Chris Sampson 5th career start 7ip 5hits 2er W
    Kyle Kendrick 3rd career start 6ip 6 hits 4er W
    JoJo Reyes 2nd career start 6.1ip 8hits 4 er L
    Yovani Gallardo 8th career start 6.2ip 6 hits 1 er W
    John Lannan 2nd career start 5.2ip 5 hits 2er W

Totals 38.2 ip 37 hits 15 er 5w 1L 3.53era

MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Sounds like Krivsky is calling all the shots in terms of who is in the lineup, etc:

"PETE'S INPUT: Mackanin is starting whomever Krivsky tells him to.

Some managers make that call.

"I'm just not in a position to make demands as to what I want," Mackanin said. "I have a good grip on the guys who are here. Some of the guys who are at the Triple-A level I don't know as much as I'd like. I'd always defer to people who recommend players.

"That's what Triple-A managers and GMs and farm directors do. They make recommendations. I'm fine with that.""

-John Fay
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Interesting conversation on Trent's blog. Sounds like Krivsky is mad at him as is the rest of the front office, but with the Post closing, Trent seems pretty gutsy. Here is some of the relevant chatter:

"no idea, va -- i would hope so, but have no idea. i mean, who knows what the krivdawg is thinking. i hear he's not too happy with me, but that's all i know

i think it was last night's second inning appearance. i said wayne was so tight right now that if i handed him a lump of coal, he'd give me back a diamond

the front office, i'm told, was not happy about it. marty got a call

Hahahahahaha. Oh, godalmighty. Hahhahahaha.

What did Brennaman say off-air after you said that?

Hahahahahaha.

Putting a losing team on the field is nothing worth keeping a secret. Everyone knows this team sucks. It's not like Krivsky's guarding classified information.

Except for the whole "not having a plan" thing.

Trent: i plead the 5th(on what Marty said off the air)

Ridiculous. Unless I'm mistaken, it's your job to see and report what you see.

I don't know of any good major league beat reporters who are loved by club management. The fact that he may be unhappy confirms that you are doing a good job.

Trent: the team could limit the second inning and not allow marty to bring in the beat writers. i'll be fine. i don't care if wayne's mad at me. i'm not too pleased with him.

Of course, he might complain to management at the Post ...

Trent: folks at The Post would laugh at him. so would i.

there's a liberating carte blanche with our current situation, i'll tell you that
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

A few thoughts from yesterday's (Saturday's) game:

*Livingston was good, though he was BABIP lucky with some of the fly balls tracked down.

*Speaking of which, Hopper's defense has been better lately than it had been earlier. Better routes, better jumps...just better. Still overrated offensively because his "little things" style game.

*Mentioned Elison's arm in a previous thread. Seems to be his best attribute since I haven't really seen much of him in the past. No starter to say the LEAST though.

*Funny incident with Griffey(was in row C in RF). In the 9th inning, these drunk guys a few rows over were yelling out where they wanted him to be positioned in RF after the game seemed in hand. They wanted him to go more toward CF. He did and then turned back toward them and held one of his hands up and looked toward them like "is this OK?" Everyone laughed. Then he did it again for another hitter after that. Very funny stuff.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Good ole Griffey. More of the same humor from him just makes it a joy to hear of the things not everyone knows about. Good stuff CRF.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hopper is fantastic.... off the bench. I wouldn't mind having a few of him at different positional capabilities to come into the game, I just hope the Reds don't confuse that talent for leadoff abilities on a regular basis.

MLB ERA

Yup and yup again.

Just the way Griffey did it was funny too. So sarcastic and funny and theatrical. Just typical Griffey style of humor.

And Hopper is definitely a good bench player. Can PH and such next year. Might be able to get one of his drag bunts in a key late-game situation.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Man, Harang has a 3 hitter going, but all three hits are dingers. Man, this guy is so under-rated!

MLB ERA

Dumatrait really is not a good pitcher, as myself and a few others pointed out before he was even called up. Poor selection. At least Elizardo has some upside. Would rather seem him take Dumatrait's next start. Of course the brilliant game-caller Jorgensen called him last night, so I'm stunned he didn't do better. Jorgensen sure talked him up a lot to those who said he wasn't very good and basically said "you'll see." Well, I still have a cloudy vision Ryan, and it's giving me a headache.

Here come the Cards. Watch out Brewers and Cubs because the situation could get dire very soon. Jocketty methodology has started going into full force. Could they again be a playoff level team? We will see soon. I imagine with Carpenter in the rotation all year the team would already be several games up on both the Brewers and Cubs and several games over .500 at least. I thought some said they were too old to even compete and had such little talent? Not so fast.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When we're upsetting the order of the NL Central, it shows you the strength of this division.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Congrats on your series win in Milwaukee. Especially with a nice comeback today!!

MLB ERA

Having Valentin and Jorgensen call games makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Good to see Elizardo get another shot in the rotation after a solid performance (can't look just at ERA because he was on a pitch count, plus his peripherals were good).

I'm hoping Dumatrait is not awful again tonight but am not expecting much.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am not expect much either, but let's hope Dunn and this offense stays hot and we'll score enough in the end.

MLB ERA

So much for that idea. Dumatrait didn't even give them a chance. Pathetic.

Gosling should be replaced by someone else who can go a few innings in Louisville. We all know what should happen with Stanton.

Why this team can't make seemingly obvious moves (at least to me) makes no sense at all.

Why did it take Elizardo until now to get a chance at the rotation? I wanted him before Dumatrait was even called up to go in that rotation spot.

Speaking of which; Belisle needs to keep getting his work in since this is his first year starting for such a long part of the season. I think he wore out some. I still think he could be a solid back of the rotation pitcher (at least) next year and beyond.

I hope the team realizes the rotation is one of the primary areas of concern in the offseason, as it has been. I have tried to say this team has not focused enough on the rotation still but they don't seem to be listening. Of course a couple good bullpen arms are needed too, but a Burton, Bray, Weathers(since I guess he will stil lbe here) and probably Coutlangus group should be a decent middle-late inning relief group, along with Salmon(if the organization will let him) and possibly McBeth.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    So much for that idea. Dumatrait didn't even give them a chance. Pathetic.

Gosling should be replaced by someone else who can go a few innings in Louisville. We all know what should happen with Stanton.

Why this team can't make seemingly obvious moves (at least to me) makes no sense at all.
    Well the rest of the guys "have options" let them get some constant work, until expanded rosters, I guess is the thought process.

I think its unanimous on Gosling and Stanton and Reds fans. But the team is already eating some largish contracts (LaRue, Cormier, Milton, etc) and maybe trying to hold off on Stanton until the next fiscal year or hoping he walks away.

Why did it take Elizardo until now to get a chance at the rotation? I wanted him before Dumatrait was even called up to go in that rotation spot.
    Was he healthy or did the FO think that the season was a wash and wanted to see what Belisle, Dumatrait, etc could offer since they saw probably the best of Elizardo at the start of last year? Just throwing ideas otu there. You and others that have better information on that.

Speaking of which; Belisle needs to keep getting his work in since this is his first year starting for such a long part of the season. I think he wore out some. I still think he could be a solid back of the rotation pitcher (at least) next year and beyond.
    That could be true, Belisle had 1 start at Louisville which would lead me to believe they still view him as a rotation guy next year. Hopefully he has a good training program setup to work on his endurance. But the Reds need to decide now whether he's part of the rotation or part of the pen next year and stick to it. He's not a rubber arm that can be a jack of all traits guy like Norm Charlton was for the Reds during the late 80s-early 90s.

I hope the team realizes the rotation is one of the primary areas of concern in the offseason, as it has been. I have tried to say this team has not focused enough on the rotation still but they don't seem to be listening.
    Who really is there to sign? Zambrano was about the only pitcher with a great resume out there and he resigned. Joel Piniero is this years Jeff Weaver someone's going to pay out the ying yang for what he did the last couple months. I wish we could get Dave Duncan and leave LaRussa out of it . Glavine, Smoltz, Leiber among others are the aged wonders if you wanna gamble thats fine.

Most of the rest are injury concerns or coming off of injuries.

Rodrigo Lopez would probably be a decent risk. Pitched more good games than bad but Torn flexor tendon.

Of course a couple good bullpen arms are needed too, but a Burton, Bray, Weathers(since I guess he will stil lbe here) and probably Coutlangus group should be a decent middle-late inning relief group, along with Salmon(if the organization will let him) and possibly McBeth.
    *Assumption that the cards exercise the option on Isringhausen and I cant see the Yanks letting Vizcaino go*

Francisco Cordero anyone? Misses bats, doesnt walk many, or does the recent string plus the $$$ it would take scare you to much? Otherwise I probably wouldnt tinker too much with it. Go young and see if the pen can't mature into a solid group like we are use to seeing out of the Cincinnati pen.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes