Page 97 of 122 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    And you better believe I've contacted the proper "authorities" regarding the situation.

If the allegations are indeed true, I would very much enjoy busting this individual.
    Its been quite a humorous day for this Reds fan.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

In a very lame turn of events, the powers that be on the previously mentioned forum have decided to delete the thread containing what appeared to be very relevant information regarding illegal steroid use by a not-so-good Reds minor league catcher, as they don't want to undermine his career.

I am ensuring this story is not dropped, however, and will continue to push for something to be done, particularly in light of the fact the individual appears to have some strong ties to steroids AND sounds like a major jerk in general from what I've gathered.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Ok, so what is this steroid talk all about? I missed it.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A user believed to be Ryan Jorgensen (his username was found at a steroids forum where he discussed being a catcher with the Marlins, height/weight/age all in line with him, same name on a MySpace) posted about doing steroids with the jargon associated with it (of course I've never done it, so it was like medical speak to me) and talking about how being on different "cycles" made it so he could avoid getting caught. He's a "Hall-of-Fame" poster. The particular user, keymastur, has 7,396 posts there.

MLB ERA

What's sad is if true, he certainly hasn't been helped by the use of steroids.

I wonder if Krivsky and Castellini will remain "status quo" upon hearing THIS news?

The evidence seems pretty overwhelming. I'm not sure how "KeyMastur" could have known about all of those callups well beforehand without being involved closely with the team. Particularly since he ONLY seems to have information on players sent from the minors to the big leagues or the other way around. The minor league connection is pretty blatant.

Also odd is the fact he called himself "Wayne Krivsky" at first and then conceded he (obviously) wasn't. But Jorgensen's middle name? You guessed it...Wayne.

Seems like a boatload of circumstantial evidence to me which could turn into even more with a bit more research.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

What's sad is if true, he certainly hasn't been helped by the use of steroids.

I wonder if Krivsky and Castellini will remain "status quo" upon hearing THIS news?

The evidence seems pretty overwhelming. I'm not sure how "KeyMastur" could have known about all of those callups well beforehand without being involved closely with the team. Particularly since he ONLY seems to have information on players sent from the minors to the big leagues or the other way around. The minor league connection is pretty blatant.

Also odd is the fact he called himself "Wayne Krivsky" at first and then conceded he (obviously) wasn't. But Jorgensen's middle name? You guessed it...Wayne.

Seems like a boatload of circumstantial evidence to me which could turn into even more with a bit more research.
    Maybe if he cared about baseball as much as he cared about drinking and the ladies he'd might have amounted to something.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

"Very interesting

Remember, that talk about Adam Dunn being traded to the Nationals? I've been told the deal was pretty far along when the Nationals pulled the plug on it.

No explanation was given why. But here’s one theory I heard: Jim Bowden never intended to do make a deal. He just strung the Reds along to waste their time. The Reds do still have a grievance pending against the Nationals over the Gary Majewksi episode.""

-John Fay

MLB ERA

Arroyo crushed after a high-stress outing last time out.

What a stunner.

Mackanin is seeming more and more like Narron all the time.

Either Arroyo was again destroyed by our manager or the team has simply stopped playing after the team decided to maintain status quo with a team with a bad record or a combo of both.

How can anyone blame the players if they lay back a bit after seeing so little action to improve the team for the future and an apparent desire to keep the (clearly not good enough) current team together?

Castellini has seemingly refused to outbid large market teams for the better players but won't let the team get some good prospects either. Both he and Krivsky are getting into hotter and hotter water. I think it's up to their neck now and rising fast.

At this rate, they will be submerged very soon.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

"Very interesting

Remember, that talk about Adam Dunn being traded to the Nationals? I've been told the deal was pretty far along when the Nationals pulled the plug on it.

No explanation was given why. But here’s one theory I heard: Jim Bowden never intended to do make a deal. He just strung the Reds along to waste their time. The Reds do still have a grievance pending against the Nationals over the Gary Majewksi episode.""

-John Fay

Oh wow! I wouldn't put it past Bowden at all. Should we excuse Krivsky then? I say maybe a little, but just for Dunn. He still should have found more suitors for a Plan B and still should have traded Conine, Hatteberg, and Weathers.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Very interesting

-John Fay
    I don't know, when it comes to rumors and Bowden separating fact from fiction is near impossible. Thusly, people assume all sorts of things when it comes to Leatherpants as this is just a THEORY (in case others glance over that as I did the first time around.) Dunn would be the power they want, a playmate for Kearns, and a name with some star power to it to take them into a new stadium... I have to think that Bowden wanted his former boy badly. Either he is saving face by leaking this to someone in the press, like he is just that crafty and exacting his revenge over the grievance or people are letting their minds wonder since it is Bowden.

MLB ERA

Elizardo back in AAA after two shutout innings in the bullpen, while Coffey, Stanton and Santos stick around.

Thom mentioned on the radio last night that he had heard some in the organization who have basically given up on Elizardo before he even has a chance, despite the fact he was good last year up until Narron started abusing him a bit, which was right before his DL trip.

Apprently even Mackanin didn't understand why Elizardo was sent down based on what he said when asked why Dumatrait and not Elizardo making today's start. He basically said "I don't know. I was told Dumatrait was starting."

It seems Krivsky is calling all the shots here, which makes no sense if he really hopes to help Mackanin land the job next year. I guess maybe he's trying to save himself only at this point?

What a sad state of affairs.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

I read that Elizardo is having some more shoulder soreness and that is why he was sent down.....I'll look and see if I can find the article though.

MLB ERA

within the same article that CRF is referring to was this:

"Ramirez said Tuesday that his shoulder, which kept him sidelined most of the season, is still bothering him."

could be why he is being sent back down, but who knows....he certainly looked decent in his two innings last night.

MLB ERA

He also pitched 100 pitches (I heard) in his previous Louisville start.

He may not be 100 percent, but if he isn't too hurt to not pitch at all, he is a better option than those names I mentioned before and I fear a better option than Dumatrait, though I will be interested in scouting him to get "inside the numbers" tonight.

MLB ERA

I am sure it has been discussed on here before, but it seems as if over the last few years anytime we face a pitcher that is in his first handful of major league stars we seem to get owned. I wonder if there are any stats out there that shows just how poorly we tend to perform against new major league starting pitchers.

Page 97 of 122 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast