have been a blowout otherwise. I bet the team wouldn't have fared any better with Huggins' coaching today.This isn't the same Memphis team that we've had our way with for the most part over the last few years. They are a serious Final Four candidate, as mentioned several times by Rick Majerus(who also praised Kennedy's coaching several times if you noticed).

I seriously think the team will only get better over the course of the season. They'll learn Kennedy's offensive system more and the defensive improvements will go hand in hand with that. They have to take care of the ball better and continue to work hard on the rebounding. The stupid mistakes can't happen, because they don't have a large margin of error. I want to see Allen more involved in the offense. Having Chadd play will be big.

UK also needs to do many of the similar things. The rebounding must get better. The diffference is, the shooting is what needs to improve for them. That game was very frustrating to be at today, although it was also exciting.

MLB ERA
    mission, I see you're getting some significant freezing rain up there in Dayton. I would advise against going outside for the rest of the night. Of course I'm not saying you were planning on it anyway, but it really sounds dangerous up from Northern Kentucky and northward. What's funny is that there's a Severe Thunderstorm Watch that's been issued for areas just south of Lexington. Freezing rain in OH and Northern KY and severe storms in south-central KY, lol.

Page 39 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast