Page 36 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    If her brilliant plan includes 12 to 14 losses, last or second to last in the Big East, and (if they're good enough) a trip to the NIT, then they are right on track. They are going nowhere the next 2 to 3 seasons and Zimpher will get run out of town for it.
    The team will not finish in second to last in the Big East this year and I think they'll probably make the NCAA Tournament. Kennedy's coaching has been much better than Huggins' coaching already. He is emphasizing offense more, which is something I've been focusing on for the last several years. The results aren't quite there on offense yet, but we've missed a lot of easy shots and Hicks hasn't gotten going yet. The fast-break offense has been run well, we just haven't executed by making the easy shots.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Nuck Fancy.

And Nuck all of Fancy's supporters, CRF.
    Personal attacks aren't allowed. Please refrain.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    ...Haha. Teams under Huggins don't have close calls against Murray State. Kennedy's an okay coach, but he's not anywhere near Huggins. We're gonna see some poor defense all year and I'm expecting a losing conference record at the very best.

MLB ERA
    I'll quit making personal attacks when you quit making ignorant and asinine statements.

MLB ERA
    ...Haha. Teams under Huggins don't have close calls against Murray State. Kennedy's an okay coach, but he's not anywhere near Huggins. We're gonna see some poor defense all year and I'm expecting a losing conference record at the very best.
    The Murray State comment is ridiculous and I can prove it. We beat Murray State in the opener by four points in OT(79-75) against Huggins' former Assistant Coach, Mick Cronin. His team was (17-11) last year and is returning all starters this year. They are expected to win their conference and make the NCAA Tournament this year.

Let's go back to last year. On November 24th of last year(our second regular season game), we defeated Northern Iowa in Double OT by six points(76-70). Guess what Northern Iowa's record was last year? They were (21-11).

Murray State was very similar to Northern Iowa. In fact, I might give Murray an advantage with Mick Cronin as Coach. He was an assistant of the brilliant Huggins, wasn't he?

Some folks need to stop ignoring facts and stats on a consistent basis.

MLB ERA
    I'll quit making personal attacks when you quit making ignorant and asinine statements.
    Prove to me that Huggins is better than Kennedy. Prove to me that Zimpher doesn't have a plan and doesn't care about the academic and moral fiber of the school, along with the success of the basketball team. If you can, you'll have an argument. Until then, the only one who could possibly be accused of making asinine statements is you. Just because you were a huge Huggins fan doesn't mean you can avoid looking at the reality of things.

MLB ERA
    We lost that Murray State game if it wasn't for a nice non-call by the ref on White's "strip". Northern Iowa was an 11 seed in the NCAA tournament last year and almost beat Wisconsin in the tourney. We had to go to double overtime against NIU last year because the team shot less than 29% from the field while Northern Iowa shot 42%. That's not coaching, that's just how the shots fall sometimes. We shot better than Murray State and still just about lost that game. That's poor coaching, plain and simple.

MLB ERA
    Zimpher cares about nothing but her own ego. Huggins bruised it by not bowing down to her, and she fired him for it. It has nothing to do with improving the moral fiber of the school. She underestimated how much Huggins meant to the team and the fans, and she's going to regret it when the school can't bring in money with any of it's sport programs like she had hoped. The basketball program's academics really weren't any worse than the rest of the school, and it's not because of Huggins.

And one might think if Kennedy was such a good coach, he'd have gotten a head coaching job somewhere like Cronin did. Huggins took inferior talent and won every single year. Don't compare Kennedy to him.

MLB ERA
    We lost that Murray State game if it wasn't for a nice non-call by the ref on White's "strip". Northern Iowa was an 11 seed in the NCAA tournament last year and almost beat Wisconsin in the tourney. We had to go to double overtime against NIU last year because the team shot less than 29% from the field while Northern Iowa shot 42%. That's not coaching, that's just how the shots fall sometimes. We shot better than Murray State and still just about lost that game. That's poor coaching, plain and simple.
    Oh, come on. You're blaming the refs. here? Murray State might well receive a similar seed this year. Cronin was considered Huggins' best assistant/recruiter. Pitino picked him up because of that. We shot poorly against NIU last year...exactly. That happened a lot of Huggins' teams. We didn't play very well defensively vs. Murray, but they are a good shooting team.

MLB ERA
    Zimpher cares about nothing but her own ego. Huggins bruised it by not bowing down to her, and she fired him for it. It has nothing to do with improving the moral fiber of the school. She underestimated how much Huggins meant to the team and the fans, and she's going to regret it when the school can't bring in money with any of it's sport programs like she had hoped. The basketball program's academics really weren't any worse than the rest of the school, and it's not because of Huggins.

And one might think if Kennedy was such a good coach, he'd have gotten a head coaching job somewhere like Cronin did. Huggins took inferior talent and won every single year. Don't compare Kennedy to him.
    The first part is pure speculation and I think she will and already is improving things. The team is getting talked about in a more favorable light nationally when it comes to their standards academically.

As for Kennedy... he's only been with UC for the last five years. He is still young for a Coach. He will get his chance elsewhere if not at UC.

As for Huggins winning with inferior talent...first of all, we did little in the tournament recently. Secondly, that's the issue. We had to get inferior talent because of the academic standards of the school! Zimpher wants scholar athletes who succeed academically and athletically. Those players usually have more "talent."

MLB ERA
    We had inferior talent because it was a C-USA school that happened to be located in a horrible neighborhood. The academic standards of the school have nothing to do with Huggins, it has to do with the professors. It wasn't Huggins' job to get players who were smart, it was his job to get players who were good at basketball, and he did a mighty fine job of that. If a player is being recruited by, say, Cincinnati and Duke, he's never going to choose UC because it's a trashy school in a trashy neighborhood. I guess that's why Huggins had to go, because he wasn't a piece of trash like Zimpher.

MLB ERA
    We had inferior talent because it was a C-USA school that happened to be located in a horrible neighborhood. The academic standards of the school have nothing to do with Huggins, it has to do with the professors. It wasn't Huggins' job to get players who were smart, it was his job to get players who were good at basketball, and he did a mighty fine job of that. If a player is being recruited by, say, Cincinnati and Duke, he's never going to choose UC because it's a trashy school in a trashy neighborhood. I guess that's why Huggins had to go, because he wasn't a piece of trash like Zimpher.
    Ridiculous comments.

The neighborhood has nothing to do with it. UK(I'm here) is located in a not so great neighborhood and yet the school has maintained lofty standards academically and athletically. It can be done by those with high standards.

UL is in the city too and Pitino has done a better job than Huggins already. Give me a break.

AA ERA
    Nuck Fancy.

And Nuck all of Fancy's supporters, CRF.

Very Well said..

Nuck Fancy!!1

Fancy Nuckin ruined this college! lol

MLB ERA
    If all you care about is the recruitment of thugs who play "tough ball," then she might have ruined the school. If you care about building the program around scholar athletes, then she is in the process of building great things.

I must have different standards in a variety of areas, because I am at the opposite end of the spectrum here. I expect performance.

MLB ERA
    I care about UC having a good basketball team. Why should I care about how the students do? I'm not going to ever have any association with that school besides being a fan, and that's ending after this season.

Page 36 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast